Is anyone else having a coronary having to wait until the 11th to Book?

kj&zb'smom

Earning My Ears
I am having pains thinking about this new package and not able to book it (i let my DC lapse - DH told me a waste to renew, well, showed him). I am concerned that they won't have rooms left by the time it goes on sale to general public at these great rates? I'm sure this is irrational, but when it comes to Disney, I am not rational. I know this is my obsessive trait kicking in - but I am not this patient!!!

Is anyone else having problems waiting?

Yes, I too let my DC lapse, and when I called to renew it today they told me I was 6 days too late to renew!!! I am wondering if I book a room only right now and then try to change it to the FT package would I be able to do that? Also someone posted that the dream package is $300 cheaper for the same vacation, so I am going to try to figure this out, first getting my cup of tea and then whip out the calculator!

you can do what i just did if you are worried about availability, i just called and booked a dreammaker package and what i will do is call back sunday when the fairytale package becomes available to the general public and apply the discount code at that time

dalton or anyone who can answer my questions. Do you have to pay up front for DM? Can I just book the room with CRO and then call them on the 11th and change that room only into FT package? I am very tempted to book another trip for the 3rd time this year with FT. It sounds like a good deal. Thanks

i have to pay 200.00 by may 20 and balance by june 23, i used WDTC instead of CRO because of a limited use card issued by my employer. or i wouldnt have had to pay balance until arrival

I called last night to inquire about the rates for the new package. My DC expired last of April and I had to renew just to get pricing. Well $17.00 later I find out the pricing is higher than the AP rate, even including tickets, than I already have for 7/3-7/12. Very frustrating!
Here's my synopsis of the package:
If you were going to buy a package w/ tickets anyway - Great deal!
If you do not need tickets - Very Bad Deal!
We are a party of 6. 4 adults and 2 kids. We have a room booked at Ft. Wilderness cabins for @approx. $160.00 per night. I have to buy the other 2 tickets. Taking into consideration the tickets, the package is $100.00 cheaper but if you add the other 4 of us it is $over $1500.00 more. The difference of course being the tickets for the 4 of us that don't even need them.
I was very tempted to book for 2 and have all 6 of us stay. Don't worry I decided against.
So back to OP - The CM last night told me they could see the level of "availability being offered to DC and GP" and is was the same. Granted there are less people w/ DC so that helps the DC people.
Good Luck!

I've had HORRIBLE thoughts!!! I've tried to think of how to obtain the master list of Disney Clubbers and somehow rig their phone lines to be inactive- but then I thought- hey most have cell phones anyway and it would just be too time consuming. Or I thought I could send out a plea- HEY Disney Clubbers- give us a 5 day head start- or DON'T BOOK THE POLY IN SEPTEMBER- or oh it's just gotten way out of hand!!
I am really really happy for all the DC'ers and especially for the ones who were able to renew and had some magic this week- but it is soooo hard waiting! I'm sure something will still be available this weekend- it's just too hard to wait!! Luckily we have a piano recital, ballet recital, awards for Awana going on this week so it'll pass fast.
If anyone's able to book without a DC before the 11th let us know!!!
Best of luck to all of ya, and no hard feelings DC'ers it's just like having your older sister get the first piece of cake and watching her eat it before you get yours! :)
Tara

Very interesting about what you said.

I am staying at the FW Cabins 7/1-7/11--2 adults, 2 jrs ? (16 and 11), and 2 children. We all need tickets. Do you think this package would be worth if for me?

I also have the $160 rate.

Any ideas from anybody would be great.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

FYI

I just called Disney club and got some info - although I am not a member, my sister is and she let me use her card to get an idea of the rates. I got a very very nice CM. After quoting my rate ($2171 - AKL Savannah - 8 days/ 2 adults 2 kids), I said what about someone who is not a DC, when can they book. He - "If you wait two days, wink wink, anyone can call." I said I had heard two different things - the 8th and the 11th. He said ads run the 11th, they can take bookings the 8th.

I cannot wait!!! I may bust by then!

I've been reading some of these posts, and I feel like a Disney beginner (Even though this morning I thought I knew quite a bit about it, having visited 8 times. ).

I also am new to discussion forums, so if I'm posting in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

Can someone please explain to me where you get these "codes" that everyone is referring to? And what is it that we'll be able to do on the 8th or 11th of May that is worth waiting for? I'm trying to book a trip in August, and I hate to think there are deals out there to be had, and I just don't know about them.

Please, please help!!!!

I am fairly new also, I have learned so much from these boards. A good place to learn about discount codes etc. is mousesavers.com

Also, I have learned a lot about codes, rates etc. just by reading these boards.

It's amazing the amount of Disney wisdom the members have, everyday, I get more and more addicted to this site.

Good luck and Welcome!

Manhattan -

Sorry - the dates of my quote are September 19-26th.

I am going to try calling on Thursday to see if they will let me. Any idea whether the cancellation terms will be the same as for the DC'ers?

I feel like I am going to be sick.
I dont want to wait and I am having panic attacks that the package will sell out.
So when can the generla public call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 8 or May 11??

I'm pretty convinced the general public can start booking this on May 8th.

1) My MIL called today to get some information and spoke to a very friendly & informative CM (Harlan). He told her to call back on May 8 - right when the reservation office opens (7am FL time) because these are going to go fast. She tried to sweet-talk him into letting her book early :smooth: even though her DC membership had expired. He told her "Honey, believe me, if I could I would!". He just kept saying to call back on the 8th.

2) I called to get the date for the general public and the CM I spoke to tried to find it in her system - she said "ugh, I just saw it but can't find it.....but it just started today - call back in 2 days". Which makes it the 8th. Plus, she asked me if I had e-mail and verified my e-mail address so maybe some notice will come that way?

Ugh - I think I'm gettin' an ulcer!:earseek:

Debbie

I originally called yesterday afternoon, just to "test the water". The CM I talked to insisted that the bookings would start on the 8th. When I insisted that he look again, he did find that DC members could book today.

I'd bet big money that the rest of the world can book on the 8th.

Ahhhhh!! I'm having flashbacks about getting up super early to speed-dial for a CRT PS! :p :p :p

But I will be up early too . . . good luck to everyone calling on Thursday. Hmmmmm.....just a thought - if this package will be available Thursday when can you book it online? At midnight on Thursday? Oy, I'm thinking about this too much!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter