Is $580 alot for a trip?

flipturngirl

DIS Veteran
So my band is doing a festival in Disneyland and it is $580 for the trip. We will be leaving on a friday and coming back on a sunday. We will only be in the park for 1 day isn't that to much money?

Where are you staying and how many in a room? that can mean a lot when it comes to price. Are you flying or driving?

Depends on what all that includes. That is two nights hotel- average room (off site), with tax is about $150 a night. Of course, you would be splitting that with 1-3 other people. Park hopper for a day is over $80. Then there is the cost of the bus or airfare. A trip to Disney adds up fast!

Depends on where you will be staying. If its the Disneyland Hotel then maybe. If your staying at a motel offsite then it might be a little high.

My friend and I are going to DL in Dec for five nights (airfare, hotel and park tickets) for $480 pp. However this is six of us in 1 room and we bought convention tickets that cost alot less.

Where are you staying??? I got a round trip flight and hotel for a week for $467, but if you added a 6 day hopper it was about $600. So really where are you staying? It must be a nice hotel if your only going to the park for one day.

flipturngirl said:
we do not know where we are staying yet.. 4 people per room at 210 per person per night..

At that price I would hope you are staying at the Grand Californian. If it is anything other than a Disney Hotel I would be questioning the price.

210 a person per night.. that does not seem right. staying in downtown LA??

I would really question that. How many meals are included and what type of transportation. Do you get steak at every meal??? As a 1 day park hopper is only $83.00 and if it is a special event usually you get a discount. So ask some more questions..

flipturngirl said:
So my band is doing a festival in Disneyland and it is $580 for the trip. We will be leaving on a friday and coming back on a sunday. We will only be in the park for 1 day isn't that to much money?

for several years I planned and organized all my daughters band trips to Magic Music Days in DL and depending on what your doing I would definitely say thats alot of $$$ for just one day...is everybody getting their own room or something??? I always broke the price down into transportation, cost of MMD tickets, hotel room divided by 4 people to a room, Medieval Times, and breakfast buffet next morning and it was stll less than half of what you are paying out...so unless your having extra exursions I would want to know what thats including

I wonder if that is priced to cover costs for chaperones too ? Also if you are chartering a bus, that can be big $. They may have had to purchase an insurance rider too.

actuall the room is 210 per the two nights. we get no meals.. this is not magic music days it is the heritage festival. i think this is way to much.. everyone who has not been before are saying "this is cheap, you wouldn't get to go for that much on a week." I am like yah.. for a week with hotel and 5 day hopper that is how much it is altogether.. ahh! I want to go but hopefully the price will come down. we have several travel agents in our band who are mad because of the prices.

Well, like what everyone said, it varies...

Are you Driving or are you flying?
Are you staying onsite or offsite?
How many people are staying in a room with you?
How many ParkHopper days you get?
How long are you staying at the hotel?

That's seem pricy if you aren't staying onsite. I am going this weekend and I'm paying $170 a night for a room at the Embassy Suites. We also booked one of their more pricy rooms. I have another friend that is going and is staying elsewhere for $100 or so a night.

So if you total includes only one day's hopper, no food and no airfare (??), I'd say you are paying too much UNLESS you are at the Grand Californian.

flipturngirl said:

That sounds pretty high. 4 people in one room? Tickets: 1 day $116 Hotel split 4 ways $210? I suppose if you were flying.

Let me put it this way.
I am going with my son in 3 weeks and I will be in park 2 days staying across the street with food and spending $ and am at about $600.

I would ask for a breakdown of the fees. Yes it sounds very hight to me.

Like others have said, I don't know what that includes.....
It's not outside the realm of possibility that the $580 is "reasonable".
If it includes flight? That's typically at least $200 there, frequently closer to $250-+300. One day at the park? That's another $83 for a one day hopper, $116 for a two day. Transportation: typically for band, that's a bus both to and from. Probably add on another $50 per person just for transport to and from the airport. Sometimes, there's an entrance fee for the competition, that could be added in there. Hotel room, that seems a bit steep, I'm sure you could do better, but often you're limited to locations that will allow organizations to rent for minors in rooms. Liability reasons. I know we've come across that issue before with scouts. Either they won't rent, or there has to be an adult in each room, which typically reduces the numbers to three students and one adult to each room.
I'd imagine if they're telling you $210 pp per night, it's probably including someof the mentioned costs, even if it doesn't include food.

We chaparoned a band from Oregon in March. It was $721 per person, GC 4 per room, 3 nights, 4 days hopper passes (value $110), character breakfast 2 mornings and $15 in Disney dollars per person to spend on food per day. This also included airfare from PDX to LAX a bus to transport us all to and from each airport and a rental truck to move the equipment from the hotel to the backstage area. I guess you have to look at all the hidden costs of taking a group. DH, DGS and myself certainly could have gone for 4 days for less than $2200, but moving a group by charter bus and moving equipment costs and those costs are generally shared among the group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter