If you are watching the coronation, are you team Camellia

A lot of mistakes were made in the 80s, the whole Charles and Diana saga was one of them.

Camilla devoted her life to the royal family and to Britain, she does great work highlighting domestic abuse victims and children's literacy, among other things.

To keep seeing her as the third person in a marriage 35 years after it happened, and bypass all the good deeds she has done since... that's selling her short.
I think it’s only fair, if people are going to keep bringing up that “Diana cheated too”, that the full story is told.

It really amazes me that some are so willing to completely overlook what happened.

As I’ve said, I am glad Charles is happy, finally. Camilla suits him, and she has done a lot of good work.

But surely you can understand, at the same time, why it might be hard for some to “forget”.

It was a tragic story in so many ways.

I think it’s only fair, if people are going to keep bringing up that “Diana cheated too”, that the full story is told.

It really amazes me that some are so willing to overlook what happened.

As I’ve said, I am glad Charles is happy, finally. Camilla suits him, and she has done a lot of good work.

But surely you can understand, at the same time, why it might be hard for some to “forget”.

It was a tragic story in so many ways.
To me it is more about that some people think you can never make up from having an affair and redeem yourself.

If we pretend this is the Netflix show the Good Place, sure everyone is losing points for having an affair, but everyone also got a lot of points for all the charity work they did.

It happened forty years ago. Isn't it time to live in the present?

To me it is more about that some people think you can never make up from having an affair and redeem yourself.

If we pretend this is the Netflix show the Good Place, sure everyone is losing points for having an affair, but everyone also got a lot of points for all the charity work they did.

It happened forty years ago. Isn't it time to live in the present?
I think we can do both.

My mom was Canadian and grew up when it was still a British Commonweath (which is was until 1982) and grew up following the Royal family. So I grew up with her following and commenting on all things Royal. She didn't care for Camilla when she first started dating Charlies in 1970. So I grew up in an environment that would have to be described as NOT being Camilla's Team. "Old Horse Face" as my mom and her 3 sisters used to call Camilla.
Charles is King of Canada. We didn’t end the monarchy in 1982.

What happened in 1982 is Trudeau brought home the constitution making Canada more independent from Britain. But still retaining monarch as head of state - we are a constitutional monarchy.

Last edited:
My mom was Canadian and grew up when it was still a British Commonweath (which is was until 1982) and grew up following the Royal family. So I grew up with her following and commenting on all things Royal. She didn't care for Camilla when she first started dating Charlies in 1970. So I grew up in an environment that would have to be described as NOT being Camilla's Team. "Old Horse Face" as my mom and her 3 sisters used to call Camilla.

We’re no longer a Commonwealth country? That’s news to me…and every other Canadian

You might want to double check your source.

Diana only stepped out after it was clear that Charles wasn't going to stop. Anyway, she's dead now and beyond any consequences this world could possibly give her, while Charles and Camilla aren't. They don't get a pass on publicly celebrating their prolonged infidelity just because the third party didn't react in an ideal manner when she was alive. Charles and Camilla are indeed fortunate, far more fortunate than either of them deserves.

If Charles' character is so weak that in his thirties he couldn't tell his parents, "If I can't marry the woman I want to, then I'll stay single," then it isn't strong enough for him to wear the crown. OK, the late Queen forgave him and kept him on as her heir despite the weakness he's shown absolutely no sign of maturing past. That's fine, and he's certainly not the only morally dubious man-baby to ever ascend the throne. But it should have been at least as low-key an event as his second wedding and not a lavish public celebration, and she shouldn't have been crowned at all. I realize that my opinion doesn't matter to them in the slightest, but there it is.
That’s not how it works. The monarch doesn’t decide these things.

And it’s up to Britain how they want to celebrate the start of a new reign.

Last edited:
I'm British and I'm happy for our new King and Queen. Charles deserves to be happy. Yes he was unfaithful, so was Diana. He should have been "allowed" to marry Camilla a long time ago, but that is all water under the bridge now. I think Camilla is good for Charles. She understands him and makes him happy. And I hope that will make him a happy, confident and settled King. And that's got to be good all round.

Catherine, Princess of Wales, is someone very much living in the present, yet could still subtly pay tribute to Diana on a day as important as today, with the support of her husband, Prince William.

Charles and Camilla both know it. And it’s ok. Really.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-wales-subtle-tribute-diana-26858735

Kate Middleton, the Princess of Wales, paid a sweet tribute to the late Princess Diana in a subtle gesture at the coronation of King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla at Westminister Abbey.

Both the Prince and Princess of Wales wore formal robes and mantels with the princess without a tiara at the request of the King and Queen. But the princess chose to wear pearl and diamond earrings which belonged to Diana, Princess of Wales, in a touching nod to William's late mother.

The earrings worn by the Princess of Wales were gifted by manufacturer Collingwood before her wedding to Prince Charles in 1981. They feature a bell cap set teardrop pearl coming from diamond-encrusted stud and were a firm favourite of Diana’s, reports The Metro.

The delicate pieces made many appearances during her marriage including during a tour of the US in 1985 and with the the Lover’s Knot tiara for a gala dinner at the British Embassy. The earrings were also worn by Diana at the Vanity Fair party at the Serpentine Gallery in November 1994 alongside what would later become known as ‘the Revenge Dress’. The current Princess of Wales first wore the earrings in 2019.

Princess Diana was an incredible woman and a good person. However, that did not make her free from faults. She was human.

That being said, I don't think it's right to bash Camilla for a mistake so long ago or make fun of her looks. "Horse face", really? I'm not necessarily on her team, but I can separate the person from their mistakes. I'm sure none of us are innocent. She has shown her willingness to work hard and devote her life to the RF and England. Does that make up for infidelity? No, but how long should a person pay for a sin that only impacted their families? Let people live their lives in peace.

Catherine, Princess of Wales, is someone very much living in the present, yet could still subtly pay tribute to Diana on a day as important as today, with the support of her husband, Prince William.

Charles and Camilla both know it. And it’s ok. Really.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-wales-subtle-tribute-diana-26858735

Kate Middleton, the Princess of Wales, paid a sweet tribute to the late Princess Diana in a subtle gesture at the coronation of King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla at Westminister Abbey.

Both the Prince and Princess of Wales wore formal robes and mantels with the princess without a tiara at the request of the King and Queen. But the princess chose to wear pearl and diamond earrings which belonged to Diana, Princess of Wales, in a touching nod to William's late mother.

The earrings worn by the Princess of Wales were gifted by manufacturer Collingwood before her wedding to Prince Charles in 1981. They feature a bell cap set teardrop pearl coming from diamond-encrusted stud and were a firm favourite of Diana’s, reports The Metro.

The delicate pieces made many appearances during her marriage including during a tour of the US in 1985 and with the the Lover’s Knot tiara for a gala dinner at the British Embassy. The earrings were also worn by Diana at the Vanity Fair party at the Serpentine Gallery in November 1994 alongside what would later become known as ‘the Revenge Dress’. The current Princess of Wales first wore the earrings in 2019.
I know this might be a more blatant tribute, but it seems like everything Princess Catherine does is made out to be a "nod" to Princess Diana or a tribute to her by the media. Right down to the colors she wears or an outfit that might appear similar. I understand the RF is all about tradition, appearances, and subtlety - but it makes me wonder how much of it is true or how much is made up by the media to make a feel good story. I have a gift of a pearl necklace from my great aunt, but I don't wear it as a tribute to her. I just wear it because it goes great with the outfits I choose.

They started doing it with Meghan as well, which I'm sure she ate right up. It's just something I've noticed through the years and has always bugged me.

Not watching, it is too boring in my opinion. Plus i have too many assignments to do right now, so can't sit in front of my TV the whole day long. I already ordered some academic translation from these guys https://thewordpoint.com/services/translation-sеrvice/academic, still need to do a lot of things by myself unfortunately. Of course i gonna need to read all of those later on and understand everything what is written there.

Last edited:
I know this might be a more blatant tribute, but it seems like everything Princess Catherine does is made out to be a "nod" to Princess Diana or a tribute to her by the media. Right down to the colors she wears or an outfit that might appear similar. I understand the RF is all about tradition, appearances, and subtlety - but it makes me wonder how much of it is true or how much is made up by the media to make a feel good story. I have a gift of a pearl necklace from my great aunt, but I don't wear it as a tribute to her. I just wear it because it goes great with the outfits I choose.

They started doing it with Meghan as well, which I'm sure she ate right up. It's just something I've noticed through the years and has always bugged me.
Agreed.

Charles is King of Canada. We didn’t end the monarchy in 1982.

What happened in 1982 is Trudeau brought home the constitution making Canada more independent from Britain. But still retaining monarch as head of state - we are a constitutional monarchy.
Thanks for clearing that up so concisely.

Technically yes, except possibly Montreal. The Queen set Canada free in 1982.
What! First of all Montreal is a city not a country. That makes zero sense.

Did you not know that the Queen (now King) was (and still is) still Canada’s monarch for the last 40 years? Why else are their images on our currency and stamps?

1982 basically made it so Canada could amend the constitution without Britain’s assent. That’s all. Well we added the charter of rights and freedoms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter