Is a poncho...

LittleBlackRaincloud

<font color=red>It's a disguise, not an attitude<b
enough to keep a person dry on Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids, or should I just plan on getting drenched??? Any tips for staying dry?

Thanks!

Sit in the middle or back in Splash and on the left side. That will keep you a little dryer

There is a sign before you get on the Kali River Rapids that says something like: "You may get soaked. You will get wet." Depending on what time of year you go, I say go for soaked! Just put your shoes in the covered center of the ride. If it's really hot out, it will feel refreshing, and you can get out and put your dry shoes back on. Good luck!

Sheri

Just read some posts the other day about shoes on Kali River Rapids - you must leave them on for the entire ride now.

Guess we'll wear our Teva's that day!

And don't wear denim on Kali. There is nothing worse that walking around in wet denim, especially if it starts rubbing you the wrong way. :eek:

Thanks for the tips...I hadn't even thought about the horror of walking around in wet denim! I will keep that in mind. I will also refrain from wearing a white t-shirt that day due to WDW being a family sort of place....:teeth:

Heather

I can only speak from my own experience.
Front seat on Splash mountain with poncho covering as much of me as I could possibly get it too (LOL)- I only got a little wet (face, front of hair, knees down). But on Kali- forget about it. Even with the poncho I was soaked. LOL

On Splash a poncho will help. On Kali - forget it. You will get wet no matter what you do. Just be sure to visit AK on a nice, hot day and appreciate the cooling off. And definitely wear fast drying shorts and Teva sandals. Makes the rest of the day alot more pleasant.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter