Is anything selling?

There's so much wrong here, it seems like you just don't know what you are talking about.

Fidelity doesn't "underprice" contracts. They are well above ROFR most of the time, and they've even been above board sponsor, who I guess you think is "overpricing" contracts? Fidelity doesn't play a lot of the offer, counteroffer, time waste games. They list at what I consider market, and they have the broker fee, which I think can be a good thing in these transactions, especially as contracts get cheaper.

It's not "illegal" to give "kick backs." What are you talking about? Of course all of these companies work with each other or don't because of their financial agreements.

And "get what you pay for" huh? Title companies are awfully close to each other on pricing, I think it was maybe 50$ on my last contract. Points are points. I've paid for points at three brokers, and I'd do it privately, like on Facebook, as long as I had a good title company. Paying more for points does not make you better than others. Or, if you think it does, just buy direct.

As a seller, you have a lot of options, that's not a bad thing.
1. If you are going to be aggressive and rude, at least be correct and know what you are talking about ( instead of telling someone else "it just doesn't seem like they know what they are talking about"). Kickbacks are completely ILLEGAL, so I suggest you educate yourself before coming at someone and spreading false info. If you find any agecenies that are- report them.
https://www.nar.realtor/ae/manage-your-association/association-policy/following-respa-rules

2. ROFR doesn't equate market price

3. When I said "you get what you pay for" I wasn't referring to the title company, I was referring to the brokerage you choose. It's almost like you are affilitated with Fidelity.

4. I never said paying more for points makes me better than others, that is just an agrumentitive, childish comment, huh?

5. The only thing here I can agree on is your statement about sellers having lots of options being a good thing- same goes for buyers.

Lastly, to put this ridiclous post to bed ( at least for me). I'd like to remind everyone harping on Fidelity's market share, that the context in which I mentioned Fidelity was in repsonse to a poster saying they base market value on Fiedlitys sales- it is not an accurate way of gauging the market- that's all. So you can stop trying to twist and change what I was saying- along with the other one who misquoted me and glossed right over it.

I would also bet any amount that Fidelity has higher gross annual sales than DVC Resale because they sell many other timeshares, so size is relative.
Fidelity selling other timeshares is most definitely not relative, we are discussing DVC only

They are not a realty company selling your home and trying to maximize your "profit".
Except they ARE a reality company and I am certain they don't tell the potential sellers that they "are not trying to maximize their profits", they aren't a wholesaler

Fidelity helps people sell their timeshares because they don't want them anymore
This is litterally the purpose of all Resale Companies.

1. If you are going to be aggressive and rude, at least be correct and know what you are talking about ( instead of telling someone else "it just doesn't seem like they know what they are talking about"). Kickbacks are completely ILLEGAL, so I suggest you educate yourself before coming at someone and spreading false info. If you find any agecenies that are- report them.
https://www.nar.realtor/ae/manage-your-association/association-policy/following-respa-rules
RESPA applies to closings with federal loans - not timeshares.

We probably don’t want to think about the tricks timeshares use to make their profit.
The biggest competition for trying to win a DVC foreclosure is Disney .
According to this article Disney might own Palm Financial to legally and quickly control foreclosures. Maybe Disney wants to keep the publicity controllable to protect their image.

im pretty sure another reseller is able to make an immediate offer to buy your points and they have many different corporate names to list on contract . Disney limits the amount of points an individual can own…
So they play this trick legally.

54C3327B-5FAA-4156-93A9-E44A046826A2.png

Last edited:
Kickbacks are completely ILLEGAL, so I suggest you educate yourself before coming at someone and spreading false info. If you find any agecenies that are- report them.
LOL, you're calling me "aggressive and rude" while slinging around that you think all of these companies are doing illegal things with zero proof?

You're the one who shorthanding their business into what you called "kickbacks," and now you are backtracking by redefining your words what you consider to be a very narrow, illegal practice in federal loans (huh?). Those were your words, not mine. If this is your concern, you're going to have a lot of fun when you get into the books of the timeshare.

I mean this kindly, you don't seem to have a lot of knowledge about how this works, and you are using words you don't understand. If you're going to accuse people of doing crimes or "underpricing" an asset, then back it up. This is math.

Last edited:
We probably don’t want to think about the tricks timeshares use to make their profit.
According to this article Disney might own Palm Financial to legally and quickly control foreclosures. Maybe Disney wants to keep the publicity controllable to protect their image.

im pretty sure another reseller is able to make an immediate offer to buy your points and they have many different corporate names to list on contract . Disney limits the amount of points an individual can own…
So they play this trick legally.

View attachment 739334
Who is "vacationownershipconsultants.com"?

And how does "legally canceling the contract" work? I had no idea there was a way to cancel an unwanted contract, for a timeshare or anything else (other than the rescission period after purchase).

There are a lot of posts here about foreclosures, including people who have bought them. This was a thing a few years ago. Tons of math which made it awfully close to just buying resale. Disney does buy most of them, and sets the market, not unlike ROFR. I don't really view that as a bad thing. It's not like it's a worthless timeshare like some other ones.

Now, when the resale restrictions come into play, this starts to look slimier, as Disney can repackage and sell them as new. That used to be one of the differences in DVC vs every other timeshare. But, it's looking really timeshare-y around here lately...

If buying a timeshare foreclosure is anything like buying a real estate foreclosure you better know what you are doing or else you might buy a financial headache
Yes, those threads were wild. IIRC only Disney knows the real point count?

There are other companies that do this professionally as well, they buy at the auctions also. I think I rented from one of them once, actually.

And how does "legally canceling the contract" work? I had no idea there was a way to cancel an unwanted contract, for a timeshare or anything else (other than the rescission period after purchase).
I know of no legitimate way to cancel. The link probably takes you to a company using the Viking ship strategy, but I believe Floriday passed a law to make it much harder to use this method of unloading timeshares.

I know of no legitimate way to cancel. The link probably takes you to a company using the Viking ship strategy, but I believe Floriday passed a law to make it much harder to use this method of unloading timeshares.
Yes, or they might be one of the companies that asks for an up-front fee for them to do what you can do yourself, or for them to list it for sale at an unreasonably high price on a website that no one ever sees. IOW, I don't think they offer reliable information.

To " legally" cancel a contract you have to prove the "seller" engaged in deceptive sales/advertising practices or that the contract you signed is invalid (contains unenforceable/illegal clauses, language etc.) This is typically a huge hurdle to overcome, since these companies have been in business for years and know the "ropes".

I don't think this is the bottom.
People's COVID stimulus money will be further exhausted.
Furthermore was talking to my wife just this morning and we agreed: the idea of buying points and paying the same dues on them as a direct purchase (forever and ever), and to be locked out of every new and future resorts, check mate by Disney. All it will take is a look at promotional materials for the new Poly tower, reflections, one day possibly yacht club, to make us really regret saving a few thousand dollars upfront via a resale purchase .

Touche, disney
DVC wouldnt be able to print contracts quick enough for demand if they sell the Yacht Club Villas

DVC wouldnt be able to print contracts quick enough for demand if they sell the Yacht Club Villas
Yes they would, if the price was $300+pp with a crazy high points chart. That is PRIME real estate and they would push their limits to the max because people would buy like crazy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter