Is there usually this much of a price increase each year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamporch

Mouseketeer
I was hoping to do a anniversary cruise with my husband next Feb. Fantasy SWDAS. If I am looking at past threads/price trackers and the new thread for opening day prices it seems to be almost $1000 increase for 2 adults.

For example the Feb Eastern cruise over Valentines day. Last year for 2 adults category 9D started at $3150. This year it looks like it is about $3800 and that is with OBB.

I knew prices went up each year but I wasn't expecting that.

I was originally going to book the Feb one and see what Alaska prices looked like and compare but that way this is looking I will be lucky if I can even get the Feb cruise to work out.

I was hoping to do a anniversary cruise with my husband next Feb. Fantasy SWDAS. If I am looking at past threads/price trackers and the new thread for opening day prices it seems to be almost $1000 increase for 2 adults.

For example the Feb Eastern cruise over Valentines day. Last year for 2 adults category 9D started at $3150. This year it looks like it is about $3800 and that is with OBB.

I was originally going to book the Feb one and see what Alaska prices looked like and compare but that way this is looking I will be lucky if I can even get the Feb cruise to work out.
Totally agree with yoU. DCL prices are getting ridiculous. A four day Dream Bahamian Cruise is $3000 for 3 people in feb, which is supposed to be the slow season. In 2013 I paid $1400 for it. Disney is going to price themselves out of clients. Greedy greedy greedy.

Totally agree with yoU. DCL prices are getting ridiculous. A four day Dream Bahamian Cruise is $3000 for 3 people in feb, which is supposed to be the slow season. In 2013 I paid $1400 for it. Disney is going to price themselves out of clients. Greedy greedy greedy.
This is said every year as prices have steadily gone up the last number of years but the demand for cruises on DCL is still high. I am not sure of the exact percentages but their boats are nearly full if not full on most every cruise so price doesn't seem to be deterring everyone.

Demand is high, so prices follow. If a cruise isn't selling well, DCL will do the *GT/MTO/FLR rates closer to sailing (see upcoming sailings out of NYC).

I have read the threads in the past about the price increases, and I was prepared for one...just not quite so much.

This is what I paid for 2 adults and 2 kids in a cat 5C in January 2014

Now that we have done 3 cruises with DCL and 4th scheduled in December, we will have done just about all of the "must do" items. So now we will hold out for last minute military discounts. The cruise we are on now, we could have saved $800 if we would have just waited for the discount. We are wanting to do the Magic at some point since we have done the other 3 but these prices are getting insane.

There's a reason our last 2 cruises were on Celebrity :) Of course we're also doing the MDAS out of NYC in 2 weeks....

Jim

$3800 - $3150 = $650, which is not almost $1000. DCL is an expensive cruise line, you can probably get a lower rate with Carnival or Norwegian.

$3800 - $3150 = $650, which is not almost $1000. DCL is an expensive cruise line, you can probably get a lower rate with Carnival or Norwegian.

If you add the on board credit back in, it's probably close to the $1,000.

Correct the $3800 I believe was after the OBB. I know other lines would be cheaper. We are specifically wanting the Star Wars Cruise. And I already anticipated what most people are saying in response. I guess it was just a vent. I was hoping for only a slight increase from this past year. I guess I will wait and see what prices are for sure when I can book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter