I'm all better after getting over my cold (update)

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
All,

Thanks again for your concern, but I am all better with 3 days and 13 hours left to go :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: .

This long weekend really helped out and I was able to get lots done and at the same time rest.

I knew that it was just a small cold, but you never know how those things will turn out.

Jason( I think I remember that as your name),
I have 2 teen sons and one was sick last week, NO WAY I said as we were a week out from our trip ,which we leave tomorrow on.
TWO sure ways to knock out your cold symptoms, which it sounds like you are getting?
ORANGE JUICE,ORANGE JUICE,ORANGE JUICE
not the "from concentrate" kind. Go to the store and buy 1 or 2 containers of Florida fresh OJ, it will read "not from concentrate" , we get no pulp but if you like it with pulp, get it,
Drink AS MUCH as you can stomach, and I promise you your cold will go away faster.I have used this method for years and it has not failed me yet.
Another remedy is the product ZICAM which you can get at a drug store or even Walmart, it is over the counter , it comes in spray or drops I think and it lessens the symptoms and actually shortens your cold length.
But the orange juice will work, the overpowering amount of Vitamin C will knock it out, but you have to drink as much as you can.My son went through a whole carton in 4 hours, and I bought him another one.
IT WILL WORK!!!! Good luck!
Kristine

don't forget the Coldeeze and lots of fluids. I've been so paranoid about getting sick before my trip. People have been sick left and right at work this winter.... THe strange thing though has been that it's always something different. it's not like one person comes in and passes it around.
Good luck on a speedy recovery!

LeftCoaster,

Thanks. It's just my head is congested a little and my throat is sore from the draining during the night. I'm drinking a ton of orange juice, taking my cold caps, using coldeeze and am feeling better. It's not the flu at all, but just a cold. I talked to my MD this morning and she told me the same thing and that since I was just in for a recheck after the flu she didn't see a reason for me to come in.

As soon as I feel that tickle in the back of my throat I start the Echinacea. Last week I came down with a cold. I started the Echinacea right away, and within 5 days all cold symtoms were gone. My son and I swear by the stuff. ;)

Okay.... Here I am.. living proof that this works... I just got back from my trip on Monday night... I too got sick 2 days before I left... I searched the boards and read about Airborne and Zicam... I got both of em.. and guess what.. my cold was gone in 2 days!!! the Zicam ....that's what did it I believe.. because the airborne only works to prevent colds.. and if you take it the minute you feel your first symptom. I got the Zicam that you spray into your mouth... it tastes pretty yucky.. but it works... I can promise you that! It will shorten the length of your cold and actually the severity of it as well... and you will be right as rain before your trip. Get the Airborne also though so you can take that before you get on the plane and every day in the parks so you can avoid a relapse!!! They are both all natural.. and you can get them in the local pharmacy.. I got mine in Eckerd... good luck.. and have fun!!

kathy

My roomate is going to Venice next week and has a stomach virus today! Talk about disgusted and panicky.

Hopefully you'll both be better by Monday!

So, how is the cold coming along? Feeling better? For me, the worst thing is the cough I get after a cold. So, please try not to contaminate the air too much. I don't want to get sick. :flower:

LeftCoaster,

100% better. I went to work, got food, cleaned my condo (getting it ready for a friend who is comming by each day to check on my two cats, better than the vets).

I knew that it was just a slight cold, but after planning a trip off and on for 4 years, it gets you worried.

your post was a couple of days ago, but I can totally relate. We took a trip Feb 5-10 at the FWC and my DH got so sick he couldn't get out of bed. He stayed in bed for 2 entire days, and almost collapsed twice trying to get through the flight home. It was so sad for me, and miserable for him. Ruined vacations happen. The good news for us is that it gave me a good excuse to plan for our next trip to WDW (sooner than we would have) for October 2005. This time we are planning for a week in case he has to stay in bed for 2 days again. :rotfl2: Stay well! Get off the computer and go to bed!! :flower:

My sister who's a nurse had me go pick this up about a month ago and it works wonders!!! :cool1: You drop the tablet in a glass of water, wait about a minute or two for it to dissolve, then drink it. You do this once every three hours. There are 2 different flavors (orange & lemon lime) and it tastes like watered down soda when you drink it. With people at my work coming in sick and coughing all over, I've been doing this about twice a day and have yet to get sick. :banana: One of my manager's came into work with a really bad cold and I made him take this every 3 hours. He told me he felt ten times better after taking that, then he did trying other stuff. You can find this at CVS, Walmart, etc. in the cold medicine aisle. If you have any trouble finding it, ask the pharmacist. Also, since this is really popular, I'd call the pharmacy/store prior to going to make sure they have some in stock. When I went to get some last week, there was one box left. When I asked the clerk if there were anymore out back, she said that they had 26 boxes delivered late the day before and by noon the next day, this was the last one. It's all natural and it really does work. :cheer2:

All,

Thanks again for your concern, but I am all better with 3 days and 13 hours left to go. This long weekend really helped out and I was able to get lots done and at the same time rest.

I knew that it was just a small cold, but you never know how those things will turn out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter