• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Infant and Preemie Patterns

mtblujeans

DIS Veteran
I have bookmarked patterns for sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc. over the years to use enmass (group sewing sessions to donate the goodies made) and I would like to share them here. Hospitals really appreciate preemie clothes donated for patients to take their babies home in clothes that fit!

Maybe you have pattern sites you would like to share, also. :cloud9:

Newborn Sleeper (Up to 8 lbs.)

Various Patterns

Preemie Gown

Three Seam Baby Booties

Various Preemie Patterns (Including burial gown)

Various Patterns (Including burial gown and toys)

Preemie Sleeper (4 - 6 lbs.)

Preemie Gown W/Bonnet

Crib Sheet Pattern and Instructions

Crochet Patterns

Bib Patterns

Various Knit Patterns

Second Crib Sheet Pattern (Including Knit fabric Instructions)

Diaper Bag Pattern

Fleece Infant Mitten Pattern

More Knit Patterns (Including burial gown)

More Crochet Patterns (Including burial gown)

I had twin preemies and benefited from these donations. Thank you for doing this!! At my hospital they only really gave the babies knit hats. One of my sons was born at 1lb.10oz. In his 12 weeks in the NICU he grew through about 10 hat sizes. Whenever I went to the hospital and saw a new colorful hat I was reminded that he really was making progess! Such little things can mean so much to people. We get a big kick out of looking at his hat collection every now and then. They all fit inside each other. Thanks again to you and anyone else on this board who do kind things for strangers.

Although I have the Carewear.org site listed in the above group, I thought I would post their general site as I am sure they probably have many more patterns to choose from now. :goodvibes

I just purchase McCall's pattern #9407 and it included infant sizes preemie to medium. It is a $10.25 pattern but I got it on sale for 99 cents at our local Joanne's. It has been awhile since I bought children's patterns so maybe all (or most) of the pattern manufacturers are including preemie now....?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter