Is "Race through New York with Jimmy Fallon" a must do?

Diane, I will be there 11/13. As it gets closer, let me know if she's working that day. I would love to introduce the Katie's!!

Well, I have a slightly different take on it. My dd works this attraction. So, I really, really wanted to love it. The first time we did it, she was with us, and she wasn't happy. Seems that the powers that be decided to change the entry proceedure, which meant that there was a very long, very crowded wait. She said it should have been a lot faster and more organized. Okay. The second time I did it, she was working, so my friend and I did it without her. But, the line moved much more quickly, and the area with all the stuff from years gone by was much less crowded, so we could stop and look at stuff, and listen to some of the shorts. The preshow area was much better this time too. But, I still don't think it's an attraction that I'll have to do over and over. The ride itself was 'cute' but nothing special.
remember also that you don't need to ride as soon as your color is called, you can stay and enjoy the waiting room and Ragtime Gals for as long as you want and then ride whenever your color is called.
My son sings with the Ragtime Gals and I stayed there recording their sets for 2 hours, after that, I just left without riding cause I had done it and it wasn't something I needed to do again

Diane, I will be there 11/13. As it gets closer, let me know if she's working that day. I would love to introduce the Katie's!!
Will do...she's now working two jobs!!! I'll let you know when you get closer.

remember also that you don't need to ride as soon as your color is called, you can stay and enjoy the waiting room and Ragtime Gals for as long as you want and then ride whenever your color is called.
My son sings with the Ragtime Gals and I stayed there recording their sets for 2 hours, after that, I just left without riding cause I had done it and it wasn't something I needed to do again
The first time, when with Kate, we got a regular old red card. But, when she was working, her coworker gave us a black card!!! Nice!!! I'm with you....I much prefer the preshow acts. Love the Ragtime Gals!!! They're all terrific!!!!

I’m in the never again group. I’ve never watched the Tonight Show. If you’re expecting to see much of NYC, you’ll be dissapointed. I actually preferred Twister- at least there was a flying cow. :) But with the return time system, it doesn’t take hours to experience, so it’s worth trying once.

We ended up missing it because we were too late to sign up for the virtual line and were told we could wait and it could be either 10 minutes or 4 hours!! Very disappointed and i hate this virtual line thing.

When you sign in/up, are you given a choice of times or just automatically assigned one?

I thought it was a really neat ride, despite not really knowing very much about the show.

For what it's worth, express pass isn't really that much of a benefit on this ride, in terms of saving you a wait. What it does is save you from having to make a reservation and then come back at your appointed time. But in terms of the wait time for the ride, it's pretty much the same. It took us about an hour, from going in to leaving. They do a nice job of disguising it so it doesn't feel like a line but it's still a pretty long wait to ride.

I am a one and done person for this ride.

Went Saturday at 10:30
Sat in upstairs room 30 minutes and then on the ride

Did not have virtual ticket

I thought it was a really neat ride, despite not really knowing very much about the show.

For what it's worth, express pass isn't really that much of a benefit on this ride, in terms of saving you a wait. What it does is save you from having to make a reservation and then come back at your appointed time. But in terms of the wait time for the ride, it's pretty much the same. It took us about an hour, from going in to leaving. They do a nice job of disguising it so it doesn't feel like a line but it's still a pretty long wait to ride.

Not for us.

We walked straight in with EP, took 2 pictures and straight in, no waiting around at all........it was quick.

I am a one and done person for this ride.

Went Saturday at 10:30
Sat in upstairs room 30 minutes and then on the ride

Did not have virtual ticket

I wondered what you'd think of the ride.............shame isn't it, they could have done something else so much better with the space they had there.

Just like I said, one and done

The actual ride is what I am referring to

Fallon chatters constantly during the ride but you go past the sites so quickly it was a blur for me

I would catch an image and Fallon would start yaking about another NY site
With him yakking the entire time, realized the ride was focused on him
and not New York sites

Too quick for me and did not process it

I'm sure if I rode this road many times i could get a more of passing glimpses

My guess this ride will stay around for a long time
It will have its followers

Not for us.

We walked straight in with EP, took 2 pictures and straight in, no waiting around at all........it was quick.

Were you permitted to skip the other people waiting or was it just not particularly crowded?

All that our express pass permitted us to do was enter without a return time. When we entered, we were given a color card with all of the other people who were entering because it was their designated return time. They held us in a holding area, and we got to move up each time a new "color" was called. We eventually moved upstairs and then our color was called after a while. There are six colors and we were required to wait through each of the six colors to ride -- about 50 minutes in all. If express pass had made it so that we were permitted to go to the color line that was next to ride that would have been great, but it wasn't -- we had to wait through all 6.

This is new to me. How would everyone rate it? Is it a simulation ride or a roller coaster? We wil likely be there for 1.5 days but will spend quite a bit of time at the HP areas.

I'm a Jay Leno & Jimmy Kimmel fan and can't watch more than 5 seconds of Fallon's show but its a fun attraction and fits his kidzy personality perfectly. Cute and fun so I did it twice.

Its a fun simulator ride but what makes it a must do is the unique waiting area with all the entertainment.

Were you permitted to skip the other people waiting or was it just not particularly crowded?

All that our express pass permitted us to do was enter without a return time. When we entered, we were given a color card with all of the other people who were entering because it was their designated return time. They held us in a holding area, and we got to move up each time a new "color" was called. We eventually moved upstairs and then our color was called after a while. There are six colors and we were required to wait through each of the six colors to ride -- about 50 minutes in all. If express pass had made it so that we were permitted to go to the color line that was next to ride that would have been great, but it wasn't -- we had to wait through all 6.

Straight in.

When we used the express pass line, we had to wait until our color card was called...and it was crazy crowded. Evidently, that day they decided to use just one theater, so it bogged everything down. And now, since it's slow in the parks, they've gone back to one theater again..which causes huge waits!!!
The only time you can go with any color group you want is is you get a 'black card'...and those aren't given out to the 'general public'.

I had planned on this about 8:30am (early opening at 7 which we will take advantage of). Now wondering if it could be a complete time suck. May be better if we wait until PM?

(Staying onsite so we have EP)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter