Inaugural Disney Wine&Dine**1/2 Marathon** Post Race Discussion!

So are relay runners not getting this? Cuz I haven't gotten an email about it. :sad1:

So are relay runners not getting this? Cuz I haven't gotten an email about it. :sad1:

From the e-mail:

"Share mydisneymarathon.com/WineDineRun/ with your friends and family. You can use the Search for Runners function to find your friends' finish times! Relay team results pages and certificates will be available soon."

From the e-mail:

"Share mydisneymarathon.com/WineDineRun/ with your friends and family. You can use the Search for Runners function to find your friends' finish times! Relay team results pages and certificates will be available soon."

:hug:
Thanks Todd!

I finally got my certificate to load. Of course it's the one with me wiping my nose.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, DISNEY.

It works for me. Here's the deal though. ASI took several pictures of me, most of them were okay. In one, I look terrible. Guess which one they use on my personal finisher's page? Did they have to use the worst picture? Any of the other 6 pictures would have been better. I think they did it on purpose.

YES!!! Mine was a horrible picture where you only see basically the right half of my body and then there is an almost full center body shot of someone else.. :upsidedow I'm all red faced and looking yuck. There are others inside MGM where I am happier and look better..

FireDancer said:
Mine was the picture taken with the Osborne Lights in the background. I thought that was the picture they would use for everyone since it is unique. If not I guess I just got lucky.

Mine was near the big dinosaur in DinoRama in AK.

I managed to make it through the entire race with ZERO photos of me. Well, that's not entirely true. There is one in the lost and found, but it's a weird side/up angle and there are others in the photo, so it doesn't count. :D
Photos are my least favorite part of running events.

Same thing happened here...I took a few photos I actually really love and then one horrible one where I look like I might die mid run and they of course used that one. I would love to know how they decided which one to use :rotfl: excited to try and print it at home when I am done work today

DW printed our certificate last night and the Division Place number on the certificate is not the official result number.:confused3

There are no photos of me walking my part of the relay. Guess I must have been walking way too fast for the cameras.:rotfl:

The photographers were mainly to the far right of the course. If you were running tangents, you were photographed.

Hey all! Does anyone know the name of that rock/pop band who played during the race?

Not sure of the band, but there was one solo performer right before AK who is Dominic Gaudios. You can catch him playing at night at DTD. Not sure what nights but he has always been there when I was there, whch was on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday. He reminds me a lot of Keller Williams. Would have rather listened to him instead of the Mulch band......

The one they put on the direct link page for me I am in the background being obscured by a lady in the foreground. Kinda wish you could swap out the photo on that.
Same thing happened to me...a close up of a woman in the center of the pic. I'm to the right of her, almost out of the frame. In my other photos, I am giving a thumbs-up, waving, or smiling.

Mine was the picture taken with the Osborne Lights in the background. I thought that was the picture they would use for everyone since it is unique. If not I guess I just got lucky.
Yes, you are lucky. None of mine have cool backgrounds - although I know I had some good ones taken at DHS!

I finally got my certificate to load. Of course it's the one with me wiping my nose.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, DISNEY.
:lmao:

Mine is from the Osborne lights. My friend that I was with (who shooed me on when she thought she wouldn't make it) has a bad picture where she was wincing in pain. Poor thing!

I have to agree with all of the prior comments about issues with aspects of the race. However, I want to add a positive note. Every Disney cast member we saw over the weekend was extremely friendly; in fact my DW and I commented that it was almost as though Disney had placed a corporate emphasis on it; it was noticeable compared to our last couple of trips. We were especially happy with all of the positive comments we received from almost every cast member when we wore our race shirts while we toured the day after. It is a fairly small thing for Disney to do, without any cost, but meant a lot to us. It is the kind of thing that makes up for the race issues and makes us want to come back for another race.

I have to agree with all of the prior comments about issues with aspects of the race. However, I want to add a positive note. Every Disney cast member we saw over the weekend was extremely friendly; in fact my DW and I commented that it was almost as though Disney had placed a corporate emphasis on it; it was noticeable compared to our last couple of trips. We were especially happy with all of the positive comments we received from almost every cast member when we wore our race shirts while we toured the day after. It is a fairly small thing for Disney to do, without any cost, but meant a lot to us. It is the kind of thing that makes up for the race issues and makes us want to come back for another race.

Absolutely! Everyone (CM's) congratulated us and asked us about the race. It was a great Disney touch!

I really should have gotten myself involved with this board sooner. I saw several of the DIS WISH shirts floating around before the race and struck up a conversation who was near me towards the front of corral C. She encouraged me to just jump in and write, so here I am. :)

Just yesterday I finally finished writing my race and trip report and posted it to my blog. Just a warning though, it's REALLY long and poorly edited. You might want to use one of the links at the top to skip to the race recap. That is, unless you want to follow the exciting adventures that were trying to find decent quality vegetarian/vegan options at Disney World or you're curious how the park touring went.

I only have six post and I can't include links yet. So I'll just direct you to my blog the old fashioned way. bobowen (dot) org

The short version is that this was my first half marathon and I had a blast. :)

Nice to meet you all and hope to see some of you at the marathon in January. (Also my first.)

-- Bob

I really should have gotten myself involved with this board sooner. I saw several of the DIS WISH shirts floating around before the race and struck up a conversation who was near me towards the front of corral C. She encouraged me to just jump in and write, so here I am. :)

Just yesterday I finally finished writing my race and trip report and posted it to my blog. Just a warning though, it's REALLY long and poorly edited. You might want to use one of the links at the top to skip to the race recap. That is, unless you want to follow the exciting adventures that were trying to find decent quality vegetarian/vegan options at Disney World or you're curious how the park touring went.

I only have six post and I can't include links yet. So I'll just direct you to my blog the old fashioned way. bobowen (dot) org

The short version is that this was my first half marathon and I had a blast. :)

Nice to meet you all and hope to see some of you at the marathon in January. (Also my first.)

-- Bob

Welcome Bob. Congratulations on your first half. I'll be doing the full in January with you.

There is usually at least one pretty large WISH meet over marathon weekend, usually Friday at POP Century. As the race gets closer the details will get hammered out but hope to see you there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter