If you had $10k for a Disney trip, how would you spend it? Amazingly, not a hypothetical situation.

I'd consider renting DVC points for at least some of this. It's a relatively cheap way to get to stay in a very nice hotel, like Beach Club. They all have laundry, so maybe a good thing to put after the moderate.

I also wouldn't count out Swan and Dolphin (they have coin laundry). They can be reasonable booked significantly in advance, and they qualify for the late night extra hours. Late hours are predictable, they won't be Fri, Sat, Sun, which leaves Mon-Weds, and at the holidays they added Thurs this year.

Go to Oga's at night. It's just different when you show up in the middle of the day. Rope drop Remy at Epcot (Uber to Dolphin and come in the back) and have breakfast at the french patisserie.

Last edited:
As others have said, $10k for two weeks at Disney and Universal including international flights at 2.5 (is that $ or £?) is not as much as it sounds. Assuming the flights are $2,500, that leaves $7,500 for everything else. Which is $3750 per week. Which is more like a budget vacation, sadly.

You mentioned a package that includes Disney and Universal tickets. How much is that, and what exactly is included? Just park tickets? What will you have left to spend after this and the flights?

Others have mentioned DVC rentals. They’re often a good idea, but less than 7 months out AND in the fall can mean there is little to no availability at this point. I also don’t find them as cheap as they used to be. A 1 bedroom rental for a week can easily run up $5,000, more at places like the beach club. Studios can be hard to come by and won’t offer the kitchen/washer advantage.

I would stay value at both Disney and Universal. If you have more than 3 UO park days, you won’t necessarily need express pass. That will hopefully leave you some money for extras like MVMCP.

I would probably cut it from 14 days to 10 or 11, with 5 dedicated to WDW and 5 dedicated to Universal. For the budget. 🤷‍♂️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter