Indianapolis DIS Meet - 2nd Annual - All Welcome

Yay!!! And Shanan will be getting a GINORMOUS hug from me since she thought I snubbed her on PCC 1.0! :hug:

I've never been to RibFest, but I would imagine that things will be well marked for parking and such...

For a mall...there's a brand new mall up in the Noblesville area. It's called Hamilton Town Center and it's right off of I-69 at exit 10. It's one of those outdoor malls though, so if it's rainy, it might not be as enjoyable of an experience. No Disney Store there though...for more of a traditional indoor mall, there's Castleton Square which is off of I-69 at exit 1 on 82nd Street. There is a Disney Store there. There's also the Fashion Mall at the Keystone at the Crossing area on 86th Street. It's a nice mall, and pretty good-sized, but it the stores are a lot more $$$ than Castleton. There are stores like Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Janie & Jack, Tiffany, Williams-Sonoma, and Crate & Barrel. Nice mall, but a wee bit pricey. It's near Castleton Square too.

Where are you guys staying?

Thanks for the info Brandie and Noni :)
Pottery Barn Kids... really? Weird.

We'll be staying at Radisson Indianapolis Carmel Sept. 4-6th, got a really good rate a while ago.

I don't think Shanan thought you snubbed her, it's just she wanted to meet SO MANY people (as did I) on the cruise, it was just hard to make it to everyone and you, Matt, Aaron, Kim, Jason, Susan, Chris, Shelly, Tonya and many many MANY others ended up on our "dang, we didn't talk enough to these people" list. But that will change now, won't it :)

Ha ha ha….Jason beat me :P.

Thanks for all the useful info on the malls! Woo, I get a hug!! :hug:

We are staying at the Radisson hotel in Carmel. I am taking the day off work on Friday. We will leave as soon as Jason gets off work around 8 am on Friday so we should arrive around lunch time! I cannot wait! Flattie Jaime is getting excited too ;). :banana::banana::banana:

Now are there any good restaurants that we cannot miss!?! :confused3

(this is my 1st post from work….I hope I don’t get fired :scared1:)

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a run-down of the auction items for Saturday's meet. This way you can decide ahead of time what you might be interested to bid on. Remember, all the proceeds from the silent auction will go to Give Kids the World of Central Florida.

Here's the list of auction items.

7-night stay at the Sheraton Vistana Resort - 1 bedroom unit
A 3X DIS Unplugged T-Shirt signed by the DIS Unplugged podcast crew
A dinner review with Kevin Klose and John Magi of the DIS Unplugged podcast
A Walt Disney World collectable plate
A Mickey Mouse Precious Moments collectable
A limited edition Club 33 Keychain
3 limited edition Disboards key chains made by Bob "Bawb" Varley
A Walt Disney World duffle bag on wheels

Each of the auction items will have minimum starting bids with appropriate incremental bids.

Additionally, we will be holding one or two 50/50 raffles during the meet. All of the proceeds from the raffle(s) will go to Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida.

If any of you have auction items you wish to donate, please let me know before Saturday so I can make an item description sheet. If that's not possible we can make one at the meet.

Saturday is fast approaching. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there.

Ha ha ha….Jason beat me :P.

Thanks for all the useful info on the malls! Woo, I get a hug!! :hug:

We are staying at the Radisson hotel in Carmel. I am taking the day off work on Friday. We will leave as soon as Jason gets off work around 8 am on Friday so we should arrive around lunch time! I cannot wait! Flattie Jaime is getting excited too ;). :banana::banana::banana:

Now are there any good restaurants that we cannot miss!?! :confused3

(this is my 1st post from work….I hope I don’t get fired :scared1:)

A lot of the unique funky places that we frequent are in Broad Ripple which is south of Noblesville. There are some great little eateries and ethnic places. PM me if you want more info. For something a little closer or more main stream hit Stir Crazy Cafe in the Castleton Square mall. It is Asian with a twist. They have a fresh bar with all sorts of ingredients to build your own stir fry. It is great!

I'm still trying to work out going for this weekend, and it is looking better. I have a question. Is there a place there to wash dishes when done?

Hi all. :wave:
Yesterday got some frustrating work news, which greatly increased the chances of me not being able to attend this weekend. The increase of work, in addition to our file server continually crashing (thereby costing a half day of work so far....) means I may not be in attendance.
This saddens/frustrates/angers/upsets me.:sad::badpc::furious::mad:
I won't know with total certainty until the end of our business day on Thursday. I hope that I will be able to make it.

I'm still trying to work out going for this weekend, and it is looking better. I have a question. Is there a place there to wash dishes when done?
Yes, there is a sink in the kitchen; however, I don't think there is any dish soap. I'm sure there will be paper towels for drying off the dishes.

Yesterday got some frustrating work news, which greatly increased the chances of me not being able to attend this weekend. The increase of work, in addition to our file server continually crashing (thereby costing a half day of work so far....) means I may not be in attendance.
I won't know with total certainty until the end of our business day on Thursday. I hope that I will be able to make it.
Todd,
It would really stink if you didn't come... (No Pressure, or anything) :)

If there is anything we can do to help you get here please let us know. Princess Anna is really looking forward to seeing you again. :wizard:

Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...

Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...Todd will be there...

To quote my current facebook status:

file server is back up and running smoothly again. Only 7 hours lost. If I stay late tonight and tomorrow, I might be caught up for today's down time. If Indy is still in play, it would be a kamikaze Saturday adventure. Maybe.

I will be doing my durndest to make it, even if it is just for Saturday afternoon.

To quote my current facebook status:

I will be doing my durndest to make it, even if it is just for Saturday afternoon.

I promise not to be greedy...an afternoon with Todd is better than an afternoon without Todd!

But I'm secretly holding out for more than just the afternoon...shhhhh
:rolleyes1

My DD and I would be willing to do "Kids Trivia".

I have to change what I am bringing. Beef Hash doesn't travel too well. How about sandwiches?

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

And Tricia...raid the closet for some good stuff!!!! :flower3:

Closet raided! I've got a Sunshine Rewards Prize Pack with a $50 Disney Gift Card in it for the auction and am pulling together some other smaller treats as well. :)

Closet raided! I've got a Sunshine Rewards Prize Pack with a $50 Disney Gift Card in it for the auction and am pulling together some other smaller treats as well. :)

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay:
:banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

Update: Saturday only trip looks much more possible after 14 hours at work today. :crosses fingers the server doesn't fail again this week:

How long of a drive is it for you?

Google says 5 hours and 4 minutes. Which I find them relatively accurate; going to Chicago a few weeks back, google said it would take 5 hours and 2 minutes. After stopping to use the restroom a couple times, refuel, stop at Meijer for a couple bananas, and slow down through the construction and toll booths, it took me 5 hours and 10 minutes.

My DD and I would be willing to do "Kids Trivia".

I have to change what I am bringing. Beef Hash doesn't travel too well. How about sandwiches?
That sounds great! I'll go ahead and change what you are bringing. See you soon.

Woo Woo! Thanks! We appreciate your support.

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay:
:banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

Update: Saturday only trip looks much more possible after 14 hours at work today. :crosses fingers the server doesn't fail again this week:
Fingers crossed!

How long of a drive is it for you?

Google says 5 hours and 4 minutes. Which I find them relatively accurate; going to Chicago a few weeks back, google said it would take 5 hours and 2 minutes. After stopping to use the restroom a couple times, refuel, stop at Meijer for a couple bananas, and slow down through the construction and toll booths, it took me 5 hours and 10 minutes.
Travel safely Todd. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder for anyone who wishes to assist with setup or cleanup for the meet. My family will be out at the Winks building around 8:30AM to begin setting up tables and chairs, and decorating the room. The meet begins at 1:00PM. Prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour; 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00PM. You must be present to win any prize. The silent auction will begin at 1:00PM and go through 5:00PM. At that point we will announce the winners of the auction items. We will also be selling 50/50 raffle tickets throughout the meet. Half of the pot goes to the winner and the other half will go to Give Kids the World. Tickets will be $2 a piece or 6 for $10. We will announce the winner of the raffle at 5:00PM. You will not need to be present to win the 50/50 raffle, but you must put your name and contact information on the back of your ticket(s).

Kids activities will be ongoing throughout the meet. There will be a special section with tables for kids activities. The current weather forcast for Saturday is partly cloudy skies and a high temperature of 81 degrees. There is only a 10% chance of rain. There's plenty of green space outside the building, so if you wish to bring any outdoor fun like footballs to toss around or minor games please feel free.

All paper products and plasticware will be provided. Also, soft drinks, bottled water, and juice boxes for the children will be provided. They will be located in the kitchen refrigerator.

If anyone has any questions please post them here or send me a PM. We are looking forward to seeing all of you at the meet. :)

So Toddles...any word on if you'll be joining us tomorrow night after all? Or is it still going to be just Saturday?

...for more of a traditional indoor mall, there's Castleton Square which is off of I-69 at exit 1 on 82nd Street. There is a Disney Store there.

Hey! And Dave and Busters is on the Malls perimeter!?! I think I just figured this out!

See some of you tomorrow :). We are leaving bright in early tomorrow morning :banana::banana:

And see the rest of you on Saturday!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter