Is there really no August 2013 thread yet?

Are you getting the automatic email response? I sent a couple of requests and didn't get that. Then I realized there were fields I hadn't filled out - you have to look really hard for the message saying you didn't fill out everything. Once I did that, I got an automated "we got your request and it will be filled soon" type email. Then, I got my quote within hours. (Sadly, it doesn't work for me, but it was worth a shot!)

Got the automatic email both times but still no quote.

I got quotes from Holly at ***. She was very helpful and responsive and addressed a lot of my questions. For us, their offer was only slightly less than what we have booked already (with the current GP promo) and we were told by Disney dining that we *may* lose some ADRs if we cancel the resort reservation because they are linked in their system.

Pop was the same as WDW special, at ***. AllSt Sports was $425 less than WDW. And POR was $152 more...but includes DQ or Waterpark...

I got quotes from Holly at ***. She was very helpful and responsive and addressed a lot of my questions. For us, their offer was only slightly less than what we have booked already (with the current GP promo) and we were told by Disney dining that we *may* lose some ADRs if we cancel the resort reservation because they are linked in their system.

The Disney CM you spoke with is wrong - just another case of CM's not knowing what the heck they are talking about. Resort and dining may be "linked", but you are issued separate confirmation numbers for all of your dining reservations. You could cancel your Disney resort and end up staying offsite, if you wanted to, and your dining reservations would remain as you made them. Disney would be crazy to make all of your dining reservations contingent on your resort reservation. Could you imagine if someone wanted to upgrade from ASMu to, say, GF CL and they said you would lose your ADR's if you did it? People make their ADR's at the 180 day mark and then switch resorts all of the time - there are numerous threads on this board dedicated to resort changers, but they don't lose their ADR's! It simply doesn't happen. In fact, I have 8 nights reserved at BC in late August now and will most likely end up doing a split stay BC/CR. When I switch, it won't affect my ADR's in any way, shape or form! Canceling a resort reservation does not cancel out dining reservations, period! Disney TRAIN your CM's! :crazy2:

I got 5 nights 6 days w base tixs n QS dining for 2 adults n 1 6 year old for $1772 @ pop standard vroom..is this a good deal??

Oh sry..aug 25/30 thru my TA..I was going for free dining but nope! Lol

The room cost is apprx 720 for 6 nights reg price and tix prob apprx 278 or so each for adult a lil less for child , dining plan per adult is 40 per day 240 per adult child I believe is 14 or 15 now per day. A few hundred saved is better than none :)

For all of you that booked the *** August deal at BC...did you get ME tags in mail? Our trip is 26 days away and still no ME tags. Just wondering!

I have a room only for 8/31-9/2 and a package 9/2-9/7. Got my room only paperwork last week and my package stuff today. Staying BC.

ETA -booked right with Disney travel.

We booked with *** as well with a check in date of 8/25-8/31. Our TA said approx 2 weeks before our trip I would receive them. Fingers crossed.

With 24 days to go, I checked with Magical Express and they confirmed our Bag Tags were sent out on July 15th to ***. It's July 29th so I contacted my *** TA and she said they hadn't received them yet. We're in Canada so it's going to take *** longer to get them here. We'll be cutting it close....:worried:

I just got mine on Saturday but I have not received any other paperwork yet.

I must say it seems MTV is slow with their paperwork I had to keep on top of my agent to make sure I got my ME added to my ressie. I emailed her when I made my final payment that I wanted an invoice. The first email she sent me had my DD age wrong and it took at least a week for a correct one. I never got any info about the magic bands from them but I found it on the Disney website myself and they have been delivered already. Last week I got an email saying she had my ME doc and they are on there way to me soon. I am curious to see what comes. I leave in 18 days. I believe the stuff first gets mailed to a PO box of the MTV owner, then to the specific agent and then finally to us. I really like booking the trip by myself but the deal was too god to pass up.

Also *** here. Me tags and book came at about 28 days. Nothing else except emailed receipts. We are now 19 days out. Not sure if I'm to be expecting anything else or not. It's all there on mde and I printed out my emails so not really too concerned.

We got our ME tags Friday. That was 21 days before our arrival. Our *** agent has also been a bit slow.

We got our Magical Express stuff a little over a week ago (we leave 8/24) and I just asked our TA (we booked that MTV deal too) and she said there is nothing else - the group rate bookings don't send out the Disney packet like you'd get with a MYW package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter