• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations Cruise and a Baby

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
I'm hoping to be able to be lucky and get an Illuminations cruise for our trip in August. We will have a one year old in our party. Right now (at 9 mos. old) he really isn't startled or afraid of much. We've also been showing him our videos of past WDW trips with fireworks and Fantasmic!

Anyway, has anyone ever taken a little one on a fireworks cruise? What was the experience like? I'd love any and all opinions......even those that are going to tell me that it will be too noisy for the baby.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Regardless of the noise, I wouldn't do it. Illuminations starts at 9:00, by the time it's over, you cruise back and get off the boat it's going to be at least 10:00. Then you have to make it back to the WL, not a good recipe with a one year old, in my opinion. I know when my children are tired, the last thing they want to hear are LOUD noises. You might end up with one VERY cranky child, and it might make an unplesant expensive experience for all.

Moderators, help!

How did this post show up on the restaurants board? I posted it on the Theme Parks board. In fact, I just replied again to it. Can you delete it from the restaurant boards? Thank you!

We just did the Illuminations Cruise last week and loved it. My DDs are 2 and 4. My kids are not bothered by staying up late as long as they can sleep in the next morning. My 2-year-old was tired for the cruise, but she fell asleep about 10 minutes into the ride. We found the noise to be less than actually watching the fireworks from land where we normally stand. DD slept through the whole trip and we truly enjoyed the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter