• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Issues with CDN ticket offer at parks

WishingMom

DIS Veteran
I’m being told there have been issues with people using the tickets from the Canadian offer at the parks...does anyone have any confirmation of this?

thanks

We were there last week, first park day was Wednesday February 19th. The resort desk could not activate our tickets but it was super easy to do it at the park guest relations, only took a couple minutes.

I’m being told there have been issues with people using the tickets from the Canadian offer at the parks...does anyone have any confirmation of this?

thanks
Our last 2 WDW trips were with Canadian resident tickets and we had no issues at all. The first trip
We went to guest relations at Disney Springs to activate them and last year we activated them at the MK guest relations. They did require our passports to activate both times. I’ve also used them a few times at Disneyland with no issues there either.

We used them in December with no issues. We activated at Animal Kingdom.

thanks
What type of "issues" have you been hearing about? If it's the fact that tickets need to be activated by showing a passport, that's not new nor is it much of a problem. Those are terms that are clearly stated when you purchase the tickets and need to be taken into account before you enter your first park. It's easy to do by going to any guest relations location at any park or Disney Springs or a ticket window at any park entrance and showing valid Canadian residency proof -- most easily done with a passport or Nexus card has worked for some people as well.

If there's another problem that people have been experiencing I haven't seen any chatter here.

Booked my cdn tix and a discounted room through travel agent, no validation needed. Party in front of me was not happy when they got flagged to go to GS at MK

Booked my cdn tix and a discounted room through travel agent, no validation needed. Party in front of me was not happy when they got flagged to go to GS at MK
I’ve heard of this. My friends were told they didn’t need to go to gs. They were told this while at gs. Don’t know how to figure out who must go and who doesn’t need to. My friends bought theirs online from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter