Is anyone there right now? If so, how are y’all surviving the heat? We arrive Sunday and I’m worried.

I commend you for trying. I stepped outside into the SHADE for about 3 seconds to retrieve an Amazon package on my porch and was like "NOPE!"

I feel for the people parked on level 6 of the structure today.
We mostly came to get some gifts for my niece. Mission accomplished and my son even decided to be brave and ride Splash for the first time. But we are done, done, done. It’s way hotter than I was expecting!

Fortunately, at this moment there’s a bit of cloud cover blocking the sun so it’s not as bad as it was earlier, relatively speaking. The direct sun is its own problem apart from the actual temperature.

The LLs seem slammed after all the downtime this morning. Fortunately, they are flowing the LLs through pretty quickly in the lines I’ve been in, but that’s gonna be rough on people in the standby lines.

I commend you for trying. I stepped outside into the SHADE for about 3 seconds to retrieve an Amazon package on my porch and was like "NOPE!"

I feel for the people parked on level 6 of the structure today.
I was an unlucky one on six yesterday. The heat definitely feels worse today than yesterday. So glad to be home in a house with AC right now.

We are home after a somewhat brutal morning in the parks. We arrived before rope drop and left at 1pm. Please learn from my mistakes!

1. I assumed the crowds would be low, especially in the first few hours. Nope! It was much more crowded than I expected. It was kind of shocking how many people were there given the temperatures! We were only able to get on four rides due to the wait times and it being too hot for us to wait in outdoors queues.

2. I assumed the first few hours would be cooler (like 80s). Nope! It was 90 degrees at 7:30am and quickly soared to 100.

3. I thought we would be fine staying in stores and doing indoor things, but getting from place to place outside when it was 100+ was difficult. I wanted to do a few other things (like go to the GCH and a few more shops) but we couldn't take the heat anymore, we had to leave.

4. It was so hot we didn't feel hungry. I was doing good keeping us hydrated but we usually snack and we did not eat anything for five hours between 7am (breakfast) and noon. By the time we sat down to eat, we were both feeling really sick. I actually had a hard time eating because of it. I wish I would have gotten us a Dole Whip or something in between breakfast and lunch.

5. I saw so many miserable babies and toddlers, all red-faced and crying. It's really too hot for those littles right now. They can't regulate their body temperatures as well as we can.

We still had fun and my son even rode Splash Mountain for the first time! I'll never forget it! And when my son got a blister and started crying, this wonderful mom came over and helped me out, she was such a godsend!

Stay safe out there this weekend people. It felt dangerously hot today. If I would have known the realities I wouldn't have attempted what we did. A CM asked us where we were from and I said we were local and he said "Why are you HERE? It's way too hot!" He was right!

We were on a mission to bring some goodies to my niece with cancer and we accomplished out mission and cheered her up a bit today, so I'm still glad we went. But I won't go back again in these kinds of temperatures, not even in the morning.

We are home after a somewhat brutal morning in the parks. We arrived before rope drop and left at 1pm. Please learn from my mistakes!

1. I assumed the crowds would be low, especially in the first few hours. Nope! It was much more crowded than I expected. It was kind of shocking how many people were there given the temperatures! We were only able to get on four rides due to the wait times and it being too hot for us to wait in outdoors queues.

2. I assumed the first few hours would be cooler (like 80s). Nope! It was 90 degrees at 7:30am and quickly soared to 100.

3. I thought we would be fine staying in stores and doing indoor things, but getting from place to place outside when it was 100+ was difficult. I wanted to do a few other things (like go to the GCH and a few more shops) but we couldn't take the heat anymore, we had to leave.

4. It was so hot we didn't feel hungry. I was doing good keeping us hydrated but we usually snack and we did not eat anything for five hours between 7am (breakfast) and noon. By the time we sat down to eat, we were both feeling really sick. I actually had a hard time eating because of it. I wish I would have gotten us a Dole Whip or something in between breakfast and lunch.

5. I saw so many miserable babies and toddlers, all red-faced and crying. It's really too hot for those littles right now. They can't regulate their body temperatures as well as we can.

We still had fun and my son even rode Splash Mountain for the first time! I'll never forget it! And when my son got a blister and started crying, this wonderful mom came over and helped me out, she was such a godsend!

Stay safe out there this weekend people. It felt dangerously hot today. If I would have known the realities I wouldn't have attempted what we did. A CM asked us where we were from and I said we were local and he said "Why are you HERE? It's way too hot!" He was right!

We were on a mission to bring some goodies to my niece with cancer and we accomplished out mission and cheered her up a bit today, so I'm still glad we went. But I won't go back again in these kinds of temperatures, not even in the morning.
Wow, that sounds just terrible. I'm gld you managed to get gifts for your niece. That's great your son liked Splash! Great day for it :)

The excessive heat warning has been extended through Wednesday evening.
Yup. It does look like today was the worse day of the heat wave for most areas though. It’s suppose to be 10 degrees cooler at the high point where I live tomorrow.

Wow, that sounds really terrible. It's one of those live and learn type situations, isn't it? I had heat exhaustion once as a teen in WDW, and I will never forget how sick I felt and how quickly it happened. I will never put myself in that position again. It's not worth it. I draw the line at 90 degrees for a Disney park day.

There is this misconception that starting early in the day makes a heat wave like this doable, but it just isn't the case. It starts off hot and just gets hotter and hotter. Today would have been a perfect day to arrive late in the afternoon, at which point it had "cooled down" to the upper 80s. I was pretty surprised how drastically the temps dropped right around 2pm. It was a 20 degree difference from the high just a couple hours earlier.

I cannot believe people brought BABIES to Disneyland today. I'm sorry but that is just selfish and irresponsible parenting right there.

How exciting that your son rode Splash Mountain! That's such an awesome milestone!

I'm glad you found some things for your niece!

Wow, that sounds really terrible. It's one of those live and learn type situations, isn't it? I had heat exhaustion once as a teen in WDW, and I will never forget how sick I felt and how quickly it happened. I will never put myself in that position again. It's not worth it. I draw the line at 90 degrees for a Disney park day.

There is this misconception that starting early in the day makes a heat wave like this doable, but it just isn't the case. It starts off hot and just gets hotter and hotter. Today would have been a perfect day to arrive late in the afternoon, at which point it had "cooled down" to the upper 80s. I was pretty surprised how drastically the temps dropped right around 2pm. It was a 20 degree difference from the high just a couple hours earlier.

I cannot believe people brought BABIES to Disneyland today. I'm sorry but that is just selfish and irresponsible parenting right there.

How exciting that your son rode Splash Mountain! That's such an awesome milestone!

I'm glad you found some things for your niece!
Yes! I learned a lot yesterday! 90 is also our normal high end for the parks (and most anything else other than the beach!).

Yes! I learned a lot yesterday! 90 is also our normal high end for the parks (and most anything else other than the beach!).

I feel for those babies and toddlers. Omg.

We spent the day swimming at a hotel in Laguna Beach with friends, and it was like a completely different climate zone. Do that next heat wave!

I’m so glad you got all the gifts you wanted for your niece. You’re a great auntie!

I feel for those babies and toddlers. Omg.

We spent the day swimming at a hotel in Laguna Beach with friends, and it was like a completely different climate zone. Do that next heat wave!

I’m so glad you got all the gifts you wanted for your niece. You’re a great auntie!
It really cheered her up, so it made it all worth it! Poor sweetheart has been very down ever since she started treatment but hit a new low when her hair fell out last week. :(

We are headed to the beach today!

It really cheered her up, so it made it all worth it! Poor sweetheart has been very down ever since she started treatment but hit a new low when her hair fell out last week. :(

We are headed to the beach today!

I can’t even imagine… she and your entire family will be in our prayers.

Have a great time at the beach today!!!!

The comment was intended as tongue in cheek. That said, I don't particularly place much trust our CA agencies, electric companies or Anaheim politics these days?? :rolleyes1
My thought was that the particular A/C units in the building simply couldn’t keep up at those temps.

On the other hand, Great Moments with Abraham Lincoln was absolutely freezing (which was glorious!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter