Is this true about buying park tickets

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
My sister is there now, she has not been to WDW in over 20 years- she wants to buy a park ticket (one day) to MK to show her adult disabled daughter (21)…she said the app said starting January 2023 changes were coming- can she choose a day where she can experience the park and see the fireworks? If she wants to go tomorrow- she has tickets from 8am-6pm- then they say she must pay another $139 to stay the last four hours. Is there an event? I’d there a day where she wouldn’t have to pay $280 pp just to stay at MK all day?

I'm surprised the extra charge was mentioned at all as that's a Christmas Party night, and the party's sold out.

That would be why the extra charge to stay past 6:00. Non-partygoers are encouraged to exit the MK before then.

She would only be able to go on Wednesday, 11/16 or Saturday, 11/19. Those are the only non-party nights this week and may not have available park reservations this close to the days.

I'm surprised the extra charge was mentioned at all as that's a Christmas Party night, and the party's sold out.

That would be why the extra charge to stay past 6:00. Non-partygoers are encouraged to exit the MK before then.

She would only be able to go on Wednesday, 11/16 or Saturday, 11/19. Those are the only non-party nights this week and may not have available park reservations this close to the days.
Thank you! She said all M-F tickets ended at 6:00! I’ll have her check Wednesday- so, will they hold two fireworks? Or only one during 6-10 event?

Call center CMs often give mistaken or misleading info, unfortunately. This one probably glanced at their script which said you must have a park ticket AND pay the extra charge to stay after 6:00 for the MVMCP.

There will be fireworks but not like the Christmas Party ones. If they're expecting the stage show, projections onto the Castle as well as fireworks, there'll be a more limited show and less-spectacular fireworks.

On a non-party night, fireworks generally occur at park closing and only the once. Anyway, I think that's the deal though could be mistaken. On the party nights, there's only one fireworks show, generally about 9:00 if I remember right. (Only been 8 years since we last did MVMCP. Yikes!)

We've generally done the MVMCP and avoided the MK at nights otherwise this time of year, because the fireworks show is so much more extensive at the party.

Wednesday and Saturday are the only days without a Christmas Party this week . They don’t have the regular fireworks on party night just Fireworks later on during the party.

So confusing!!!! She is trying to buy their tickets for tomorrow (they fly back on Wednesday)…she has the app and it shows you can’t buy MK- sold out (all day Monday)…then she called, and they said no tickets- she check app again and it says Monday IS available, but if she buys their one day ticket- she can’t select MK- they only want to do MK. She has to buy a generic DW ticket- then she runs the risk of it being sold out AFTER she bought the ticket- Disney won’t let her get refund if after she bought the ticket she then finds she can’t visit MK- is she missing something? What has happened? How can DW do this?

1. MK is booked up for every day this week except Thursday.(Tuesday opened up after I refreshed)
2. Thursday is also a Christmas Party night
3. Even if OP did want to add on the Christmas Party they are all sold out.

So if OP wants to go this week they'll have to leave at 6.

OP. This Link shows you park pass availibilty before you buy a ticket.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/theme-parks/

So confusing!!!! She is trying to buy their tickets for tomorrow (they fly back on Wednesday)…she has the app and it shows you can’t buy MK- sold out (all day Monday)…then she called, and they said no tickets- she check app again and it says Monday IS available, but if she buys their one day ticket- she can’t select MK- they only want to do MK. She has to buy a generic DW ticket- then she runs the risk of it being sold out AFTER she bought the ticket- Disney won’t let her get refund if after she bought the ticket she then finds she can’t visit MK- is she missing something? What has happened? How can DW do this?
Honestly I think she is out of luck. I'm looking and MK has no availability between now and the 26th except for Thursday. You say she is leaving Wednesday, so Thursday is out.

If a park closes at 6 pm there will be no regular fireworks, there will only be the Christmas fireworks for people at the party that night. Disney is just not a last minute thing anymore with reservations required.

If she def wants to do something tomorrow and see fireworks ... I suggest she look at SeaWorld. They have some great ticket deals going, no reservations needed and probably the best Christmas decor and celebration of the theme parks. https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/christmas-celebration/

Another option is to go to MK tomorrow or Tuesday, and enjoy the lower crowds of MK as vacationers plan for Wednesdays not only to avoid the 6p closing but also deluxe resort guests get extra evening hours and so many plan to make this an MK day.

Now even though they'll have to leave at 6p it does not mean the day has to end. They can then enjoy one of the nearby resorts and the fireworks from there. Going from open until 6p is a pretty long day as it is, so leaving the park and heading to a resort where they can relax in the lounge for a while, get some dinner, and then watch the fireworks might be a better option altogether than a traditional open to close day at MK.

Another option is to go to MK tomorrow or Tuesday, and enjoy the lower crowds of MK as vacationers plan for Wednesdays not only to avoid the 6p closing but also deluxe resort guests get extra evening hours and so many plan to make this an MK day.

Now even though they'll have to leave at 6p it does not mean the day has to end. They can then enjoy one of the nearby resorts and the fireworks from there. Going from open until 6p is a pretty long day as it is, so leaving the park and heading to a resort where they can relax in the lounge for a while, get some dinner, and then watch the fireworks might be a better option altogether than a traditional open to close day at MK.
There are no park reservations for MK for tomorrow or Tuesday (as of the current time I am posting this), so unless OP wanted to spring for one day park hopper and only be guaranteed 2pm-6pm in MK, then it seems they are out of luck for a full day at MK.

It’s the park reservation system that complicates things. You can buy a one day ticket but without an available park reservation you can’t go to the park that you want.
Yes, this is most likely the issue.

These days, a park ticket AND a reservation for your park-of-the-day are necessary to get entry to a park.

The old days of all you needed was to buy a one-day ticket for a park are gone. Now, you must also check to see if there are any reservations left for that day in that park.

My sister is there now, she has not been to WDW in over 20 years- she wants to buy a park ticket (one day) to MK to show her adult disabled daughter (21)…she said the app said starting January 2023 changes were coming- can she choose a day where she can experience the park and see the fireworks? If she wants to go tomorrow- she has tickets from 8am-6pm- then they say she must pay another $139 to stay the last four hours. Is there an event? I’d there a day where she wouldn’t have to pay $280 pp just to stay at OK all da

She will be very surprised. Yes. Disney has decided to sell the same park 3 TIMES... once in morning, they disguise it as "Early Morning Magic" at $89, then mid-day as regular admission at $100, then evening as "Party"... Isn't that clever marketing? They get to sell the same park admission multiple times to the same person in a same day.

They stopped Early Morning Magic in 2020 / COVID time... so who knows if they will bring it back. With inflation and money lost during COVID, I am not surprised to see more costs for more things to come, like replacing FP+ with Genie+

This is going to sound harsh so sorry for that, but Bob C doesn’t really care at all about 2 guests coming to visit for one day who only want MK. That is very low on their priority list, probably even below passholder.

This is going to sound harsh so sorry for that, but Bob C doesn’t really care at all about 2 guests coming to visit for one day who only want MK. That is very low on their priority list, probably even below passholder.
Bob just confirmed this yesterday with the new 1 day ticket price increases (for purchases after Dec 8th). Single day guests need to pay a premium to visit MK & HS, or get persuaded into filling attendance gaps at the lower costing EP/AK.

Bob just confirmed this yesterday with the new 1 day ticket price increases (for purchases after Dec 8th). Single day guests need to pay a premium to visit MK & HS, or get persuaded into filling attendance gaps at the lower costing EP/AK.
Or pay for park hopper so they can leave the lower priced AK or Epcot and go to MK&HS.

It is unfortunately more and more expensive but we all keep paying not helping your sister and her family. At somepoint, there will probably be a party everyday so you will have to pay double to be there a full day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter