Inaugural Western, Final Thoughts

tkd lisa

An old school dis boarder
Final thoughts/Good tips for future

Going on an inaugural itinerary was a really fun thing to do. There had been some speculation that because it was the first time through, there would be problems. On the contrary, it was really cool to be the first to see some of these things from the Disney perspective. All the ports were very excited to have the Magic in port, and did some neat things to show it. The parrot pins in Grand Cayman were nice, and the kids put them on their hats! They also liked the band at Key West. The inaugural freebies of a lithograph and the champagne with glasses was also very nice. Overall, our family enjoyed the experience.

Things I was really glad we had:
1) over the door shoe holder. I can't say enough about how this simplified our lives! If I had a nickle for every time I answered "Honey, where's ......" with "on the bathroom door", I'd have paid off the trip (lol)!
2) Wrinkle remover. It worked great!
3) DIS lanyards! Thanks to Joe & Joanne! I had brought the waterproof ones, and did use them when we went ashore so that I could carry a few $, and chapstick. But on the ship, I just tucked everything into the plastic envelope attached to the DIS lanyard!
4) Multiple bathing suits for everyone. Nothing worse than a wet suit! We went in and out more than once a day, and the suits took at least a full day to dry out. 3 worked well for us.
5) My own laundry soap!

Some not so good things.
1) Losing our daughter. SIGN YOUR KIDS INTO THE CLUB FIRST! It would have made the incident so much easier. They would have paged us right away, and we would have known she was safe.
2) The volume of the music. Maybe I'm getting old, but the music at the Goofy pool was loud all the time, and louder when the band was playing. I did enjoy the Island band, but we listened from the Mickey pool, cause it was just too loud.

Some good things (the highlights):

1) The counselors at the Lab. DS bonded with Benjamin, and he was really good with him!
2) The SHOWS! They were awesome!
3) Availability of food. If you were hungry, you weren't looking hard!
4) Soda mugs. They worked for us. We got them from AAA, and I kept mine filled with tonic water and lime. I know I would have gotten sick of diet coke. The bartenders were also good about adding coke to DH's rum.

Hope you've enjoyed my trip report as much as I enjoyed everyone elses!

TKD Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter