I'm so disappointed and I don't know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
... they should have left rope drop the way it was, gone back to social distancing etc...but nope, just inconvenience the guests into something that's really going to do next to nothing to protect them in the grand scheme of things.

THIS exactly, @brockash - they need to go back to just allowing people to walk into the park rather than rope drop as it allowed the crowds to be dispersed rather than crammed up together. I was there in May when we still had to wear masks indoors - and were beginning to get rid of all the social distance markers. This is something that worked well to disperse crowds - open up the turnstiles and allow people to spread themselves out naturally.

Well....this pandemic is an ever-changing living thing for sure. But, until we're completely out of this, which at this point feels like another year or so, CDC guidelines will continue to change, vaccination mandates may come and go, infection rates will go up and down. If we want to try to get through this with a smidge of sanity, we all need to be flexible with the changes that come our way and go with the flow. This may be one of the reasons we're all on edge, especially with one another. Get out there and try to look at the positives, rather than the negatives, and destress a little. I work in a hospital and haven't been able to take my mask off for 18 months. I'm actually fine with only having to put it on indoors during my August trip to Disney.
This is the most reasonable and realistic response here. I think its foolish to stop living until this is "over" because you are very correct, it won't be for a long time and possibly never will be. It will come and go. Even with the vaxx we now have variants. Disney is not at fault for the virus, and they are trying to do what's best at any given moment. We need to be flexible and tolerant. Disney will likely never be the same experience it was prior to 2020, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.

Thanks and much respect to you for your hospital work throughout this virus. My friend's son is an ER nurse and the stories he's told me through the pandemic are just, wow...

Last edited:
Because nobody wants to spend thousands of dollars to have a bad time. Not the person you responded to, but I picked Orlando because I wanted to go to Disney- now I'm awkwardly stuck waiting on news hoping it changes while double booking a half trip to Daytona.

If it helps you plan, I would expect the back half of this year to look like the back half of 2020. The situation will just get worse going into back-to-school.

This is the most reasonable and realistic response here. I think its foolish to stop living until this is "over" because you are very correct, it won't be for a long time, and possibly never will be. It will come and go. Even with the vaxx we now have variants. Disney is not at fault for the virus, and they are trying to do what's best at any given moment. We need to flexible and tolerant. Disney will likely never be the same experience it was prior to 2020, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.

And thanks and much respect to you for your hospital work throughout this virus. My friend's son is an ER nurse and the stories he's told me through the pandemic are just, wow...
:love::love::love::love:

Well put. This is me as well. I have a 3 year old who is only about 38/39 inches tall. Not a heck of a lot to do at Universal. Otherwise I would be switching my upcoming trip. As it is, we will just be cancelling, provided Disney doesn't backtrack on this nonsense.
Legoland could be an alternative, perhaps. My 35 inch tall 2 year old had a good time, and she will be able to ride a lot more after she is 36 inches. We will be staying at their resort hotel for about the same as a Disney moderate. Not sure their current mask policy, but when we were there in April, it was very similar to Disney's current mask policy (indoors and in line), but only applied to ages 8 and up.

Last edited:
When it involves spending the whole time in line keeping a mask on a small child or someone with special needs that either just can't handle it or don't understand why it does make it miserable. Especially for those people that started to plan and book trips once masks were gone so that wouldn't be an issue.
Totally agree. But as someone on another board pointed out, they were never gone for ages 2-11 :( (though 2 year olds don't have to wear them at Universal).

Just curious.....why would you cancel your trip over having to wear a mask indoors?

I believe the OP's tipping point was having to wear masks for outdoor queues/attractions, since Disney's wording is a bit ambiguous about that (it simply sates "all attractions"). I think after today or this weekend, we'll all have a better idea of the rules and requirements and maybe some people will feel more comfortable with the policy. I've read a lot of unreasonable posts in this thread (even some that were abusive and attacking...a lot of posts have been deleted), but I don't consider the OP's to be one of them. Disney trips are expensive, if the OP wants to save their money for a trip that they may feel will be more comfortable/enjoyable, that should be okay.

Legoland could be an alternative, perhaps. My 35 inch tall 2 year old had a good time, and she will be able to ride a lot more after she is 36 inches. We will be staying at their resort hotel for about the same as a Disney moderate. Not sure their current mask policy, but when we were there in April, it was very similar to Disney's current mask policy (indoors and in line), but only applied to ages 8 and up.
We have one 45 minutes from my house. I also have a 7 year old boy who is a thrill seeker, so LegoLand only really satisfies one child. Disney, Hershey those are the sweet spots.

Any word on if they are making guests wear masks in outdoor queues and lines? The wording appears to be a little less ambiguous at Disneyland saying MANY attractions instead of all. We have a trip to DL in a couple weeks and haven't bought tickets yet. Just curious how Disney is handling it all.

edit: sounds like ALL attractions at WDW.

It's not really that big of a deal. We went in January, March, and just got back a week ago. Since my 12 year old is not vaccinated (the rest of us are), we all wore a mask when she was wearing a mask which was in queues and crowded areas.

What I do hope to see return is the 6' "Please Wait Here" markers on the ground. Covid or no covid, it's nice waiting in line and not having the group behind you constantly bumping into you. Well, of course provided they can pick their heads out of their phones long enough to notice the line stopped. In those cases a 20' gap may not suffice.

Any word on if they are making guests wear masks in outdoor queues and lines? The wording appears to be a little less ambiguous at Disneyland saying MANY attractions instead of all. We have a trip to DL in a couple weeks and haven't bought tickets yet. Just curious how Disney is handling it all.
Yes, there are a handful of reports on the there and just back thread. It's inconsistent, but the rule seems to supposed to be when entering the main queue, so where the FP+ tapstyles are. But, like I said, it's inconsistent right now.

It's not really that big of a deal. We went in January, March, and just got back a week ago. Since my 12 year old is not vaccinated (the rest of us are), we all wore a mask when she was wearing a mask which was in queues and crowded areas.

What I do hope to see return is the 6' "Please Wait Here" markers on the ground. Covid or no covid, it's nice waiting in line and not having the group behind you constantly bumping into you. Well, of course provided they can pick their heads out of their phones long enough to notice the line stopped. In those cases a 20' gap may not suffice.

Just because its not a big deal to you does not mean its not a big deal to others.

Reports on the Here Now thread are all over the place. HS is not requiring masks in extended outdoor queues. Masks go up at the marquee entrance to attractions. AK is requiring masks up in outdoor queues. MK JC extended queue requires masks up. Epcot has not opened yet.

edit: sounds like ALL attractions at WDW.
Yes, that's what's being reported on the Here now/Just back thread -- ALL attractions. But inconsistent as to where in the queue it's required (some at the official entrance, others in the extended queue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter