Is this right?

RoutemanDan

DIS Veteran
We have a june use year.I banked my 2001 points.I called two days ago to make a ressie for May of 2002.The lady told me I would have to borrow my 02 points because I banked my 01 points and the 01 points can't be used until after June.Is this correct?

yes dan that is true...banked points cannot be unbanked..so you would have to borrow from the next years allotment. it all works out in the end.

Yes, you can not 'unbank' points...I also have a June use year, and have to borrow points for an "end of May/first of June" stay. It works out fine.

With a June use year, your 2001 points are good for reservations between June 1, 2001 and May 31, 2002. Your 2002 points work for reservations between June 1, 2002 and May 31, 2003.

Since you banked your 2001 points, they are now good for a stay between June 1, 2002 and May 31, 2003. So you do not have any 2001 points available to use for the May 2002 stay (which falls within your 2001 use year). Therefore, the only way to stay in May, 2002 using your own points is to borrow some of the 2002 points.

Remember that banked or borrowed points cannot be returned to their original use year. The points you borrowed for the May, 2002 reservation expire May 31, 2002. If you have to cancel your May reservation, you may end up losing those points.

Best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter