is CRT worth 2 credits

TandCmum

Mouseketeer
I really fancy doing CRT lunch on our trip next year but not sure if i should pay OOP for it and use the credits elsewhere. To me the cost doesn't justify 2 TS when you could do another signature like california grill or yachtman steakhouse.Of course this is all just theoretical until we know if disney are doing the DDP for 2007 (i'm sure they will do though)

TO me, it isn't worth 2 TS. I think that was a way of doing crowd control.

Basically, a TS is worth about $35 for an adult. The cheapest meals at WDW are the character deals--cost is $28 + tax + tip, which comes to about $34-35. Thus, if a 2 TS meal isn't costing about $70, you're probably not getting your best value for your credits. If you will use the credits otherwise, this is a good one to pay OOP.

We did CRT last year when it was one credit. I wouldn't do it for 2 credits. DS really wanted to go again this year because he liked the food, but I can't justify using 2 credits on it this time.

We personally didn't think it was worth the 1 credit we used on our last visit in late Jan of 06. Definitely go OOP or skip it unless eating in the castle is worth to you despite sub-par food and service for the cost.

Yvonne

We went for dinner for 2 credits so some of this wont be relevant to lunch but I'll share.. I had been warned of what to expect for the 'show' and so I wasnt that disappointed. It was my dd's birthday only reason we werent disappointed she thought it was the best thing in the world. I would never never do it again and probably not even for one credit. I couldnt have cared less about the photo op.....we enjoyed 1900 park fare's true interaction better than the rush 'em up, snap a pick next kid please. I know my photography isnt as good but she looks happier in it. I think it really sucks that everyone pays the same way too high price because it includes picks with cindy but you only get one package. I really really would have liked a family pic. and one of the birthday girl alone. and beyond that there was no interaction. ( I knew that going in and lunch is a different story). But with all the warning and knowing what to expect .... I was still expecting a lot in the way of the food. I thought this is the castle the primiere place fancy hard to get in. We like simple food and it was simple enough, but honestly we liked the food at 1900 and Crystal palace more and the fact that there were more choices. My son wouldnt even eat what he had. We had prime rib and we both though it wasnt very good...not bad but not GOOD ...and not near as good as the carved meats we had at Crystal palace Dinner. And looking at it for value per credit as stated before it isnt anywhere near what you are actually paying for those credits. Of course I dont really look at it that way when I make my adrs unless I cant decide between two places.

We are doing the dinner at CRT in August and we paid OOP for it. I figured out the basic costs of all our meals, and even counting 1TS meals there was 1 meal that was cheaper then this meal for us. So we decided it was just easier to pay for it and use the 2TS on a different meal.

I've been going back and forth on this too. I know its not a good value but since the dining is free i'm not so worried about getting my monies worth.

I'd like to pay OOP for mine and then use 2 TS for my DD. Not trying to open the debate as I'm not trying to use child credits later for my adult meal! I thought I could use my adult credit for DD a child's meal later. However I'll probably just pay OOP for both. I've talked to 3 different CMs and all said I could pay there if I decided to do that.

I think value wise no its not worth it however I'm going for that special memory for my DD and that is priceless.

not worth 2 credits. We ate there several times last year when it was 1 credit for dinner when they had a regular menu type meal. We have no intentions of going back since the change in Feb. 2006.

In my opinion, it wasn't even worth the one credit we used last year. CRT was the worst meal we had at Disney - mediocre food, rushed service, just toom many people stuffed into one place. We did it because it was DD5's first time at Disney, and she is really into the Princess scene. If you're eating at CRT for the princesses, try the Princess Storybook Breakfast at the Norway pavilion in Epcot instead - just as many Princesses, much better food and atmosphere. Living in Scotland, you must be able to eat at real castles - no need to waste a good meal at a phoney castle stateside!

DD6 and I are eating here July 24, I am on the dining plan, but have already paid OOP for this meal. 63 bucks for one adult and one child! WOW! But, I knoe she will love it, but I didn't want to waste two dining credits for each of us. She already has her princess dress!!

One credit maybe, two credits...no way. This spot was better before it "turned princess" for dinner and lunch. Now the food offerings aren't so great and the price increased.

DCDisney said:
We personally didn't think it was worth the 1 credit we used on our last visit in late Jan of 06. Definitely go OOP or skip it unless eating in the castle is worth to you despite sub-par food and service for the cost.

Yvonne
My thoughts exactly. You're really paying 2 TS credits for a 30-second photo op with the great woman. 1900 Park Fare at GF is one TS, offers MUCH better food, much better service, and much better interaction with Cindy and the other characters.

I didn't even know it was 2 TS, I don't think that would be worth it...

Is this the same thing as Cinderella's Breakfast??? For that we only used 1 TS and I DID think that was worth it.... (In October 2005)

If it is 2 TS, maybe just pay for it out of pocket instead..... You can always use your TS else where......

Which ever you choose, have fun.....

Thanks everyone

I'm not sure we will bother at all with eating here. DD will still only be 3 so won't be fussed about it if we don't go. i think we will do CP for our breakfast in the MK and then do 1900 park fayre dinner for our cinderella meet.

Is CRT dinner the best value on DDP? No. Is it worth it if you want to eat there? We would argue yes.

We have eaten in the Castle every trip for the past 5+ years. We enjoy the theme AND, of course, the prime rib. :)

While we don't disagree with what most people have written about CRT, we do have a different perspective. Many people on this board have focused a lot on value. There is nothing wrong with that. But an alternative way of looking at this question is that our family still at least "breaks even" (even at 2 TS credits) using DDP to eat at CRT.

Let me explain: Since we typically spend about $11 for counter service and $4 for the snack, that leaves us needing to spend about $25 to "break even" for the Table Service Credit. So the cost for 2 TS needs to be about $50 to break even. Since CRT is $40 plus tax and tip, that almost equals $50 exactly.

Of course, it is a MUCH better value for the kids due to their even cheaper cost of DDP and high cash cost at CRT.

I'm not disagreeing with any of the reviews, but only to suggest that if you use a different analysis (i.e. the "break even" view v. the "value" view), you can definitely justify eating at CRT using DDP credits. :banana:

I have to say that my family really enjoys eating at the castle. We ate dinner there last year and everyone really enjoyed it. We have already made our ADRs for this year's trip as well! Is it the best value for our 8 TS credits - no. But is it a special treat that the whole family enjoys - YES!

BTW, I'm the only girl in the party. Otherwise it is me, DH, and DSs (4 & 6)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter