In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate, VOL 8...It's Never Too Late To Start Again!

Going for a run...yes, at 8am! Yikes! I may not be Kat, but even I hate running this early in the morning. But it is going to hit 90* here today! And that doesn't happen often in Maine and that means I am going to be dying by mid-day...while moving my parents! Oy.

OMG. Totally hit the wall--for real--at 8 miles. Totally bonked. First time ever. The heat was too much. 80* and humid by the time I finished. Hydrating and fueling now. 40 ozs. in and still guzzling.

Weird, cold makes me hit the wall! Hope you feel better.

This is why the runs here for the Galloway club start so early. We do 3.4.5.6.7.8.9 (or something to that effect) then the rest are all 10s. A 10 mile for me is at least 2 hours and by 9AM here in August it's at least in the 80s. If I decide to go for broke and train for a full, it would be 18s.

They provide water stops and such too, I think.

On week 2 of no alcohol. I will admit that we broke on our anniversary (last Friday) and had a few glasses of red wine and probably went over calories. We butchered up a whole filet mignon from Sam's into 2 thick steaks (and a bunch of smaller ones for the freezer), grilled and topped with lump crabmeat, served wth bleu cheese mashed and corn on the cob. I also approximated the old-style mussell appetizer from Le Cellier, which is chowder style with bacon and shallots and cream. Substituted ff half and half for the cream. It was all really good, and I am glad we stayed in rather than going out. He brought me 12 red roses, as well, which I am not usually a flower kind of girl but it was a nice surprise.

However, other than that, no alcohol and been on track food wise. This week starts back the exercise regime. Gym bag packed and ready in car.

Nancy & E right there with you today it to be 86o

Nancy, track meet in 90o yuck.

Way to go on the loss Meg, yes please send Nancy and I you mojo
No work out yesterday or today but I have a story for today....

So in the Mini Van at 6:15 Am to get the girls off to the sitter.
Drop them off, have to take a detour to work due to construction. On this new way to work a pot hole jumped off the ground and ran right into my tire and flattened it.:scared1: Can you believe it!, So had to call DH and wake him up (he just got home) for him to find me and change it. So he did and we find out I bent the rim too:sad2: We just got these tires in February, but called the tire place and we have a warrantee so I will have a new tire in a few days. But I have to drive the girls around on the spear.

So its been a long day already and I just got to work, I really really need and I cold Coke!!:lmao::lmao: Cuz I am not drinking wine for a LONGGGGGGGG Time!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Weird, cold makes me hit the wall! Hope you feel better.

This is why the runs here for the Galloway club start so early. We do 3.4.5.6.7.8.9 (or something to that effect) then the rest are all 10s. A 10 mile for me is at least 2 hours and by 9AM here in August it's at least in the 80s. If I decide to go for broke and train for a full, it would be 18s.

They provide water stops and such too, I think.

On week 2 of no alcohol. I will admit that we broke on our anniversary (last Friday) and had a few glasses of red wine and probably went over calories. We butchered up a whole filet mignon from Sam's into 2 thick steaks (and a bunch of smaller ones for the freezer), grilled and topped with lump crabmeat, served wth bleu cheese mashed and corn on the cob. I also approximated the old-style mussell appetizer from Le Cellier, which is chowder style with bacon and shallots and cream. Substituted ff half and half for the cream. It was all really good, and I am glad we stayed in rather than going out. He brought me 12 red roses, as well, which I am not usually a flower kind of girl but it was a nice surprise.

However, other than that, no alcohol and been on track food wise. This week starts back the exercise regime. Gym bag packed and ready in car.

Kat, your dinner sounded wonderful!!!
Great job on keeping off boose!!! I drank your share Saturday night!

Thanks, Team. :goodvibes I am just now feeling better. Took nearly 3 hours to recover. I should clarify--we hear the phrase "hitting the wall" a lot and it is mostly misused. It doesn't mean I just got too tired to continue or uncomfortable with the temperature and needed to quit, or anything like that. When you bonk--it is physical and REAL and scary. As in, you get tunnel vision--your peripheral vision is black, you are lightheaded, dizzy, some people get blurred vision, etc. It is almost always due to being underfueled (I was) and not properly hydrated (again, I was) which is why it is often associated with really long runs and/or high heat.

Theoretically, you should never bonk--regardless of the temp--as long as you are fueling and drinking enough to keep up with the sweat and exertion (and, of course, are in shape for the distance you are attempting). I didn't wear my fuel belt today, thinking that I would get out early enough that the temps wouldn't be a problem for me. I also didn't bring any Gu or beans or ANYTHING. So, it was totally my fault. I was an idiot. But I had never really bonked like this before, so I thought maybe I was immune to it. You know, like hangovers....:rotfl2::lmao:

Anyway, sitting quietly at my desk for now (still drinking water) and then I have to go back out into this heat and help my parents move. Gross. And have I mentioned that NONE of my sibs are showing up this week to help with the move?? I am beyond annoyed. My dad, of course, can't do much with his mobility issues. And while my mom is in great shape and all of that, she is still a 70 year old woman and can't do all of this on her own. The movers are coming on Thursday and they will take all of the major furniture and that stuff, but there are still millions of boxes and other stuff to take care of. And none of the other four kids have even OFFERED. Grrr.

EE--any word on the Tri in August? Are you still going to do it? What is the date? Are you training? Lisa and I need to know these things! :lmao:

E, sorry about your energy crash today. Hope you recover quick. Don't push yourself with the boxes. Sorry you don't have help. Sending Hugs:hug:

So Speeding + Pothole = $250.00 ish!
Tire is under warrantee, but rim is not, $180.00 plus install on that.
Lucky Me!!!!

OH But I am so eating good today! I did have a pop but other than that, Salad for lunch and a Jimmy Dean D-Lite for breakfast

I have nixed the Tri, my partner decided she wasn't doing it. On the horizonm my company is trying to set up some benefit races for the fall (Komen is definite and others are pending). They are progressive in length, except for Komen, ending with a half in October. I don't know if I am in for the half, but definitely the 5 & 10K. Still in the planning stage, so hopefully we can get these going.

Im here... They can't take me down that easily. Got homes from yhe gym last night and was wiped out!

I am dealing with some HR issues at work which sucks. Tomorrow is showdown day and I have to lay down the law.

JC was underwhelming last night. I was up .7 pounds but I had downed a big bottle of water about an hour before weigh in so I am not overly concerned.

Nancy - I am in for the ride in VT. We can work out the details offline.

Tomorrow is the kick off for my century ride training and I have to admit that I am both excited and scared which is probably a good thing at this point.

Meg - awesome on the loss

E - your description of bonk-ing sounds terrifying. Glad you are alright now.

Nope. I would have been happy with either of the other two. But no denying his loss was incredible! But those jeans! Ugh. Not a good look. Too bad when he looked phenomenal otherwise!

I haven't watched a single episode but caught his reveal and OMG who dressed him? Awful.... Too bad because what he accomplished is amazing.

I agree on the jeans. I thought that dress did nothing for Ashley, either. She looked a lot better in the weigh-in clothes.

Good morning!

Time to wake up. It is going to be hot and steamy here today - yuck!

Make it a good one everyone.

Soooo the urge to go back to Disney, even just for a long weekend in September is KILLING ME! I just got the 40% off discount for nights in September and put that together with Free Dining. Oh man! Can't handle it haha

Oh well. I've still got time to decide.

Have to do cardio today - I've been doing so much strength training that I'm gaining the muscle but not losing the fat. Hopefully no one will laugh at me at the gym since I fell asleep in the sun yesterday and have a lovely sunglasses tan :)

Hope everyone's day is incredibly sunny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter