Is anyone finding car rental fares still high?

We booked several months ago for our February trip, and DH loves to check rates all the time. Our current price dropped $8 last week, so we're hoping (but not holding our breath) that it's the start of a trend!!

We did the same thing for our trip to Maui in June of this year. A few weeks before I saw prices dropped by $100s. I was able to cancel and rebook several times in those last couple weeks. We had some friends visiting over the summer too and I mentioned the same thing to them and they also saved a ton of money!
What size/class of vehicle did you have? Because I was on Maui in June also and the rates just kept climbing every time I checked; never went down for me, not even Costco.

So far they are just getting more expensive for me. We are going in June, need a mini van. I am paying way to much through costco and the price went up since I booked it back in sept. I am checking under incognito too.

Prices are going up, not coming down. Everything is more expensive and seems to be staying that way. We booked our rental through Costco. It was still high compared to pre-pandemic, but it's hard to find much better. You can check corporate discount rates via your employer.

I would agree with the above. I can't believe some of the prices quoted in this thread. We've been travelling a bunch lately and corp codes are the only way I'd rent a car now. We just did 8 days at Anaheim but with a code, we only paid $300 for a minivan. I checked regular pricing and it would have been over $700. But I can remember when the average rental was $20-30/day. I think available inventory has had some effect on prices structures too.

What size/class of vehicle did you have? Because I was on Maui in June also and the rates just kept climbing every time I checked; never went down for me, not even Costco.
I think we had a compact or midsize car at June in Maui. We had initially booked the car maybe a year in advance and about 2-4 weeks before our trip we saw prices drop.

I think we had a compact or midsize car at June in Maui. We had initially booked the car maybe a year in advance and about 2-4 weeks before our trip we saw prices drop.
Me too, but they only went up. And I had my travel guru friend check with every code imaginable, but she had no luck either. But we had an SUV, so maybe that was the difference.

I just checked and our Jeep rental for 8 nights in November had gone down more than $200 on Costco, so I rebooked. Don't give up hope, I think rates will come down a bit.

For those of you that traveled the past 2 summers, were there any one-way rental specials out of FL?

LAX

Going in Feb and made my car reservation at the 11 month window when I booked the room. It just dropped today about $40 (like 5%). It's the first real drop since I booked and gives me hope it could come down more.

Going in Nov and rates dropped quite a bit through Costco travel. I rebooked yesterday.

When you book via Costco, are you booking car only? We are spending 2 nights in Waikiki then 5 nights at Aulani and booked our Waikiki hotel with a car (then extended our car rental to take us back to airport when we check out of Aulani). I’m not sure I can cancel then rebook since I have a hotel stay attached and I’m not exactly sure what we are paying for car since it’s a package. Makes me wonder if I should book both separately although 8 days SUV rental and 2 nights in Waikiki total under $1800. I didn’t think that was too awful (maybe I’m just so used to WDW prices that im numb to it), lol.

When you book via Costco, are you booking car only? We are spending 2 nights in Waikiki then 5 nights at Aulani and booked our Waikiki hotel with a car (then extended our car rental to take us back to airport when we check out of Aulani). I’m not sure I can cancel then rebook since I have a hotel stay attached and I’m not exactly sure what we are paying for car since it’s a package. Makes me wonder if I should book both separately although 8 days SUV rental and 2 nights in Waikiki total under $1800. I didn’t think that was too awful (maybe I’m just so used to WDW prices that im numb to it), lol.
Our reservation is for the car rental only, so I'm not sure how it works with a package. I think you're supposed to be getting a better price on the car if you have the hotel booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter