If you Rode Forbidden Journey...POST HERE! :) (Spoilers)

aww! I didn't noticed that when I rode today... Oh well, it was only the first time riding and I loved it. That gives me something else to look forward to when I ride it again. I loved the ride and the first dementor really scared me because I was sitting on the left.. LOL

how deep are the chairs? Proper posture or a bit of a curve? Also, this is going to sound stupid but is that a real person next to you? Soo looks like a doll!

You are like the 10th person that has asked me if they were real people LOL!!!! I dont think anyone on the boards has asked, but my friends and family from home. Yes they are real people, it was two girls that were dressed as Hogwarts students. They were nice and seemed to like the ride. I didnt notice it making me sit up too straight, no different than most of the other harness type seats. :cool1:

Hmmmm, I thought of a spoiler that I haven't seen mentioned here yet (unless I missed it).

They show your faces floating in "smoke" in the dementors scene...i.e. take a pic. and then it is projected. Real cool effect.

I realized that on my second ride through today. There is so much going on in the ride, you'll miss a lot of things.

Also, I found that the maneuver from when you get "whomped" by the whomping willow and then are in the quidditch match is the most gut-wrenching move in the ride.

Rode four times this week, and since I'm an uber geek, I tried to pay close attention. So here is a very detailed report....very spoilery.

Skipping the lines (cause you can see good videos of those online).

When you get locked into your seat, look up if you haven't at the floating candle effect.

Then look ahead when you hear Hermione speak, you'll see her in a mirror/screen throwing the green dust on you while speaking the spell incantation.

Video screen of you traveling thru castle halls/walls

Live set of Astronomy tower as Harry and Ron's voice yell that Hermione has done it (great time to look down to see the kuka arm below you - only time I could see it clearly).

Video screen of following Harry out of tower and flying around Hogwarts. Stop in front of Hagrid warning about dragon. Then you see dragon go after Harry and fly around you. He goes one way and you fly onto:

Live set of bridge with dragon trying to break it down to get to you, turn around a bit and dragon breaths "fire" at you (hot steam) Smile for picture!

Then get sent into forest: live set of spiders. Aragog spits at you (water droplets) and smaller spiders hang down over you (there is a picture here too at one point, but not for purchase) Hermione shows up in a cavelike image and says she'll get you out and says anti-spider spell (which I can't spell and don't have time to look up).

Then the whomping willow tries to whomp you and you do go on your back here, almost upside down.

Finally you get out of the forest and go back to video screen of Quidditch, where Draco makes a snide comment to Harry about you, you cause Ron to miss a goal, and the demontors show up to chase you and Harry. You lose him as you head into the forest again.

Live set of creepy, dementor filled forest/caves. They are close and creepy. (On our third visit we got stuck here for a bit with one in our face....ah good times...hehe). One gets close to you and lights up, as you back away through fog screen you see your faces in the fog (picture taken during spiders, mentioned above). Be warned, if you get stopped during ride, or something goes wrong the effect won't work and you just get light and fog.

As you try to escape dementors you go thru the Chamber of Secrets. We see the stone snake head, then basalisk bones that hiss steam, then we go on our backs through the Salazar Head statue, before going back to cave full of dementors. (Interesting factoid: My friend's company built Salazar's head, and they had problems getting it in place because the A/C ducts were installed in the wrong place. They made it work, but if you look up you can see the ducts. Apparently the jaw of the statue was made to open up wider, but you can't really see it because of you position, so I don't know if it did open up behind us or not).

Back to video screen of Harry's patronus shield and the dementors flying away, then you follow him thru caves that are caving in, you get out and fly back to the castle. Go in thru the front courtyard and doors and switch to:

live set of castle hall with big screens that show Harry and friends in common room welcoming you back and Hermione, Neville, Dumbledore and Hagrid in second screen waving at you. Then back to screen of walls, before landing and getting off.

That's all I can remember, but hope that gives you more details. Unless stated, the benches are upright and feel more like typical motion simulators motions.

Rode four times this week, and since I'm an uber geek, I tried to pay close attention. So here is a very detailed report....very spoilery.

When you get locked into your seat, look up if you haven't at the floating candle effect.

Then look ahead when you hear Hermione speak, you'll see her in a mirror/screen throwing the green dust on you while speaking the spell incantation.

Live set of Astronomy tower as Harry and Ron's voice yell that Hermione has done it (great time to look down to see the kuka arm below you - only time I could see it clearly).

Video screen of following Harry out of tower and flying around Hogwarts. Stop in front of Hagrid warning about dragon. Then you see dragon go after Harry and fly around you. He goes one way and you fly onto:

Live set of bridge with dragon trying to break it down to get to you, turn around a bit and dragon breaths "fire" at you (hot steam) Smile for picture!

Then get sent into forest: live set of spiders. Aragog spits at you (water droplets) and smaller spiders hang down over you (there is a picture here too at one point, but not for purchase) Hermione shows up in a cavelike image and says she'll get you out and says anti-spider spell (which I can't spell and don't have time to look up).

Then the whomping willow tries to whomp you and you do go on your back here, almost upside down.

Finally you get out of the forest and go back to video screen of Quidditch, where Draco makes a snide comment to Harry about you, you cause Ron to miss a goal, and the demontors show up to chase you and Harry. You lose him as you head into the forest again.

Live set of creepy, dementor filled forest/caves. They are close and creepy. (On our third visit we got stuck here for a bit with one in our face....ah good times...hehe). One gets close to you and lights up, as you back away through fog screen you see your faces in the fog (picture taken during spiders, mentioned above). Be warned, if you get stopped during ride, or something goes wrong the effect won't work and you just get light and fog.

As you try to escape dementors you go thru the Chamber of Secrets. We see the stone snake head, then basalisk bones that hiss steam, then we go on our backs through the Salazar Head statue, before going back to cave full of dementors. (Interesting factoid: My friend's company built Salazar's head, and they had problems getting it in place because the A/C ducts were installed in the wrong place. They made it work, but if you look up you can see the ducts. Apparently the jaw of the statue was made to open up wider, but you can't really see it because of you position, so I don't know if it did open up behind us or not).

Back to video screen of Harry's patronus shield and the dementors flying away, then you follow him thru caves that are caving in, you get out and fly back to the castle. Go in thru the front courtyard and doors and switch to:

live set of castle hall with big screens that show Harry and friends in common room welcoming you back and Hermione, Neville, Dumbledore and Hagrid in second screen waving at you. Then back to screen of walls, before landing and getting off.

That's all I can remember, but hope that gives you more details. Unless stated, the benches are upright and feel more like typical motion simulators motions.

It's been a while since someone posted, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

This sounds great,I want to ride it so badley now!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for youre post,Padawan..:thumbsup2

Such a detailed review...makes me miss already shame I have to wait a whole year before riding again :guilty: Just a tip for riders smile pretty and keep your mouth shut at spiders. When I was on the far left side I got squirted in the mouth and eyes which made for an ugly photo op :laughing: One time I had my hand over my mouth to keep water again an ugly photo op :lmao:

GOOD LUCK MUGGLES!!:wizard:

Just found this thread. I haven't read much but want to thank everyone for posting about the ride.

My kids playing in them.

IMG_9739.jpg

Cute kids! :) Was your DD not tall enough to ride or did she just opt not to?

I should post here since I was there last week and fell in love with this ride! It has now replaced Spider-Man as my favorite IOA ride! I was a little hesitant at first since this was my first trip to the WWoHP and I was kinda freaked about this robo-coaster ride, but being a huge HP fan there's no way I was going to miss this. I'm a single rider so I got on the single rider line with no wait at all and WOW! It was amazing! I was so excited to see all the characters, be in a Quidditch game, see Dementors and the Whomping Willow up close! Though I have to admit, those dementors were creepy even for me! lol I loved the way the ride moved so smoothly, it really felt like you're flying. The movements through the Dementor part were, I think, the most intense movements of the ride. My stomach churned a little the first time, but it was nowhere near as bad as I thought. I was also glad I didn't see the track at any moment since the movements were so dissorienting, it made it more magical. I loved it so much I ran out, got in line and rode again! I love it! :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter