In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Lisa, it was amazing. I can't wait to give you details (PLEASE! if I forget, remind me to tell you about Leisl and her dress!) Right now I'm exhausted. Thanksgiving week is killer for me - *only* about 70 pies today. Tomorrow, I think it's 118 :faint: So, so very happy that my mom is making cheesecake for Thanksgiving :rotfl:

So am I. :rotfl2: Pies aren't me. But cheescake. :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear Nancy. :goodvibes

Hang in there my exhausted friend. :hug:

118 pie Nancy :eek:

Lisa I Love your pic on your TR, (I think I may have said that already)

I am not running yet, still in PT which I love, hoping for hte OK to run on Turkey day, we are going to have great weather here, I don't have a race, just hoping for a 3 mile run.

I did get a gymboss, thinking if I have a pattern to my run walk I will not get hurt again.

Sorry I've been slacking on checking in! I've been sick (yes, again) and finally getting better. I can not think of a year in my entire life that I have been sick or physically weakened like this year? No idea what my deal is, but it seems like once I recover from one thing, something else happens. :confused3

I need to read back and try to catch up on what's going on with everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Nancy - 118 pies??? :eek:

Lisa - I don't think I answered you about the 'list'. Its our list of celebrities who we could.........you know.......without the other one being angry :rotfl2:

Everyone - Hi :cloud9:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Nancy - 118 pies??? :eek:

Lisa - I don't think I answered you about the 'list'. Its our list of celebrities who we could.........you know.......without the other one being angry :rotfl2:

Everyone - Hi :cloud9:

Yes!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Except my little Mother Country Kelly!

MCK!

I know what a list is! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

I was being way nosy. I want to hear the list. :rotfl2::love:

OH JO!!!!! You're reading my TR and not interacting with me. JO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love: to everyone. Please send your leftovers north of the border.

Lisa, I can't believe I totally had a brainfart and was wishing you Happy Thanksgiving as well on FB! :laughing:

Ran 2 miles Wednesday and about hacked up a lung, I'm ready to feel healthy again. :sick:

I know what a list is! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

I was being way nosy. I want to hear the list. :rotfl2::love:

Oh, duh! I'm not the brightest spark sometimes! :rotfl:

Hmm, who's on my list - it does change often :lmao:

The Buble
Kiefer Sutherland (as Jack Bauer :rotfl2:)
Bradley Cooper
Jay-Z (Because he's so cool. And it works out well because Beyonce is on DH's list!)
Take That (The english 'man-band'. And despite what DH says, the entire group counts as one entry on the list :lmao:)
Matthew Gray Gubler (Only when he is in criminal minds, and only since he had his hair cut!)

That is todays list :lmao:

Aren't you glad you asked :rotfl:

Kelly - so much to say. :rotfl2: But not at 4 am. :lmao: I would probaly get thrown off the disboards. Soon.

Karen - it was cute. Even my American niece said that. ;) So you were not alone.

What a day. Took my mom Christmas shopping. Don't want to go on. But it's just one of those heartbreaking days. Just venting. Before her open heart surgery - I could see *her* at times. Now she's not there - I can't find parts of my own mom. At all. She's not out of it. Just a brand new woman. Actually a mischievious girl. :lmao:

And some days that's okay and I'm fine. And some days - it's utterly unbearable. Totally heartbreaking. For me. I'm sure she's okay for the most part. Not 100 per cent but most of the time.

But we're lucky. Some are mean and cutting - that's where they go from the disease. As I know. And many of us know. She is so loving. - right now - at this stage. Can be tough but in general good natured. She hugged and kissed the takeout man tonight in a restaurant.

No worries or feeling like you have to say something. Just venting.

Weird day. Nathan has - probably - decided to go forward with a pancreatic transplant - soon. Brings up some. A lot.

And I'm beginning to think the doctor took my metabolism with my kidney. :rotfl2: ;);) But my scar - the one lovely of white pale paper thin skin (heals the best). My scar is nonsense (hardly can see it) I still haven't completed my final creatinine blood/urine. :sad2:

And my TR - oh my TR - just had to - or I simply felt - I had to defend my own personality tonight. Who would have thought? :rotfl2:

Life is interesting, isn't it? IT IS.

Thanksgiving weekend. Well although I'm not celebrating - I can tell you I'm so thankful for you all. :love:

Sorry I've been slacking on checking in! I've been sick (yes, again) and finally getting better. I can not think of a year in my entire life that I have been sick or physically weakened like this year? No idea what my deal is, but it seems like once I recover from one thing, something else happens. :confused3

I need to read back and try to catch up on what's going on with everyone!

Karen, have you gone to the doc for this, evey time I check in you are sick again, that was me last year. I could not kick it. So this year I got the whole family flu shots for the first time.

Lisa, I have not been back to your TR sorry, please forgive me. Your doc to my metabolisum to. ha ha ha

I have been going to Physical Therapy for my hip, the pain is better but not yet 100%, I did run this morning 2 miles on the treadmill, it was ok, but I know I can't do major miles. So I called the doc back and not I am going to an Ortho guy on friday. I hope its a quick fix, the princess is coming fast.

Okay here we go......:rotfl2:

Oh, duh! I'm not the brightest spark sometimes! :rotfl:

Hmm, who's on my list - it does change often :lmao:

The Buble No comment. :laughing:

Kiefer Sutherland (as Jack Bauer :rotfl2:)You are aware that you can fit him in your pocket, yes? :lmao: Even as Jack Bauer. Or maybe you like it that you can fit him in your pocket. popcorn::

And what's with #1 and #2? Kelly has a thing for Canadian little men? Martin Short? :lmao: I would. :rotfl:

Bradley Cooper All I think of is German Leprechaun when I see him - yes a new breed - GERMAN leprechaun. :rotfl:

I ADORED him in Alias though but much since. Hysterical in the football scene in Wedding Crashers. It was on the other night. OMG.

Jay-Z (Because he's so cool. And it works out well because Beyonce is on DH's list!) The brackets make NO SENSE MCK. ;) You're aware of that, right? What is this going to be a double date? :rotfl:Agree on the choice though - definite je ne sais quoi.

Take That (The english 'man-band'. And despite what DH says, the entire group counts as one entry on the list :lmao:) Must google this.

Matthew Gray Gubler (Only when he is in criminal minds, and only since he had his hair cut!) Must google this. And it's funny that he has SUCH a distinguished name and then comes GUBLER. :rotfl2:

That is todays list :lmao:

Aren't you glad you asked :rotfl:

I AM glad I asked. :thumbsup2 Totally - totally made my night. TOTALLY. Do we get the shy humble's list (your real life list man)? Or would he hate that?

Karen, have you gone to the doc for this, evey time I check in you are sick again, that was me last year. I could not kick it. So this year I got the whole family flu shots for the first time.

Lisa, I have not been back to your TR sorry, please forgive me. Your doc to my metabolisum to. ha ha ha

I have been going to Physical Therapy for my hip, the pain is better but not yet 100%, I did run this morning 2 miles on the treadmill, it was ok, but I know I can't do major miles. So I called the doc back and not I am going to an Ortho guy on friday. I hope its a quick fix, the princess is coming fast.

Jo, I don't care that you don't have time for my TR. :goodvibes Really. My point was you were there and didn't interact with moi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping that you get out of pain/discomfort quickly. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be.

Where is this TR you speak of Lisa?!?!?!?

Jo, I haven't gone to a Dr. but I'm suspecting it has something to do with sun exposure b/c I didn't feel sick (had injuries and wart issues tho) over the summer but I did in the spring and now in the late fall. I really just want to get back to running, it's driving me nuts to just sporadically run every now and then. I hope you hip is nothing serious and that you can build up from the 2 miles.

Where is this TR you speak of Lisa?!?!?!?

Jo, I haven't gone to a Dr. but I'm suspecting it has something to do with sun exposure b/c I didn't feel sick (had injuries and wart issues tho) over the summer but I did in the spring and now in the late fall. I really just want to get back to running, it's driving me nuts to just sporadically run every now and then. I hope you hip is nothing serious and that you can build up from the 2 miles.

Karen - it's here

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2825744

Wow. It MUST be driving you nuts!!!:hug:

Karen, could it be related to allergies? My ex was sick all the time and finally went to an allergist, who said that his constant allergy (to dust, pollen, etc) were backing up his sinuses, thus providing a "ground" for other ickiness to grow.

Once he went on a once-daily Allegra (or Claritin is another option), plus a Flonase-type thing, he got sick a LOT less often.

Kelly, have you ever seen the British show Coupling? It's a fav... anyhow, there's an ep where the one couple both have two TV personalities on their list (reporters? Not being British, we didn't get the reference). Anyhow, while they are in the middle of "relations", it cuts over to the two meeting at a vending machine and being all-of-a-sudden attracted to each other. Funny as heck, and appropriate to your brackets. :)

Life continues on here. Recovering from the craziness that was November. Back in training again starting today with a nice 4-miler with a friend. I am still not sure if I am going to do the full in Feb yet, but I will try to at least get up past 20 before deciding.

Well I'm glad I decided to budget in internet to return to this busy thread. :rotfl2::lovestruc;)

Karen, could it be related to allergies? My ex was sick all the time and finally went to an allergist, who said that his constant allergy (to dust, pollen, etc) were backing up his sinuses, thus providing a "ground" for other ickiness to grow.

Once he went on a once-daily Allegra (or Claritin is another option), plus a Flonase-type thing, he got sick a LOT less often.

Kelly, have you ever seen the British show Coupling? It's a fav... anyhow, there's an ep where the one couple both have two TV personalities on their list (reporters? Not being British, we didn't get the reference). Anyhow, while they are in the middle of "relations", it cuts over to the two meeting at a vending machine and being all-of-a-sudden attracted to each other. Funny as heck, and appropriate to your brackets. :)

Life continues on here. Recovering from the craziness that was November. Back in training again starting today with a nice 4-miler with a friend. I am still not sure if I am going to do the full in Feb yet, but I will try to at least get up past 20 before deciding.

Appropriate to your brackets. :rotfl2:

Kat - wow. Look at you. A runner. So proud of you. Remember when you said/thought you would never ever run. Wow. :love: Good for you!

Okay, I gotta come in on the brackets reference. Every spring I fill out a bracket for the NCAA basketball tournament. It starts with 64 and ends with one. I don't know that I could come up with 64 entries for Kelly's bracket. However I will introduce the idea at home. I'll let you know of any common entries between me and DGF ; )

It's entirely possible you just meant the notes in parentheses, Kat. If so, my list attempt will be much smaller.

I continue to train for THE marathon. Fought off a cold a few weeks ago, but healthy otherwise. Training is a little behind. I'm hoping to arrive at the start healthy and a little undertrained.

Lisa, thought about you when the NBA settled. Nice Christmas present!

Kat, I tried 1:1 on last week's long run. That may save me!

Jo, build slowly.

Ronda
Ronda

yikes! Where did the time go? Where have I been?

I really need to catch y'all up on my life (yep. All about me :laughing:). But I have to take Becca to her voice lesson - then it's Zumba and Tap lessons tonight.

Yes, I said Tap lessons.

Yes, I also said I need to catch y'all up on my life :rotfl:

Ronda, you should be fine! This isn't your first for sure, and that will help.

I managed my longest run ever today, 21 miles in about 5:10. Not burning up the pavement pace and I am sore now, but I am happy to have it done!

Also, I passed the 500 mark and am at 520.55 miles on the year.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter