Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Us too, my 83yo mother was so proud of herself after she videoed the whole firework show on her phone from the room while the rest of us were at Epcot, lol

When we were at Poly last week, when checking in the CM stated we were in ‘Theme Park’ view room (which confused me for a second). We had 2 LV PVB Studios booked and that’s what we received

Probably was just a slip up with the CM but was wondering.. could they reclassify the top floor of Moorea from a LV to ‘theme park’ view?
I never thought about the ability to reclassify those rooms. If they can do that, they absolutely should.

I would rather be in a standard view seeing the landscape than those first floor bungalow view studios. (Paying higher points for a first floor bungalow view is something I fear every time we book LV).

I never thought about the ability to reclassify those rooms. If they can do that, they absolutely should.

I would rather be in a standard view seeing the landscape than those first floor bungalow view studios. (Paying higher points for a first floor bungalow view is something I fear every time we book LV).
+1

I’d pay another several points to guarantee 3rd floor.

I don’t ever remember fireworks more than once per night except New Years Eve. What I miss is the night parade. That’s been gone from WDW for a long time.

They used to do it every night during the summer. They brought it back as recently as 2022, but shelved it again.

The reason would be that point charts are pretty faithfully pegged to cash prices, at least relative cash prices at the time the resort goes on sale. And Poly is (barely) cheaper than VGF.
I believe you on Poly v VGF pricing, but surely Poly *today* is more expensive than VGF 10+ years ago, when its point chart was set for larger rooms. Maybe they are opening the tower as a hotel first so they can show outrageous nightly (December holiday season!) rates before revealing the 1 & 2 bedroom point charts? 🤨

Us too, my 83yo mother was so proud of herself after she videoed the whole firework show on her phone from the room while the rest of us were at Epcot, lol

When we were at Poly last week, when checking in the CM stated we were in ‘Theme Park’ view room (which confused me for a second). We had 2 LV PVB Studios booked and that’s what we received

Probably was just a slip up with the CM but was wondering.. could they reclassify the top floor of Moorea from a LV to ‘theme park’ view?
It makes sense for Disney to make this change. There’s no reason why a first floor Moorea lake view room should cost the same as a 3rd floor Moorea lake view room. It’s a simple change that I think would leave more people happy/satisfied than the current model. They’re already working on the points chart for the tower (and possibly adjusting the bungalows points), so why not take a look at also adjusting the Moorea lake view points?

The main complication with adding a TPV and having a LV category is the fixed weeks sold as Lake View. If they turned the first floor to standard I don’t think that would be a problem but not sure they could create a new view for long houses. For the Tower, I fully anticipate they will have a TPV…

The main complication with adding a TPV and having a LV category is the fixed weeks sold as Lake View. If they turned the first floor to standard I don’t think that would be a problem but not sure they could create a new view for long houses. For the Tower, I fully anticipate they will have a TPV…
Very good point. The view from the 1st floor should be moved to "Standard" and the 2nd and 3rd should remain "Lake View". Depending on the number of FW sold for the Lake View would it make it impossible to book these rooms with points?

The one time I splurged for Lake View, we received a 1st floor room. They were able to move us up on the 3rd night of our stay.

During the original PVB sales, not many FW were sold. What I recall is original VGF had significantly more FW sales than PVB, despite PVB having more toys points. However, I am not sure whether they reached the threshold for any week to prevent a change or not.

Back then, I believe the issue with changing was the math didn’t work very well. Moving 24 1st floor to SV, would have required a bigger jump in LV points.

If it is possible to adjust (depends on FW sold as well as whether it is legal to adjust with the tower addition), now is the time to do it.

During the original PVB sales, not many FW were sold. What I recall is original VGF had significantly more FW sales than PVB, despite PVB having more toys points. However, I am not sure whether they reached the threshold for any week to prevent a change or not.

Back then, I believe the issue with changing was the math didn’t work very well. Moving 24 1st floor to SV, would have required a bigger jump in LV points.

If it is possible to adjust (depends on FW sold as well as whether it is legal to adjust with the tower addition), now is the time to do it.
Yeah, my thinking is they could do this fairly easily assuming there’s not a crazy number of fixed weeks for lake view. Move some points around from the 1st floor to either increase the TP view’s points or redistribute them into the tower to spread them out even more. It definitely seems possible…just unsure if they will take the time to do so.

Yeah, my thinking is they could do this fairly easily assuming there’s not a crazy number of fixed weeks for lake view. Move some points around from the 1st floor to either increase the TP view’s points or redistribute them into the tower to spread them out even more. It definitely seems possible…just unsure if they will take the time to do so.
Since we're fixing all the points, let's remember to create a Poly Value category for the Pago Pago parking lot views!

I believe you on Poly v VGF pricing, but surely Poly *today* is more expensive than VGF 10+ years ago, when its point chart was set for larger rooms.
Well, yes, but that isn’t really the right way to think about it. I don’t know what the exact numbers are, but let’s say in 1996 a DVC point bought on average $20 of room at OKW, the BWV point chart was then set based on a point being worth about $20.

But in 2002 a point was worth an average of $25 across the 5 open resorts, so the BCV point charts were set based on a $25 per point value.

And then by 2013 say it was $40, so the VGF point charts were based off of a point being worth $40.

And you see that in the outputs. Disney was raising hotel prices so fast in that era, that by the time Copper Creek opened, WL probably cost nearly as much a night as Grand Floridian had cost when VGF went on sale a few years earlier, But the CCV point chart is substantially lower, because the value of a point had increased at the same rate.

So I predict that Disney will price Poly in a manner that will keep the point prices in line with the hotel prices. As they have in the past.

I think they have been able to change categories around before at BWV. Making BW view a separate booking category. But I don’t think they changed the points need for that (not sure), just added the category…I’m not sure if doing that without raising the pts need would be a good thing for PVB though

Very good point. The view from the 1st floor should be moved to "Standard" and the 2nd and 3rd should remain "Lake View". Depending on the number of FW sold for the Lake View would it make it impossible to book these rooms with points?

The one time I splurged for Lake View, we received a 1st floor room. They were able to move us up on the 3rd night of our stay.
I would like to clarify. I think turning the 1st floor of Moorea into standard and Pago Pago parking lot facing into “value” view are all within the rules and points readjusted accordingly.

What I DONT think is permissible is to change the 3rd floor of Moorea into theme park view, a new previously non-existent category at the time the LV contracts were sold. By doing so they are changing the definition of lake view by downgrading it, if they upgrade it then I doubt anyone would complain…

Fixed week owners of LV would be materially affected negatively so my guess and my hope is that they don’t add TPV to long house studios.

I don’t think they can because if you look at the declarations, I think they declared them that way.

It’s not done that way at all resorts. Plus, the more categories, the harder it is to book rooms.

The only potential I could see is making a category 3rd floor a booking category like the did with BW view rooms. But again, it will make it harder to book and potentially leave single nights here and there over what happens now.

So, I do not see them changing the Moorea room classifications to a new view. . Remember, CMs at the front desk deal with both DVC and hotel and it could be something related to that?

Last edited:
I don’t think they can because if you look at the declarations, I think they declared them that way.

It’s not done that way at all resorts. Plus, the more categories, the harder it is to book rooms.

The only potential I could see is making a category 3rd floor a booking category like the did with BW view rooms. But again, it will make it harder to book and potentially leave single nights here and there over what happens now.

So, I do not see them changing the Moorea room classifications to a new view. . Remember, CMs at the front desk deal with both DVC and hotel and it could be something related to that?
Could they keep 2nd and 3rd as lake view, but change 1st floor to standard view?
I’m in the minority, but I think Poly is too far away to really have a theme park view.

Could they keep 2nd and 3rd as theme park view, but change 1st floor to standard view?
I’m in the minority, but I think Poly is too far away to really have a theme park view.

I will try to look at the Poly POS but no. I think they made clear how many rooms match tbose views when declaring them so that can’t be changed. I could be wrong.

But, I still do not see them doing that. It just gets too complicated to try to micromanage the views to that degree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter