Is there something in strawberry margaritas that would cause insomnia?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
Last weekend I had one or two (or maybe it was three ;) ) and then I couldn't sleep all night. I wondered if it was something about it being the strawberry kind that kept me awake b/c I never had that happen with the lime kind. I hadn't had a margarita in a very long time but I know they never kept me awake before! Is there caffiene in the strawberry ones?:confused:

I always have the strawberry margaritas (with tequila) and have never had a problem falling asleep. Shouldn't be any caffeine in it so I dont know.

I don't know, but I would be glad to be part of a clinical trial to test the caffienne level of strawberry margaritas! :D Somebody start mixing!

I've never even heard of strawberry margaritas. Sounds very good! :)

Strawberry Margharitas are the best. I love them. I always have trouble sleeping after drinking alcohol. I will fall asleep then wake up 2 hours later and be up for hours. It's very frustrating.

can have that effect on you. You said you hadn't had one in a while so it's possible that your body chemistry has changed a little since your last one, and now you are kept awake by it rather than getting drowsy.
Just like OTC cold medicines; most people take them to fall asleep, yet I take them and I'm bouncing off the walls.

:bounce:

yep, alcohol....it can do a number on you.

I had a huge, delicious strawberry daqueri at TGIFridays last night, and I slept like a baby!

What's the difference between a daqueri and a marguerita?

I think a daquari is made with rum, and a margarita is made with tequila.

Thanks Denise! I guess I should know what I'm drinking, huh? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter