• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Is this true? Special Menu for those on the Dining Plan?

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
A poster on the "Thumbs down on Coral Reef" thread said that they were given a "special" menu at Coral Reef that was only for those on the Dining Plan. Is this true??? If so, it makes me re-think using the plan again. It doesn't seem fair. :confused3

I dont believe there is a special menu for DP users.. I didnt experience one last yr.. Anyway it would make sense that some items not be included like add ons or $30 entrees. IMHO if you want that lobster tail added on or the lobster dinner its paid OOP. From my experience almost everything on the menus everywhere is included so dont worry. Just plan on paying OOP for any extras like you would if you werent on the plan..

We were on the plan in June and were very happy with it. I am just concerned that we wouldn't have the option to add on items that were not included in the plan if we were given a "special" menu. We wouldn't even know about them...

TruBlu said:
We were on the plan in June and were very happy with it. I am just concerned that we wouldn't have the option to add on items that were not included in the plan if we were given a "special" menu. We wouldn't even know about them...

Oh, trust me, the more you add on the bigger the tip, so they would definitely not hide those items. When we went, we sometimes paid oop for our 2 yo and they automatically added the 15% gratuity, they want you to buy extra sides and drinks.

We dined there on 6/30 and we were given the regular menu, they didn't ask us before we were seated if we were on the DDP, so how would they know which menu to bring you (if there was such a thing)?

I did not see that stated on that thread - which post says that? Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1155467

No restaurant has a seperate menu for DDP participants and I have not heard that from anyone who has just returned. Unless I missed something in that thread, I did not see anyone say that. I would like to know where you read it, though, as we are planning to dine there ourselves ;)

Aimeedyan said:
I did not see that stated on that thread - which post says that? Here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1155467

No restaurant has a seperate menu for DDP participants and I have not heard that from anyone who has just returned. Unless I missed something in that thread, I did not see anyone say that. I would like to know where you read it, though, as we are planning to dine there ourselves ;)
Post #55

First timer said:
We were asked when we arrived to our table whether or not we were on the DP. The waiter then brought us a special menu he said was for those on the dining plan.

TruBlu said:

Thanks! I didn't go back and check that thread in a few days. I have a feeling that poster was misinformed as no one else has mentioned the "special menu" nor has Disney ever said there is one. That is one of the huge selling points for the plan on Disneys end. Many many other people have come back and said there was no special menu... maybe their waiter was giving them a hard time for being on the DDP?

Their menu IS very limited already so I can't imagine them cutting it down anymore... As it is, there are only 8 entree choices! =)

We'll just wait and see if someone else says something I guess!

We did not encounter any special menu for the DDP. Some special packages have special menus (like the Fantasmic dinner package and the Canelight Processional package).

In many restaurants, we were not asked whether we were on the plan until after we were seated with a menu in our hands.

Our most recent trips were December 2005 and May 2006.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter