In Room Gifts

bobkins40

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Universal for the first time in Aug
split stay between Cabana Bay and Coronado Springs

It is to celebrate my son's 11th bday
so Harry Potter is a must !

are there any in room gifts like Disney offers that wont break the bank that could be waiting for him in the room harry potter related ?

I feel like this may only be available at Hard Rock, Portofino and Royal Pacific as it is a concierge-offered service. The site "Staying Universal" (http://stayinguniversal.com/) has a menu of in-room gifts posted for each of these hotels but nothing for Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls. You can always try calling the hotel directly though...(407) 503-4000

I just bring my own. Will be at the Portofino in August on my DD’s 17th birthday. I am bring all the decorations and some small gifts. We will get a cupcake or treat whatever she wants, as a cake would be too much for us, and we are not really cake people. I found a cute happy birthday potter decorated banner at Target. That is what I will hang up as she sleeps. She is a late riser, I am not. Did the same thing when we were at Disney on her birthday, both at Disney World and on a Disney cruise.

So if cheap is your hope, I would think bringing it yourself would be the cheapest. You could also use Yelp or other as I am sure there are basket/gift stuff delivery to the Orlando resorts.

I agree with LynneG- bring your own. Pack what you can and plan to visit the gift shop at the resort to add to your gifts. Maybe buy a HP backpack and fill it with some items for your son.

We are heading to Universal for the first time in Aug
split stay between Cabana Bay and Coronado Springs

It is to celebrate my son's 11th bday
so Harry Potter is a must !

are there any in room gifts like Disney offers that wont break the bank that could be waiting for him in the room harry potter related ?
Hi! My son just turned 12 on our Universal trip last week. I also looked into a Harry Potter themed gift basket. The hotel said they work with a website basket and floral dot com. Minimum order is $40. There is an $18 delivery fee and tax. If you order from there you need at least 24 hours notice and the hotel had told me to order with the hotel and not the website.

I browsed the website and the baskets were nice but we decided to just let our son have a day “in charge “. We got him a birthday button and he enjoyed all the well wishes. At breakfast in the Islands Dining Room they brought him a balloon and cheesecake. It was a special day and of course we let him pick his own special gifts while at the parks.

Hi! My son just turned 12 on our Universal trip last week. I also looked into a Harry Potter themed gift basket. The hotel said they work with a website basket and floral dot com. Minimum order is $40. There is an $18 delivery fee and tax. If you order from there you need at least 24 hours notice and the hotel had told me to order with the hotel and not the website.

I browsed the website and the baskets were nice but we decided to just let our son have a day “in charge “. We got him a birthday button and he enjoyed all the well wishes. At breakfast in the Islands Dining Room they brought him a balloon and cheesecake. It was a special day and of course we let him pick his own special gifts while at the parks.

That sounds wonderful!! A belated :bday: :cake: to your son!!

I really appreciate bcbetha posting that link.
I added it to the Cbay sticky to help others when trying to decide which hotel would suit their needs best.

Thanks for the info- I decided Im going to do the same- instead of trying to pick out what he would like- I'll let him get some extra souvenirs
and then maybe at dinner can celebrate with a fancy dessert
I did put birthday on hotel reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter