If they built a new Titanic replica ship, would you take a cruise on it?

Agree with Cannot_Wait_4Disney. You can already tour and even stay on a historical ship that is only slightly younger than the Titanic - and that would be the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Disney even had some interest in owning the QM and passed (wisely IMHO once Long Beach tuned down the planned park). The QM even has scale models of several historic ships including the Titanic on display - it's just not all that grand by comparison to today's ships and FAR more expensive.

FWIW - the QM is rotting away as she floats and could be a lot better maintained. There is a near continual call to either restore or scuttle her. IMHO, a far better example of the grandeur of that time period is Hearst Castle up in San Simeon.

Agree with Cannot_Wait_4Disney. You can already tour and even stay on a historical ship that is only slightly younger than the Titanic - and that would be the Queen Mary in Long Beach. Disney even had some interest in owning the QM and passed (wisely IMHO once Long Beach tuned down the planned park). The QM even has scale models of several historic ships including the Titanic on display - it's just not all that grand by comparison to today's ships and FAR more expensive.

FWIW - the QM is rotting away as she floats and could be a lot better maintained. There is a near continual call to either restore or scuttle her. IMHO, a far better example of the grandeur of that time period is Hearst Castle up in San Simeon.

Yes, the original DisneySea project before they built it in Tokyo....and since they built in Tokyo and had a HUGE budget there, they actually built their own 1910's era looking Cruise ship docked....it really is amazing to be in.

d31c03480a166e24f004e2a9a8ec0ff5.jpg

Current pandemic notwithstanding, there's been rumors for a few years of a company trying to create a new Titanic for people to ride, at least the look and styling of the cabins etc.

Would you want to take a cruise on it?

Depends: will guests have to dress like they did back then? If so, then I'm in. :teeth:

Nope. My idea of a cruise vacation is today's modern floating resorts with port stops at interesting places every day or two for a week.

I would but not if its meant to recreate the characters and events. I would just want a regular cruise styled to look like the old ship.

According to Business Insider, they are building a Titanic II. I don't have any interest in cruising ever again. Even if I were interested, I would not sail on a ship with that name. I don't have a logical explanation (I know we have lifeboats and more modern equipment now) but--just no.

Why not? I think it would be great, particularly if they did it in period costumes and used the menus from the original.

There is a restaurant in our city that does a huge (last) dinner menu replica and guests are invited to come in replica clothing or formal dress. It is pricey - about $200. It's a huge hit.

I was a kid when they found the Titanic. I was fascinated by the story. I asked my dad this same question. He said it would never happen because people would be to scared to sail on it.

all of these answers are great. I personally can't decide if I'd want to or not...and I truly understand both points of view!

I think having the full ship docked at port to explore would be the best compromise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter