I'm back my reveiw of Residence Inn LBV North

momof2boyz2girlz

Mouseketeer
I booked this hotel thru quikbook for $105. a night. I was to have a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit with a king bed in one room and 2 queen in the other, full kitchen and sleep sofa. When I arrived that unit was sold out so I was upgraded to a unit with 2 queen beds in each room. I would have preferred the king bed but that was fine. The rack rate for this room was $220. so I was pleased with the price I was paying.
The room had 3 tv's and a vcr in the living room. The kitchen was not well equiped but it was good enough for quick meals not full gourmet meals. Strange thing, the room can sleep 8-10 people but there is only service for 4 in the kitchen!!! Dishwasher soap, paper towels, coffee and microwave popcorn were provided and refreshed daily.
The beds and pillows were very comfy, and the housekeeping was very good.
Breakfast consisted of pretty much the same thing each day but there was enough variety to prevent boredom. Everyday there was:
Sausage
Waffles(already made)
Grits
Muffins (blueberry, banana, crumb)
Danishes
Then there was either Pancakes and Oatmeal or Biscuits and Gravy
Cereal(cheerios, raisin bran, froot loops, corn flakes and frosted flakes) and milk 2% and fat free
There was different breads, bagels for toasting
Make your own waffles (Yummy)
Yogurts
fresh fruit(bananas, apples, oranges)
Fruit cocktail
coffee, apple juice, lemonade, orange juice
We really enjoyed the breakfast, it was very fresh and hot.

The pool was very nice. It was caribbean themed with sprinklers shooting out of rocks. It went from 3 foot to 5 foot. The pool temperature was good. The hot tub was very very hot on one of the days we were there.
The kiddie pool is just a little round unheated(ice cold) in the shade pool.

We were on the ground floor facing Turkey Lake Road, I did not experience too much noise there. One of the perks of the location is the easy access to Universal as well as WDW. The back road (Turkey Lake to Hollywood Way) got us to Universal faster than going to MK!

Lots of restaurants 2 miles up the road at 535 (Crossroads), although they were all packed when we tried to go out to eat!

I did not use the shuttle but they had a free one to WDW and one to Universal that cost $10 per person. They had 3 in the morning coming back in the evening. I do think you need a car if you stay here, the restaurants were too far away unless you wanted to take a taxi.

I would definetly stay here again, since I have 2 teen boys and 2 girls this gave us the room to spread out and really enjoy our stay. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Well mom, I am so glad everyithing worked out for you at the RI.

Did you know the new RI at Seaworld opened last month?

I emailed quikbook to see if the new RI would be offered on their site, and they said no.

The new RI rates are around $200 for the 2 br even with AAA

Herc

Hi. Thanks for the great review. We have plans to stay here for part of our next trip. I also booked a 2-bedroom w/1 king and 2 queens. I booked through Quikbook but called the hotel directly for that room type. They told me I would definitely have it, but now I'm wondering.

Glad to hear it was good. I am always looking for good hotels for when my family comes. If they are not spending all their time at WDW they like to stay off site. Last time they stayed at Sierra Suites and liked it. I try to get them to stay on Palm Parkway since they opened Turkey Lake all the way down. It now has easy access to WDW, Univeral, and Sea World.

Originally posted by hercamore
Did you know the new RI at Seaworld opened last month?

I emailed quikbook to see if the new RI would be offered on their site, and they said no.

The new RI rates are around $200 for the 2 br even with AAA

Herc

Yes, I saw that on our drive in. Wow, I thought it would be less than that being as it is new and all. I would not pay that much for it, even though I liked it! My kids really wanted to go to the Holiday Inn Family Suites again, so that is what we will probably do next time. They loved the pool and game room at HIFS. I personally thought the breakfast at the RI was better than HIFS but who cares???!!! I did like the room better at RI but then again we don't spend that much time there anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter