• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it possible to walk??

CGEEKESS

Earning My Ears
Hello:
We have never been to Fort Wilderness before and I was wondering if it is feasible to plan on solely walking around the campground (to marina, trading posts, etc.). We are flying down so we won't have a vehicle or bikes and rentals seem kind of expensive for a week. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:D :) :smooth:

I don't foresee any problems! :D With FW's bus system, all you'd need to do is head for the nearest bus stop and board the bus heading where you want to go! Once we set up, the van never moves during the week, and we don't bring bikes or rent a golf cart. I usually like a preferred loop, which is closer to the marina (front) but my sister stayed in the very last cabin loop (other end!) and she didn't need anything either! :D

Depending on where your campsite is, walking may be the way to go or the most tiring experience of your life. If your site is far away, I would go with the bus system.

:)

how often do the FW busses make their stops or what is your average wait time?

If memory serves me, the buses run every 15 minutes or so. We never had a wait time of more than 10 minutes. :) Neither my family or my sisters, in a total of 5 trips, never had any problems with the buses! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter