• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there any use in registering more than one person with the same DAS needs?

pnutbutrsangwich

Earning My Ears
My twin daughters are autistic and we registered one of them for a DAS pass when we last went to WDW during the summer of 2022. Although both have approximately the same needs for accommodation, I did not think it would be necessary to register them both since we were planning on keeping my party of 5 together at all times while touring the park.

Now, we're planning a trip this summer with a larger group than usual, my 5 plus my 2 parents. I know that typically, the limit for an accompanying group with the DAS user is 5 for a total of 6, so obviously I have a small problem with this group of 7.

I'm wondering if the best way to mitigate the problem is to register both of my kids in the DAS system, and link the other 5 people to both of them, or if I should just try and talk to someone about expanding the accompanying group to 7 total. And if that is the case, can that be done in advance on a video call? Or would I need to talk to someone in-person as guest services in the park? And if so, would I need to do that each day of my trip?

Also, I have found conflicting info on this, but do I need to go through the whole pre-registration process with my daughter who was already registered in 2022? Or is her info like already in the system and only needs some kind of refresh? (I'm wording this poorly, but I think it makes sense).

I doubt your party would get an exception to expand to 7 to include grandparents; exceptions are typically for a nuclear family (i.e., parents + 5 kids). All of you can be linked but only 6 (DAS-holder + 5) could get a Return Time. Both would need to be registered for DAS to get DAS Return Times for all 7. Another option is to buy Genie+ and/or ILL$ for some attractions.

DAS pre-registration is not required for anybody. It can be done at the park. DAS only remains valid for 60 days and then the individual must re-register -- that can be done in advance via video call or in-person once you arrive. Be prepared to again explain her needs.

Thanks for the information! Since I am taking care of my parents on this trip, paying for their hotel (potentially having everyone in the same villa), etc, I had assumed that they would be sort of viewed as part of my family, but I can understand how that might not work with this system.

Also, much appreciated on the clarification for the pre-registration. Very clear.

Thanks for the information! Since I am taking care of my parents on this trip, paying for their hotel (potentially having everyone in the same villa), etc, I had assumed that they would be sort of viewed as part of my family, but I can understand how that might not work with this system.

Also, much appreciated on the clarification for the pre-registration. Very clear.
one thing to think about is if both girls have a DAS your family not counting grandparents can not just use one of DASs. each girl will need a return time all the time which can be a pain. also each girl and her group would have to check in as a group. girls will not be able to scan together then rest of group which be a problem depending on your girls.

one thing to think about is if both girls have a DAS your family not counting grandparents can not just use one of DASs. each girl will need a return time all the time which can be a pain. also each girl and her group would have to check in as a group. girls will not be able to scan together then rest of group which be a problem depending on your girls.

Yeah I can see this being a headache... and even more time with my nose to my phone!

I have 2 daughters that have DAS. one is autistic, on has POTS. it is not as hard as everyone makes It out to be. You can't predict meltdowns or blood pressure problems. Thus we have them separated at times, we do have a large travel party. You return times may not always be the same, but will overlap you can all ride together.

I've done a group of 8 with 4 DAS holders. Splitting up, getting back together, etc. If everyone is linked and more than one person has and knows how to use the app, it's not that hard. The app makes it pretty easy, IMHO. I'm of the opinion that more is better than not enough, just in case life happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter