Is everything normal in your neck of the woods?

Governor of Ohio just closed all schools in the state of Ohio for the next 3 week.
Just saw that! I am lucky that I can bring my daughter to the office with me. Just talked to my sister. I am going to keep my neice while she works (she is a supervisor in a factory). We were trying to look on the bright side of things around here, and jokingly said that since all of us here in the office were bringing in our kids we could just start a day care.

Boston suburb...our governor declared a state of emergency a few days ago, and since then things have started to escalate (although local public health officials have been ringing the bell for a while).

Obviously the # of cases is going up around here, although still very difficult to get tested. Just about all of my children's activities/tournaments/events have been canceled. I just received a call/email regarding a technology survey for remote learning. The District said that they're waiting on the state for guidance, but I suspect schools will be closed soon. Now needing to more manage my kids' increased anxiety, now that all of their "normal" routines are changing. I'm just being clear, straightforward but re-assuring, emphasizing good hygiene practices, social distancing, etc. Not panic but information and preparation...

I just heard there is a family in my small town that is symptomatic, the parent attended Biogen conference and they recently returned from a hot spot in I believe Italy, no self-quarantine so kids attending school while possibly symptomatic. There's also a student at my sister's school (teacher) waiting on test results.

So, I did some re-stocking this week of supplies, OTC meds, cleaning products and the like. Definitely picked over but still some availability. My son has asthma (underlying condition) so my main concern is that my pediatrician's office does not appear to have the ability to get a child tested at their discretion - still a lot of red tape. I'm going to call the office now to see if I can get additional supply of his prescription meds. There is the concern that it may stress the health care systems so trying to be pro-active in terms of managing any mild-symptoms at home and such.

My daughter just asked me if we're still going to WDW in April...I'm guessing no but keeping hope alive, I suppose...

Boston suburb too....my local Walmart was mobbed- be lucky if I don't catch a plague just from being in there. No toilet paper to be found anywhere. My kids still have school as of now. I saw that the Acquarium in Boston and the Museum of Science closed and they postponed the Boston Marathon.

All Maryland schools are closed for 2 weeks starting Monday. All state employees are to telework if they have the capability. The National guard has been activated. My boyfriends employer has said to work remotely indefinitely. I think mine will give that directive tomorrow, for at least 2 weeks.

no TP at my local grocery store. (I needed creamer so I had to stop.). And Sams club is limiting to 2 cases of water.

Things are NOT normal here

Boston suburb too....my local Walmart was mobbed- be lucky if I don't catch a plague just from being in there. No toilet paper to be found anywhere. My kids still have school as of now. I saw that the Acquarium in Boston and the Museum of Science closed and they postponed the Boston Marathon.

I was posting about our school closure as you posted...teachers still need to go tomorrow. I suspect they are putting distance learning in place with the teachers and we'll get more info tomorrow. I just heard Everett is closed for a month but not sure...I hadn't heard about the museums or the Marathon, but I kind of figured with the Marathon. Sorry about the no TP!

Illinois governor is banning/cancelling events of over 1000 people in Illinois until May 1st. Urged cancellation of gatherings of 250 people or more.

He is asking all that can work from home to do so (giggity giggity)

Just got an email from the school saying all Toronto schools will close for an additional 2 weeks after March Break for 3 weeks total.

Just saw that! I am lucky that I can bring my daughter to the office with me. Just talked to my sister. I am going to keep my neice while she works (she is a supervisor in a factory). We were trying to look on the bright side of things around here, and jokingly said that since all of us here in the office were bringing in our kids we could just start a day care.

I am lucky that my DH normally works from home. My work is not allowing anyone in the office that normally does not come to the office. This includes kids. We are going to working 2 days from home but I expect that to change. After this announcement things hit the fan and staff was all pushing for work from home full time. I was staying very calm and calming others until this afternoon.

Colorado here - only a few cases. However, I work in a school. We were called in for a "special" meeting after school. Our spring break begins next week. The district has extended the break for 2 weeks. "In hopes of decreasing the social contact between adults and children" (in other words we can't trust parents to keep sick kids home) *truth!*

Greater Atlanta suburb

Schools closed tomorrow, update to follow. I'm going to guess that they are going to close until after Spring Break which would be April 13.

NASCAR is in Atlanta this weekend. They are not going to have fans there. The Atlanta Motor Speedway is drinking some heavy Kool-Aid this evening because they essentially cancelled tickets but are offering a "future credit" to use at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. Yeah, good luck with cancelling the event and then keeping people's money.

Not even closs Disney just closed
Canceling a well visit so I can get my tape done before gym attendance gets to low
And last stock pilling just in case

Nothing is normal here in North Georgia. This is the most abnormal time I have ever experienced in my life. Never thought I would see this level of shut-down. It’s like an international snow day (or snow month).

Things have definitely shifted in my area. No more TP on the shelves and at the butcher today it took thirty minutes in line from everyone bulk buying freezer meat. Schools are going to be shutting down for weeks but I don't know anyone with kids in my personal life. I work Saturday and Sunday so we'll see how that goes.

2 people have been diagnosed in the city in which I work, which is quite small and a very big tourist area.

I bought 2 packages of toilet paper (like legit needed ) and there were 3 left from what was on the shelves. It looked like how it looks when there a threat for a hurricane or that 4 letter word snow.

I was able to get antibacterial soap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter