• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Israel

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
Has anyone on this thread been to Israel, on a guided tour or otherwise? I'm hoping to get some leads to useful information on trips, discussion boards, whatever might be out there. We are considering a trip but I will miss having the Disboards for infos!

I wish I could say yes I have and if ABD EVER went there I would so be on the first trip! One could only hope! I hope you get the info you need!

I've been, but it was almost 30 years ago, so I doubt that I would really be that much help. Depending on what kind of questions you have, I have family in Israel, and could try & get you some answers from them. Or you could wait until after June, because I'm seriously thinking of going to Israel to visit them before my K&L ABD in June...

Sayhello

I also wish there was an ABD to Israel - but probably they are worried about security issues, or how to please everyone. I have some friends who have gone, but since I have discovered the addictive pleasures of the disboards I was just hoping for something similar!

We have the opportunity to go with a group in April - so, sayhello, if I do go, maybe I can give you some advice this time!

:goodvibes

PS - The thread mentioning referral bonuses cracked me up, thinking about how much $$ sayhello would have made if ABD had this program...

I have been there, but it was 20 years ago. I spent a month traveling and taking various tours.

I think many of the same rules apply now as they would really for any part of the world. If you are unfamiliar with an area or have possible concerns about your safety it is adviseable to take a tour to have someone guide you through the area. If you like to have free time either get a tour that has a good amount of free time to explore or book long enough so you have some days on your own.

I can tell you I was 17 when I went and I did fine on my own. I based myself in Tel Aviv, talked to the locals (people at the hotel or hostle) about where were the safe areas in the city to go on my own. I took some day trip tours, then a week long tour and then I did some travelling on my own and with my sister.

It is a beautiful country and I would highly suggest visiting.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll do my best to answer.

Has anyone on this thread been to Israel, on a guided tour or otherwise? I'm hoping to get some leads to useful information on trips, discussion boards, whatever might be out there. We are considering a trip but I will miss having the Disboards for infos!

Yes, I've been to Israel 3 times. The first time was a guided tour (went for my 16th birthday with my parents) but I don't remember the name of the tour. Maybe it was with Apple Vacations?? The second time I went alone but we have so much family there that I didn't need a hotel. One of my mom's cousins is a tour guide from Jerusalem so he took me around. Third time was back in 1998 to visit my best friend for 3 weeks who was staying there with her grandmother for a year.

Israel is amazing! I can't even put into words the beauty of this country. I would love to take my boys there when they turn 13 instead of having a bar mitzvah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter