If you're still covid cautious and cruised recently, how did you feel?

Will you be dining indoors?
Yes that is the risk; hoping those near us aren’t spreading. We can’t be 100% and don’t want to be. If I run to Cove cafe in the am I am not stressing. But at the shows we are wearing them. Especially if we are packed in. That is the real risk you have 10 people within a small radius for an extended amount of time. We can only hope for the best.

Yes that is the risk; hoping those near us aren’t spreading. We can’t be 100% and don’t want to be. If I run to Cove cafe in the am I am not stressing. But at the shows we are wearing them. Especially if we are packed in. That is the real risk you have 10 people within a small radius for an extended amount of time. We can only hope for the best.
We're on the Hi-Vancouver cruise. We'll be taking plenty of kn95s and wearing them whenever we're crowded in with others. Sound like we have similar plans.

So, here's the thing. We've all been so focussed on keeping safe from Covid (and I'm glad we did, mind you) that we actually haven't had any other sicknesses in 2 years. Guess what happened to our immunity to things like rhinovirus and common cold, strep, bronchitis, etc? Yep. All four of us came home with something different after our March cruise. None of us had Covid (had to do a PCR test when getting off the ship to go through Cdn customs) We all also did Covid tests at home. Still not covid.

I had a sore throat and runny nose. DH had bronchitis. DS had strep (responded well to antibiotics, but try to see a doctor in person these days is crazy hard) and my DSister got laryngitis.

At least we're good for a while and our immune systems got a kick-start for those every day bugs.
I’ve had I Can’t Believe It’s Not COVID twice since January. You’re so right that after two years of masks, having no masks has just made me catch everything under the sun. My immune system wasn’t great to start with and clearly it’s got worse.

This was the Wonder. That is the strange thing of it all. I reported it to DCL but no response. And frankly, I don't think it is counted.
Thanks! We had one very bad (and uncharacteristic) hygiene experience/trip with DCL pre-pandemic. It was a January 2018 week-long cruise. Every single protocol was broken on that cruise (no hand sanitizer wipes before going into restaurants unless requested, many sick crew working at Cabanas, diapered infants in the pools all the time directly in front of cast members etc.) Well, it should have been no surprise- we got sick incredibly fast, one by one, the night before disembarkation and we were not the only ones - people vomited on disembarkation in the bathrooms next to the restaurants, and on our DCL shuttle to WDW several people were vomiting in the bus as well. I was almost done with cruising, and I'm thinking, if the ever relax the protocols like that again now, we are all done for, hahaha.

FWIW I had detailed all this in all the post-cruise surveys and what not, but probably should've sent a separate letter, because I never heard back. This was a significant outbreak (last night of the cruise we had to take my DD to the ship's doctor, and it was BUSY with people with similar symptoms), and I don't know whether it was officially captured as such. Since then, before we cruise, I try to see if there are any signs on any of the ships that they are "slipping", and I feel it is worth it to be on top of them, so outcomes like that can be prevented. Every little thing that they do and are supposed to do, hygiene protocol-wise, is there for a reason. They should send post cruise health assessments with their surveys - if many people report illness and C-19 positives they know what they are doing is not enough or not working, and they can see patterns. Just some thoughts.

Thanks! We had one very bad (and uncharacteristic) hygiene experience/trip with DCL pre-pandemic. It was a January 2018 week-long cruise. Every single protocol was broken on that cruise (no hand sanitizer wipes before going into restaurants unless requested, many sick crew working at Cabanas, diapered infants in the pools all the time directly in front of cast members etc.) Well, it should have been no surprise- we got sick incredibly fast, one by one, the night before disembarkation and we were not the only ones - people vomited on disembarkation in the bathrooms next to the restaurants, and on our DCL shuttle to WDW several people were vomiting in the bus as well. I was almost done with cruising, and I'm thinking, if the ever relax the protocols like that again now, we are all done for, hahaha.

FWIW I had detailed all this in all the post-cruise surveys and what not, but probably should've sent a separate letter, because I never heard back. This was a significant outbreak (last night of the cruise we had to take my DD to the ship's doctor, and it was BUSY with people with similar symptoms), and I don't know whether it was officially captured as such. Since then, before we cruise, I try to see if there are any signs on any of the ships that they are "slipping", and I feel it is worth it to be on top of them, so outcomes like that can be prevented. Every little thing that they do and are supposed to do, hygiene protocol-wise, is there for a reason. They should send post cruise health assessments with their surveys - if many people report illness and C-19 positives they know what they are doing is not enough or not working, and they can see patterns. Just some thoughts.
I agree that I wish DCL would conduct a health survey but I also understand that there could be any number of explanations afterwards as to where you picked up the virus. I emailed DCL as well. No response. I will chalk it up to a bad experience and hope I am not a fool for going through with out next trip this summer. :-) Perhaps I really should just find an officer to talk to. Last trip, I did not see them out and about as in the past, and guest services was not helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter