If you had to choose just ONE...

I like Hungry Bear as well.
I like Hungry Bear also, but it is THE most aggravating QS restaurant at the resort. The people who work there are SO SLOW at everything, there is always a GIGANTIC line to order AND for some reason, mobile ordering does not consistently give you modification options and they like to slather every burger and chicken sandwich in "special sauce" that none of us likes, so you HAVE to order in person, and at the end of the day, it's more hassle than its worth.

I like Hungry Bear also, but it is THE most aggravating QS restaurant at the resort. The people who work there are SO SLOW at everything, there is always a GIGANTIC line to order AND for some reason, mobile ordering does not consistently give you modification options and they like to slather every burger and chicken sandwich in "special sauce" that none of us likes, so you HAVE to order in person, and at the end of the day, it's more hassle than its worth.
Good to know. We were considering this restaurant for our upcoming trip. We’ve never had amazing meals here, just good so I won’t feel deprived. We can’t deal with slow!

I've only been to Disneyland once, but from that trip, my mom and brother-in-law still talk about the street tacos from Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill. We ate at Blue Bayou and the Plaza Inn breakfast and weren't that impressed with either, so I am focusing on mostly quick service this trip.

We are going in June and here is what we are hoping to try:
Trader Sam's
Bengal Barbeque
Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
French Market
Plaza Inn (parade dining package)
Pym Test Kitchen
River Belle Terrace (if Fantasmic package comes back in time)
Shawarma Palace
World of Color Dessert Party

Many great suggestions and reviews here! Thank you everyone who contributed!

I'm still not sure with my final decision, but I might try to hit one lunch location in each park. I'm still working out my budget, so if needed, this would be the first thing I cut. That being said, I really think we'd all enjoy the opportunity to experience some of these places.

After all the great information presented, and my own research, I'm considering the following:

Hungry Bear in Critter Country at Disneyland

Your Review Points:
-Nice menu with burgers and such.
-Shaded seating area spacious with lovely views.
-Most sandwiches/burgers in the $11-16 range.
-Many great funnel cake options for dessert.
-Honey-Spiced Chicken Sandwich is amazing.
-Very SLOW and GIGANTIC lines. Mobile ordering modification options inconsistent.
-Many burgers/chicken sandwiches come slathered in "special sauce" that some may not like.

My Additional Notes:
-Looks like the average spend is $15/person
-Funnel cake options are a HUGE selling point for me...yum! lol
-Only does sweet potato fries, not regular-this is a down point for some of our picky eaters.
-"One of the park's most tranquil settings" Sounds like a great place to rest from the bustle of the park.

Lamplight Lounge on Pixar Pier at California Adventure

Your Review Points:
-Food is good, price point is low-mid $20s.
-Mid tier, most food items are between $15-26.
-Highly recommend Potato Skins ($15) and Cheddar Burger ($22).
-Cheddar Burger is of the tastiest burgers in the park.
-Recommend Donuts ($10) for dessert. Fluffy donuts and many dipping sauces.
-Highly recommended to go for dinner near sunset.
-Mid range, shareable entrees. Lobster Nachos could feed more than two, they are HUGE!
-Not small portions, but extremely pricey for what you are getting. It's good, and I love it, but never get out under $100/2 people.

My Additional Notes:
-Looks like the average spend is a range, $15-35/person
-Mixed reviews, regarding pricing and value.
-Regardless of thoughts on pricing and value, everyone seems to love the food.
-Has secret room called "the Office" that I find fun and fascinating (I know probably not gonna go in it, but still...very cool)

Both of these options seem doable, and I will add that my Partner is ALL ABOUT the burgers...favorite food! So your recommendations seem to agree that both of these would be great in that regard. If it comes down to it, I think Hungry Bear is my first choice, and Lamplight Lounge is more of a stretch goal. I'll have to see if I can squeeze them into the budget without breaking it lol

And thanks to you I have a new goal next time which is see if I can order a bunch of the consommé and grab some sourdough for my own soup bowl of sorts. ;)
I fooled around with the mobile order and you can order 2 regular, then you could order 2 with no onions, and then 2 without something else, etc. so there is a cheat but you would have to do without something.

Many great suggestions and reviews here! Thank you everyone who contributed!

I'm still not sure with my final decision, but I might try to hit one lunch location in each park. I'm still working out my budget, so if needed, this would be the first thing I cut. That being said, I really think we'd all enjoy the opportunity to experience some of these places.

After all the great information presented, and my own research, I'm considering the following:

Hungry Bear in Critter Country at Disneyland

Your Review Points:
-Nice menu with burgers and such.
-Shaded seating area spacious with lovely views.
-Most sandwiches/burgers in the $11-16 range.
-Many great funnel cake options for dessert.
-Honey-Spiced Chicken Sandwich is amazing.
-Very SLOW and GIGANTIC lines. Mobile ordering modification options inconsistent.
-Many burgers/chicken sandwiches come slathered in "special sauce" that some may not like.

My Additional Notes:
-Looks like the average spend is $15/person
-Funnel cake options are a HUGE selling point for me...yum! lol
-Only does sweet potato fries, not regular-this is a down point for some of our picky eaters.
-"One of the park's most tranquil settings" Sounds like a great place to rest from the bustle of the park.

Lamplight Lounge on Pixar Pier at California Adventure

Your Review Points:
-Food is good, price point is low-mid $20s.
-Mid tier, most food items are between $15-26.
-Highly recommend Potato Skins ($15) and Cheddar Burger ($22).
-Cheddar Burger is of the tastiest burgers in the park.
-Recommend Donuts ($10) for dessert. Fluffy donuts and many dipping sauces.
-Highly recommended to go for dinner near sunset.
-Mid range, shareable entrees. Lobster Nachos could feed more than two, they are HUGE!
-Not small portions, but extremely pricey for what you are getting. It's good, and I love it, but never get out under $100/2 people.

My Additional Notes:
-Looks like the average spend is a range, $15-35/person
-Mixed reviews, regarding pricing and value.
-Regardless of thoughts on pricing and value, everyone seems to love the food.
-Has secret room called "the Office" that I find fun and fascinating (I know probably not gonna go in it, but still...very cool)

Both of these options seem doable, and I will add that my Partner is ALL ABOUT the burgers...favorite food! So your recommendations seem to agree that both of these would be great in that regard. If it comes down to it, I think Hungry Bear is my first choice, and Lamplight Lounge is more of a stretch goal. I'll have to see if I can squeeze them into the budget without breaking it lol

Hungry Bear doesn't have sweet potato fries. The only place on property that does is Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel.

Hungry Bear has standard fries and onion rings (breaded, not beer battered).

I fooled around with the mobile order and you can order 2 regular, then you could order 2 with no onions, and then 2 without something else, etc. so there is a cheat but you would have to do without something.

There are no onions on the quesabirria tacos. There is just meat and cheese. There is also no salsa. So, it seems those are the generic customization options for all the items at that restaurant, but they don't apply to those tacos, specifically. They will not let you pick up more than 2 plates of quesabirria tacos per order. They are firm about that.

Regardless, I think that poster JUST wants the dipping broth. I wonder if they would just sell a cup of that. It is really good.

Hungry Bear doesn't have sweet potato fries. The only place on property that does is Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel.

Hungry Bear has standard fries and onion rings (breaded, not beer battered).
Huh. I wonder why the review I read said that. I'm glad to hear I'm misinformed on that point, though!

There are no onions on the quesabirria tacos. There is just meat and cheese. There is also no salsa. So, it seems those are the generic customization options for all the items at that restaurant, but they don't apply to those tacos, specifically. They will not let you pick up more than 2 plates of quesabirria tacos per order. They are firm about that.

Regardless, I think that poster JUST wants the dipping broth. I wonder if they would just sell a cup of that. It is really good.
Yup, totally want to just have the broth and some good bread. I mean, I’ll settle for eating the tacos first... ;) will try to ask a CM if I can just order the consommé next trip.

I’m just saying what I pretended to do last night and it let me? I didn’t try to check out though, so maybe it wouldn’t work, but I had 3 in my cart this way. Kind of a silly rule because all you would have to do is place 2 orders to get more.

DCA side - Pyms. 8 people is just right for the hundred dollar sandwich which sounds expensive but is 12.50 per person. Their other sandwich is good too if not everybody wants that.
Disneyland side - Plaza Inn. The fried chicken meals are big enough to share for most people.

Huh. I wonder why the review I read said that. I'm glad to hear I'm misinformed on that point, though!

They used to back in the day. I think they were removed around 2016. I remember back when I lived in Socal and was at DL weekly eating there fairly often. My excuse being I love Splash Mountain and being near the Rivers of America. They also used to have a Fried Green Tomato sandwich that I heard they are bringing back. I was never fond of it

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter