If you were to skip 1 park with a 38" toddler which would it be

I would say HS because as other posters noted, not a lot for the little ones.

I would say skip Hollywood Studios. As a DL regular, you should have already experienced Galaxy’s Edge, star tours, tower of terror, toy story mania, alien swirling saucers (same as Maters jamboree). This leaves slinky dog, rocking roller coaster, and runaway railway. For toddlers, there is only Alien swirling saucers, runaway railway, and muppets. Most of the under 5yo attractions are gone from that park.

Epcot is great for kids and great for you if you’ve never been. One thing people don’t realize with kids is that at the exit of a lot of rides in Epcot, there are lots of games and interactive activities that young kids enjoy more than the rides. Test track, spaceship earth, Nemo, Figment. My kids absolutely love them. There is so much more for toddlers in Epcot than in HW studios.

If your trip is for you, the adults, then yes HW studios. If you want your young child to enjoy themself as much as you, then Epcot.

100% agree with this. There is basically nothing to do at HS for someone that age. Epcot has rides that they can go on, plus there is something for them to actually look at. Toddlers do need mental down times from the constant stimulation of rides. Walking around World Showcase, stopping to watch the ducks, watching Mariachi Cobre perform are all forms of entertainment for a child. My kids loved Epcot when they were little. Having time to just sit in the stroller and enjoy a walk around is a good way to keep the dreaded "meltdowns" from happening. Most of the time kids just get over stimulated and don't know how to handle it.

I would say skip Hollywood Studios. As a DL regular, you should have already experienced Galaxy’s Edge, star tours, tower of terror, toy story mania, alien swirling saucers (same as Maters jamboree). This leaves slinky dog, rocking roller coaster, and runaway railway. For toddlers, there is only Alien swirling saucers, runaway railway, and muppets. Most of the under 5yo attractions are gone from that park.

Epcot is great for kids and great for you if you’ve never been. One thing people don’t realize with kids is that at the exit of a lot of rides in Epcot, there are lots of games and interactive activities that young kids enjoy more than the rides. Test track, spaceship earth, Nemo, Figment. My kids absolutely love them. There is so much more for toddlers in Epcot than in HW studios.

If your trip is for you, the adults, then yes HW studios. If you want your young child to enjoy themself as much as you, then Epcot.
I totally agree.. epcot was a great family day park for us. If you look at the numbers AK, Epcot and HS only has 9 true rides. HS is the busiest park oi it's nice to see Epcot at lower numbers

HS. It was the park that had the most unhappy adults with crying kids. Lots of concrete and not very child friendly.

I would skip HS and do 2 MK days. Most of the rides at HS have height requirements, and in our experience last week, HS felt like the busiest park, plus they close at 7 every night.
At Epcot, you have the Nemo ride and all of the aquariums to look at, the Figment ride (which my daughter loved when she was little), Frozen, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth and the Mexico boat ride, all great for kids. My kids also loved exploring the countries when they were younger, lots of food and drink options.

There are so many rides and shows at MK, like Country Bears, Philharmagic, Tiki room, etc., that it takes 2 days to see it all.

I agree with HS for the reasons others have said. As a DL regular you have pretty much done everything there. I honestly wouldn't skip Epcot. I don't think people realize that there is kids stuff there to do. Also I just think if you have never been there you shouldn't skip it. It is our favorite park. World Showcase is awesome. We just love the atmosphere and the restaurants.

Skip HS. We have a family trip planned too and our granddaughter will be skipping HS.

As another DL local and regular, skip Hollywood Studios. So much of it is also at DL. I would definitely do Epcot instead as there is more for a younger one to see and do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter