Indiana Jones set to be released soon

I hope it does well. The PWB chick worries me. If she comes across as snarky and condescending towards Indy, that will not be well received by the legacy fans. From the clips I have seen on the trailers, that is my only concern. I just want Indy to not get the Luke Skywalker treatment that Kathlene Kennedy is known for.
That is my concern as well. I'm a huge fan, but when I heard that Indy cowers in the corner and is berated by her the whole time, I decided to skip it. My husband is still upset about the last movie, so he wasn't going to come with me either.

That is my concern as well. I'm a huge fan, but when I heard that Indy cowers in the corner and is berated by her the whole time, I decided to skip it. My husband is still upset about the last movie, so he wasn't going to come with me either.

Somehow I doubt that is an accurate description. Some people get really sensitive about that stuff, but it's probably not as big of a deal as it sounds. Besides, Indy is the type who would hide out of the line of fire and let someone else do the work if he can. 🤣

I agree that JJ tried to save it due to all the backlash Rian Johnson's movie got. JJ did the best he could do in the last one ,but Johnson had left him a mess and the damage to Luke was too far gone. People literally talk about how Johnson's movie split the star wars fan base in half. Did you miss all of that somehow?
If Kennedy is to be blamed for anyting in Star Wars, it was rushing the new trilogy and dividing it between two directors.

If Kennedy is to be blamed for anyting in Star Wars, it was rushing the new trilogy and dividing it between two directors.
Agreed on this. If it all had been with JJ who wrote the original outline, I don't think it would be seen as nearly as divisive. Rian Johnson just wanted to upset the apple cart, and he succeeded in his goal.

I personally think if everyone would have just had a little more input from George, it could have been much much better. I just feel like George could have convinced them not to treat Luke so poorly, he probably ensures that Luke / Leia / Han get one quick 30 second scene to send them off properly, and I can't image he would have allowed them to bring back Palpatine. Like Nintendo recently the creator of the characters being present for some gentle guidance on the films could have done wonders for the Disney Sequel Trilogy.

Last edited:
Agreed on this. If it all had been with JJ who wrote the original outline, I don't think it would be seen as nearly as divisive. Rian Johnson just wanted to upset the apple cart, and he succeeded in his goal.

I personally think if everyone would have just had a little more input from George, it could have been much much better. I just feel like George could have convinced them not to treat Luke so poorly, he probably ensures that Luke / Leia / Han get once quick 30 second scene to send them off properly, and I can't image he would have allowed them to bring back Palpatine. Like Nintendo recently the creator of the characters being present for some gentle guidance on the films could have done wonders for the Disney Sequel Trilogy.

I dunno man, so many fans hated George's ideas for the most part. I don't think they would have liked the sewuel trilogy that he came up with either. Honestly, a portion of the fanbase would not have liked anything they made, no matter what it was. They never even wanted to.

Each of the original trilogy films had different directors too, you know. Not just the sequel trilogy.

A New Hope - George Lucas
TESB - Irvin Kershner
ROTJ - Richard Marquand

And I believe Rian Johnson was actually originally asked to come back and direct TROS before JJ was because Lucasfilm were so pleased with how smooth the production went under his control and he was one of the few people that got things done on time and within budget and that’s why they wanted to work with him again when it didn’t work out with Josh Trank but Rian turned it down because he wanted to focus on the Knives Out movie he was working on and so that’s why they went back to JJ to wrap things up.

I’m just baffled why people are so worried about PWB in this movie when Indy’s always had a strong willed female companion with him in every movie. Marion certainly gave him what for in Raiders several times so what’s the big deal now?

Well, I think a collaboration is always going to come out positively. I don't think he had to "force" too much as he just made suggestions. He didn't want things to turn out the way they had in the past, but Chris Meledandri worked up a good relationship with him and guaranteed it was in good hands.
Which is precisely why Favreau who is a huge fan of Lucas was so very careful to perfectly portray Master Jedi Luke Skywalker in the season 2 finally of Mando. He didn't want things to "turn out the way they had in the past". He also wanted to assure Lucas that his character "was in good hands". Polar opposite of what Rian Johnson did.

Last edited:
I dunno man, so many fans hated George's ideas for the most part. I don't think they would have liked the sewuel trilogy that he came up with either. Honestly, a portion of the fanbase would not have liked anything they made, no matter what it was. They never even wanted to.
Completely disagree on this point. I Loved The Force Awakens, absolutely loved it. Got my tickets early for the TLJ along with my entire family. Like 20 tickets all purchased ahead of time, popcorn, candy, ready to have the time of my life. I left pissed off at the world, like someone had runover my dog. I wanted to like TLJ, 100% I wanted to.

Each of the original trilogy films had different directors too, you know. Not just the sequel trilogy.

TESB - Irvin Kershner
ROTJ - Richard Marquand

And I believe Rian Johnson was actually originally asked to come back and direct TROS before JJ was because Lucasfilm were so pleased with how smooth the production went under his control and he was one of the few people that got things done on time and within budget and that’s why they wanted to work with him again when it didn’t work out with Josh Trank but Rian turned it down because he wanted to focus on the Knives Out movie he was working on and so that’s why they went back to JJ to wrap things up.

I’m just baffled why people are so worried about PWB in this movie when Indy’s always had a strong willed female companion with him in every movie. Marion certainly gave him what for in Raiders several times so what’s the big deal now?

But George was involved with all three of the OT movies, and even controlled major aspects the script correct? So one overarching vision as the glue holding them together correct?

TESB - Irvin Kershner
ROTJ - Richard Marquand

Colin Trevorrow was originally going to direct the third one. Lucasfilm has had issues with keeping directors on projects, which I do think is problematic. They tried to bring the wrong people in, people without experience making big-budget movies. Even Gareth Edwards had issues on Rogue One, though he seems to have been happy to take the help from Tony Gilroy and still take the credit and the paycheck.

Yeah, the only gal pal of Indy's that wasn't that capable was Willie. She was a handful! 🤣

Which is precisely why Favreau who is a huge fan of Lucas was so very careful to perfectly portray Master Jedi Luke Skywalker in the season 2 finally of Mando. He didn't want things to "turn out the way they had in the past". He also wanted to assure Lucas that his character "was in good hands". Polar opposite of what Rian Johnson did.

You say stuff like this as if Rian Johnson isn't a huge fan of Lucas and Star Wars. He is. Lucas is actually more apt to like a movie that pushes boundaries and takes risks. His critique of TFA was that, "there's nothing new." His feelings on the otehrs aren't really known. I don't think he much cares to be honest, though I know he likes films that push a little.

Colin Trevorrow was originally going to direct the third one. Lucasfilm has had issues with keeping directors on projects, which I do think is problematic. They tried to bring the wrong people in, people without experience making big-budget movies. Even Gareth Edwards had issues on Rogue One, though he seems to have been happy to take the help from Tony Gilroy and still take the credit and the paycheck.

Yeah, the only gal pal of Indy's that wasn't that capable was Willie. She was a handful! 🤣
Yeah it is a little hard to keep up with, as there have been so many stops and starts and fired directors and directors that quit during this Disney run. That is likely at least partly to blame as to why the Disney ST lacks cohesiveness.

But George was involved with all three of the OT movies, and even controlled major aspects the script correct? So one overarching vision as the glue holding them together correct?
Yes, you’re correct on that and I agree that there was an overall vision seen on screen because of George’s continued involvement but the point I was simply making was that the OT had three different directors as well who also had an element of creative control because of that.

You’re right. It was Colin Trevorrow for the 3rd film. My bad. I was getting confused and forgot that Josh Trank was the one supposed to be directing the Boba Fett film that never happened and ended up morphing into the show. But I also agree with the Gareth Edwards mention and how a lot of people don’t realise how little of what he originally filmed ended up making it into the final film.

You say stuff like this as if Rian Johnson isn't a huge fan of Lucas and Star Wars. He is. Lucas is actually more apt to like a movie that pushes boundaries and takes risks. His critique of TFA was that, "there's nothing new." His feelings on the otehrs aren't really known. I don't think he much cares to be honest, though I know he likes films that push a little.
Agreed he would push for new and exciting things, he certainly did that in the prequels and some people didn't love it. However, he knew exactly who his characters were, and no way he would have lost sight of that. Even in the prequels Anakin was spot on. Obi-Wan was spot on. All legacy characters that we had seen before were perfectly handled. It the other stuff where he pushed and some people didn't care for it.

The fact that you cannot get Lucas to comment on any Disney Star Wars stuff anymore, tells me all I need to know about what he thinks about what they did to his baby. He got his $4 Billion dollars and they are free to mess it all up if they want to.

Yes, you’re correct on that and I agree that there was overall vision seen on screen because of that but the point I was simply making was that the OT had three different directors as well that also had an element of creative control because of that.

You’re right. It was Colin Trevorrow for the 3rd film. My bad. I was getting confused and forgot that Josh Trank was the one supposed to be directing the Boba Fett film that never happened and ended up morphing into the show. But I also agree with the Gareth Edwards mention and how a lot of people don’t realise how little of what he originally filmed ended up making it into the final film.

Well, I think a lot of what Gareth shot is present. DGA rules wouldn't allow him to be the sole director credit if it weren't. But, notice how he didn't just storm out due to "creative differences" and just went with it. He seems happy with the final product too.

The thing about working in the big franchises is that it's nor your movie anyway. If you go into Marvel or Star Wars or wahtever, there will be a LOT of studio control. You will be foreced to toe the line, which a lot of the directors that picture themselves as auteurs don't like. Of course, they probably shouldn't even try to take jobs like that.

That's why all the hate toward Rian Johnson is silly anyway. It's not like he did it all on his own. About a billion poeple all had input on the final version of the movie. Sure, the director does have influence and can put their own voice in it, but it is hardly the product on a singular mind.

Yes, you’re correct on that and I agree that there was an overall vision seen on screen because of George’s continued involvement but the point I was simply making was that the OT had three different directors as well who also had an element of creative control because of that.

Do I remember the game of thrones guys being involved at one point, what project was that one on?

Agreed he would push for new and exciting things, he certainly did that in the prequels and some people didn't love it. However, he knew exactly who his characters were, and no way he would have lost sight of that. Even in the prequels Anakin was spot on. Obi-Wan was spot on. All legacy characters that we had seen before were perfectly handled. It the other stuff where he pushed and some people didn't care for it.

The fact that you cannot get Lucas to comment on any Disney Star Wars stuff anymore, tells me all I need to know about what he thinks about what they did to his baby. He got his $4 Billion dollars and they are free to mess it all up if they want to.

And I still say Luke was spot-on too. He did what Jedi do. Admittedly, they could have fleshed out his motivations more, but I don't see it as a leap.

Do I remember the game of thrones guys being involved at one point, what project was that one on?

They were supposedly getitng their own trilogy - then the final season of GoT came out....

The same with Patti Jenkins and her movie - WW84 was lambasted and they quietly let her move along.

Well, I think a lot of what Gareth shot is present. DGA rules wouldn't allow him to be the sole director credit if it weren't. But, notice how he didn't just storm out due to "creative differences" and just went with it. He seems happy with the final product too.

The thing about working in the big franchises is that it's nor your movie anyway. If you go into Marvel or Star Wars or wahtever, there will be a LOT of studio control. You will be foreced to toe the line, which a lot of the directors that picture themselves as auteurs don't like. Of course, they probably shouldn't even try to take jobs like that.

That's why all the hate toward Rian Johnson is silly anyway. It's not like he did it all on his own. About a billion poeple all had input on the final version of the movie. Sure, the director does have influence and can put their own voice in it, but it is hardly the product on a singular mind.
So it was Darth Kennedy instead directing Rian Johnson to deconstruct Luke?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter