It’s Always Sunny in California!..Eh?...L’il Bit!

The Bugs area looks really cute, except for that big bandaid.:crazy2: LOL. Monsters Inc and Monsters U are both really cute, definitely a must watch! I love Laugh Floor but a ride I bet is awesome, too!

I'm caught up again (sorry I got behind...I know you know why).

I love the parade pics with the Monster characters...so fun.

And the rides sound great too.

So you saw all of the Monsters Inc ride but only saw the beginning of the movie?

I'm the anti-Jen.

I saw all of the movie but only the beginning of the ride! :rotfl: We waited in line for a while, then had to bail out to be over at DL in time to see the parade.

LOL! I promise to watch it one of these days. When I can take a breath. I swear I just keep getting busier and busier lately, not only work, just with everything.

Oh i love the Mosters Inc ride! Confession, I have also not seen Monsters Inc in its entirety and I still love the ride and Laugh Floor. Santa brought it to me for Xmas so as soon as June is over (have Weddings and baby/wedding showers weekly it seems) I am gonna bust out the movie and watch it!

It is a great ride...and I am glad I am not the only one who has not seen Mosnters Inc. yet. Life is busy here too. I had all these plans of things to get done today. I got 1 of those done! ;)

The Bugs area looks really cute, except for that big bandaid.:crazy2: LOL. Monsters Inc and Monsters U are both really cute, definitely a must watch! I love Laugh Floor but a ride I bet is awesome, too!

The bandaid is pretty gross!

I'm caught up again (sorry I got behind...I know you know why).

I love the parade pics with the Monster characters...so fun.

And the rides sound great too.

I totally understand. And don't worry..I am behind on just about every TR I read here. Some by zillions of pages. :rotfl2:

As the ride ended, we were stopped right before the unloading area and I snapped this picture.

She then looked at me and something along the lines of “I forgot to smile”. And I laughed, I wasn't sure if it was coincidence or if it was really interacting with us.

She then started making comments about other people in the car, so definitely interactive, which was pretty cool.

Back into the night we went, and I took more pictures as we walked.

One thing that was weird, was it got dark early. Now in Feb, yes it does get dark early, but it really seemed weird to me that it got dark early in such nice weather. Most of the time when we go to Florida, it’s right around the time change…and I guess a few weeks makes a difference too.

Off we headed to Carsland once again. We decided to check out the single rider line for Radiator springs as we wanted to ride it in the dark.
It was longer than we had hoped it would be, but we decided we would chance it.

We seemed to be at a standstill for quite some time and now our ADR time was fast approaching. We decided to see if we could change it, well I tried on my phone and it was taking forever to work and it wouldn’t let me move it that way. I tried googling the direct number, but couldn’t find that. I think I called dining as well, and they couldn’t help me either. We just decided that we would show up late and hope for the best.

We inched our way along.

We finally got into a line up for our cars. There goes Cass!

Now I should’ve been in the car in front of her, but for some reason they didn’t let anyone in that car, so I guess there must’ve been something wrong with it, but I did get in the next set.

And off I go!

At one point you go in one direction or the other on the ride. I had always gone into the paint room and thought that was what was in the other room too. This was the only time I went the other direction and lo and behold…it was different. It was a tire changing room. I was excited to see it…and didn’t take any pictures. LOL

I got off the ride and did a super-fast walk out the exit. I didn’t even stop to look at my photo. Cass was waiting for me and wondered where I have been since she thought I was in the car in front of her. I told her for some reason we weren’t allowed on it so I had to wait. And then we did the fast walk. A SUPER Fast Walk. It was our ADR time now, so we were officially late.

We walked so fast that our legs were killing us. At times Cass was in the lead and then I would take over the lead for a bit, but neither of us were ever too far behind the other.
I have no idea when, but at some point I took this picture.

It was like we were in a race and our life depended on fast walking. I was surprised but instead of my thighs burning, my calves were. I put every drop of energy I had in that walk!
As we approached DLH I started to slow down, I just couldn’t go as fast anymore. Cass passed me and asked if she should slow down…..and I was like “NO…go on…..get there….I’ll make it….win it for me!!! “ LOL!
She arrived before me, but I wasn’t too far behind and we checked in and had no issues. I think we were about 15-20 minutes late? I don’t remember now for sure, but they didn’t seem to care, which was good.

And it wasn’t long at all and we were seated.

It seems like there was a special menu we could order off of too this night, though I could be wrong. I am pretty sure there was though and we got a prix fixe meal.

We started out with bread!

Cass had ordered soup and we just busted out laughing when we saw how big the bowl was.

So we took a goofy picture.

I got the Shrimp Cocktail.

And we both got the steak, but I can’t remember which kind it was???? Perhaps Filet Mignon.

The potato casserole with it was heavenly!!!! We both wished the helping was bigger.

I believe we had a couple of dessert choices and I was just so full that I really didn’t want one, but it came with the meal so I ordered the same that Cass had, which I think was described as a mousse cake. I am not a big fan of chocolate cake normally, but I usually like Disney’s and I figured if it had some sort of mousse filling with it, it would be ok to nibble on.
This is what we got.

It was basically a chocolate shell filled with mousse. This made me happy and yes I ate the whole darn thing, however, this is not what Cass thought it would be (nor I for that matter) and she wasn’t too thrilled with it.

This meal was darn good! I am so glad we went here. It was expensive, but with the prix fixe meal we got, it wasn’t too bad for what we got…..and we had vouchers, so those covered our meals.

We rolled ourselves out and wobbled back towards the GC once again. Of course I took pictures along the way.

The long way to our room

I believe we did go to DTD for a little bit and shopped at World of Disney. I know at some point Cass bought the same sweatshirt that I had bought, but not sure if this was the night or not.

We did finally go to sleep, but of course we laughed and talked first. It was like one big slumber party this week, but we did eventually go to sleep.

Jen, that picture of the Muppet 3D sign is awesome.

Oh your poor legs; I'm glad you had no problem getting in even though you were late.

I am sitting here drooling over your entire dinner, but especially the chocolate dessert.

I love that light fixture with the Mickey heads. I want one. :goodvibes

Jen, I had to :lmao: when that lady at the end of the Monsters ride started to talk to us. So, I completely understand that you were wondering too.

Radiator Springs Racers looks cool, night and day.

OMG - powerwalking to your dinner ADR. But by the looks of it, it seems to have been worth it. ;)
The soup bowl is hilarious, but we kind of are getting used to it, as they seem to use those a lot around here. :rotfl2:
LOVE the look of your mousse cake. That would have been right up my street. :cloud9:

I am so glad that you made your ADR at Steakhouse 55 even if it meant some serious power-walking. I have never tried their potato casserole, but their macaroni cheese is heavenly. This is one of my all time favourite restaurants.

Radiator Springs at night looks fun. That may have to go on the to do list.

Corinna

I love this picture, too! She definitely looks so life-like. I can't wait to see this in person.

I read your updates yesterday and never got a chance to comment and now there are more. :faint:

Let's see - I love the pictures from the Pixar are parade.

The cars ride at night must really be fun. The night time colors are cool. So many things I can't wait to see for myself.

Dinner looks yummy! I hear a lot about steakhouse 55. Is this a must visit place? I'm not a huge steak eater, but I'm thinking Denny would probably really like it!

Glad you were able to eat at Steakhouse 55 and they didn't make a big deal about ya'll being late. It looks like it was worth the power walking. That dessert looks and sounds amazing.

The Muppets sign is really cool! And the racers at night look awesome! I know how awful it is to race to a ADR so you don't miss it....you are exhausted by the time you get there. The meal looks amazing though so I am glad you didn't have any problems being seated. I love the Mickey head light feature, too. :)

With the power walk/run, you two deserved an awesome meal! The food looks really really good but I have to agree that the side dish sizes look a little on the small side.

Jen, that picture of the Muppet 3D sign is awesome.

Oh your poor legs; I'm glad you had no problem getting in even though you were late.

I am sitting here drooling over your entire dinner, but especially the chocolate dessert.

I love that light fixture with the Mickey heads. I want one. :goodvibes

Thanks!
It was the hardest we walked all week and we usually walk fairly fast, but wow, that was a killer.
This dinner was pretty awesome to me.
:thumbsup2

Jen, I had to :lmao: when that lady at the end of the Monsters ride started to talk to us. So, I completely understand that you were wondering too.

Radiator Springs Racers looks cool, night and day.

OMG - powerwalking to your dinner ADR. But by the looks of it, it seems to have been worth it. ;)
The soup bowl is hilarious, but we kind of are getting used to it, as they seem to use those a lot around here. :rotfl2:
LOVE the look of your mousse cake. That would have been right up my street. :cloud9:

It took by surprise.
RRS is such a great ride. One of my favorites for sure!
I have been seeing bigger bowls lately too, not sure of the purpose, but they look so funny.
I loved the dessert!

I am so glad that you made your ADR at Steakhouse 55 even if it meant some serious power-walking. I have never tried their potato casserole, but their macaroni cheese is heavenly. This is one of my all time favourite restaurants.

Radiator Springs at night looks fun. That may have to go on the to do list.

Corinna

I think this was one of my favorite meals. It was very good...and we worked off a few calories before we ate too!
You must put it on your list! ;)

I love this picture, too! She definitely looks so life-like. I can't wait to see this in person.

She does, it was great!

I read your updates yesterday and never got a chance to comment and now there are more. :faint:

Let's see - I love the pictures from the Pixar are parade.

The parade was really nice. I know Claire would love it.

The cars ride at night must really be fun. The night time colors are cool. So many things I can't wait to see for myself.

The whole area is so beautiful at night.

Dinner looks yummy! I hear a lot about steakhouse 55. Is this a must visit place? I'm not a huge steak eater, but I'm thinking Denny would probably really like it!

I love steak, but they had several different choices. This was one of my favortie meals for sure!

Glad you were able to eat at Steakhouse 55 and they didn't make a big deal about ya'll being late. It looks like it was worth the power walking. That dessert looks and sounds amazing.

Disneyland dining is so much different than WDW and they are more laid back for the most part.

The Muppets sign is really cool! And the racers at night look awesome! I know how awful it is to race to a ADR so you don't miss it....you are exhausted by the time you get there. The meal looks amazing though so I am glad you didn't have any problems being seated. I love the Mickey head light feature, too. :)

Thanks!
We did a double race, first the racers then the race to eat! :rotfl:

With the power walk/run, you two deserved an awesome meal! The food looks really really good but I have to agree that the side dish sizes look a little on the small side.

I really wish they gave a bigger helping of the potatoes, but then again, I probably couldn't fit it in me! :laughing:

A little update from the real world!

This weekend is really busy and I might not get an update done again till Sunday or Monday.

I wanted to update you all on my conference trip for Aug. As some of you may or may not know, but the Diagon Alley opening date at Universal Studios was announced this week...finally. I had been debating on going to Universal since this trip was in the starting stages. I even contacted someone about making it more about business than pleasure, and it wasn't going to work out. WELL......When they announced the official opening date I just had to go. I knew it would be open by then, but this really made me want to go more. So I made a reservation for the night of Aug. 24 at Royal Pacific, changed my flight to leave in the afternoon of the 25, rented a car for the whole stay as it was cheaper that way than doing it for just 1 day, and ordered my ticket.
It's going to be a very busy weekend, but it will be a lot of fun and I can't wait to check out Diagon Alley!

So jealous... when I saw the pictures I told Momma we should change our California trip to a Florida one :lmao:

This weekend is really busy and I might not get an update done again till Sunday or Monday.

I wanted to update you all on my conference trip for Aug. As some of you may or may not know, but the Diagon Alley opening date at Universal Studios was announced this week...finally. I had been debating on going to Universal since this trip was in the starting stages. I even contacted someone about making it more about business than pleasure, and it wasn't going to work out. WELL......When they announced the official opening date I just had to go. I knew it would be open by then, but this really made me want to go more. So I made a reservation for the night of Aug. 24 at Royal Pacific, changed my flight to leave in the afternoon of the 25, rented a car for the whole stay as it was cheaper that way than doing it for just 1 day, and ordered my ticket.
It's going to be a very busy weekend, but it will be a lot of fun and I can't wait to check out Diagon Alley!

This is awesome Jen! I really can't wait to read your review. I'm still planning on Universal for October. That and Seaworld. We are going to do a 4 night trip to Williamsburg at the end of summer and I think we are going to get a BG annual pass since our Disney passes have expired.

That's great news, Jen! Not the busy weekend part ...... the Diagon Alley one. :rotfl2:
Isn't it great when suddenly all the "puzzle pieces" fall into place and everything works out?
Can't wait to hear all about it. :thumbsup2

That is great that everything is falling into place for this trip, but I think you need a vacation when you are coming back.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter