I'll be 11 weeks pregnant on our Dec. trip. Advice?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
We are heading off to WDW in December and we found out several weeks ago that we are expecting our first baby! We are thrilled and we are now looking forward to our last "adults only" WDW trip more than ever!

I am wondering if anybody out there has any advice for me. I know, of course, what rides to avoid and that sort of thing. I am about six weeks right now and I am feeling great so far, but I know that could change any time.

If you have any practical advice on how to make the trip easier on me, etc. I would love to hear it.

In addition to the practical stuff, I am also looking for suggestions on ways to make this trip extra special as we celebrate this pregnancy - ways to enjoy our "alone" time before the baby comes, special things to buy for the baby, etc. Fun stuff like that!

I'd love to hear from anybody with ideas!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

I was about 7 weeks preggo when I was in WDW last December. I recommend eating 4-5 smaller meals/snacks each day instead of 2-3 large ones. Drink tons of water! Go to some character meals and take pics with the characters. Then when you go back with baby go to the same meals and take "after" pics. I do scrabbooking and cannot wait to do my before/after character shots. Enjoy some of Disney's finer restaurants like California Grill, Citricos and Artist Point. Go on a fireworks cruise for Fantasy in the Sky or Illuminations.

ENJOY BEING TOGETHER b/c the 40 weeks of pregnancy will fly and soon you'll be taking care of a cute little prince or princess.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!! And also have a healthy pregnancy!

Congratualtions!

I had just started my second trimester when we were there in the fall of 98.

Listen to your body... use common sense.

If for instance you are dying to do or eat something you always have done or eaten at WDW - but your body is saying "no no no!" then don't do it this time.

If you need to rest - don't feel bad that you may miss out on some rides or shows... you may usually be a park commando - but this time you may not be.

Have fun trying to imagine what your NEXT trip with a 4 month old will be like - and a 2 year old and then a 4 year old! Disney is amazing with your child.

Have fun!

Thanks for the advice! Even before we found out I was pregnant, we were planning on making this a very slow paced trip - lots of hanging out by the pool, soaking up the Christmas atmosphere, etc. We have been so many times before that it won't bother me to miss out on a few things this time.

I was 8wks on my trip in July and had no problems. I carried a package of Saltine crackers with me to help the little bit of nausea I did have. I also drank lots of water (it was hot!!!). Other than that, everything was pretty much normal. I was there with my sister and my 5mo old neice so we were already taking it easy.

I'm going again in Dec. (I'll be 7mo by then) and planning on doing it the same way, though even slower. I figure with my 73yo grandma with us she'll help me set the pace.

As for things to buy....my first choice would be Mickey Ears. My husband, who did not go with me in July, did not yet know we were pregnant so I bought a set of Mickey ears that said "Baby Callas" on them. When I got home, I gave them to him to break the news! In Dec, I am planning on buying her several articles of clothing for her first trip postpartum trip to the world (my 6yo sister is already asking when we can take the baby!).

Just take it easy and have a blast!!!

GEM, here are the attractions that you should not ride when you're pregnant:

Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Mad Tea Party
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Body Wars
Test Track
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour
Dinosaur
Primeval Whirl
Kali River Rapids

You must have been reading my mind. I just found out that I am pregnant also. I am also about 6 weeks pregnant...due July 8. We leave for WDW on December 11...so I will be around 10 weeks pregnant also. :Pinkbounc

This is our second child. DS is 3 years old. I am excited, but worried that I will be so pooped out that I will not be able to last the whole day.

We have been planning this trip for so long. We are really excited. I don't have lots of energy right now, however, I hope that by then I will feel much better.

I have heard that it isn't safe to go on the safari at the AK, I was looking so forward to this. Do you guys think that it will be safe to go on this if I sit at the front?

I wish you the best with your pregnancy. Children are the greatest blessings. :Pinkbounc

You're due two days after me! :cool: And we are leaving on the 11th, too. Where are you guys staying? We are at the Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights and then at the Boardwalk Inn for another 6 nights. Since we will be there for so long, and we have been so many times before, we are planning on taking it pretty easy. Like I said, I'm feeling pretty good now - not very sick, not too tired - but I know all that could change by the time we leave. Which I just realized is one month away exactly!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

AWWW! I am due two days after you are, this is so neat.

We will be staying at the All Star Sports. My DH & DS are really into sports so I hope that we like this place.

Haven't been to WDW since my & DH honeymoon 4 years ago. I know this will be a really special trip for all of us. Can you believe that we have less than 30 days? :bounce:

Best of your luck with your pregnancy. Maybe we will have our "Disney" babies on the same day. Woudn't that be something? :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter