• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you have sailed Fantasy after dry-dock, please comment your stateroom # and level of vibration

I don't think there was ever a vibration issue other than aft so that's probably the area the OP was asking about. Sounds like those cabins still have it.

We were in 9170 aft and had quite a bit of motion (more like a forward/backward tugging motion than a vibration) the first night. I also had to secure the hangers in our room to prevent them from rattling. However, it wasn't so bad that we couldn't sleep.

The next morning pulling into Castaway Cay, we definitely felt the vibrations from the thrusters. After leaving Castaway Cay, the waves were smaller when we traveled to the Bahamas for a med evac, the motion was much less. The next night we were traveling much slower as they were working on the mechanical problems and we didn't feel much motion then either.

I won't cruise aft again, mainly because of the diesel exhaust smell on the balcony.

Oh yuck! We're in an aft balcony. :-(

7580 1st night felt something but that was probably more the rough seas. We had no AC for 2 days though.

First night oftentimes has rough seas. Crossing the Gulf Stream can be rowdy. We've not had a smooth crossing outbound yet. The Florida Straits were awesome, but the Gulf Stream makes my wife sick every single time.

I won't cruise aft again, mainly because of the diesel exhaust smell on the balcony.

You can get that smell just about anywhere on the ship. Literally depends on which way the wind blows and which way the ship is pointing.

Well, then you can report back to us. One question, were you on the Fantasy in the past and experienced the vibration?

That would be a "best case" scenario.

Twice but think we were mid-ship. Out of the diesel smell, vibration, and no AC...the no AC would be killer for me. Hoping for the best.

We were on 3 night. Room 8662. Slight vibration. I had to take out or move hangers. They were constantly clanging at night. A/c didn't work first night but got better. Good room location and clear verhanda.
My family has this exact room booked for our next cruise all the way in Aug 2018. It's a 7 day so I'm a little worried about us get tired of the vibration. Was it so terrible or do you think it vibrated more because the ship was moving faster because it was a shorter cruise? Also you said it was a good location why is that? Lastly when we booked it, it was described as an obstructed view veranda was there really an obstruction? and any other information about this room would be very helpful!! Thank you!

11008 on the 7 day and no issues. I tried to be aware of vibrations when I was aft and didn't notice any.

Sailed on the Eastern sailing right after the 3 day. Just got back yesterday (we spent an extra day in Orlando). We had room 9620, aft section. No noticeable vibration at all. Very smooth sailing. We had 7162 prior in Feb of 2015, and definitely noticed the vibration, this time nada.
Yes, the 3 day had problems and they limped into port about noon on the 20th. We were told by Disney not to arrive to port until 4 hours past our original PAT, but before 5:30. Went to rental car place to return car and had to still cool our heels as they were told not to allow anyone in until after 2pm. We were onboard about 3:30, I think. There were still several "glitches' that Disney had to work out on our cruise, but that is to be expected post drydock. We still had a fantastic time!

6188-completely aft. There was a vibration using the thrusters. Not as bad as before the dry dock, but we also didn't go as fast/distance as last time. Woke us when docking. Wouldn't stop me from booking the room again. Just irritating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter