Ideas for packing food

christibelle

Earning My Ears
The search function has been disabled so I am unable to find some of the great threads on ideas of what kinds of food to pack in your luggage (adults and kids). If anyone has some great suggestions on what to bring and tips on how to pack it I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I think the FAA is not allow taking food in your luggage. I think there was a thread about the new regulatiions. I hope some can confirm it for you.

From what I have read, food and drinks are not prohibited. However, they prefer that you do not bring any.

Lisa

Send your food to yourself at WDW.

I was told by SW not to pack food. And to pack shoes on top.
All luggage is opened. Use a luggage strap to secure, not a lock.

Carry valuables - camera's, glasses, toothbrush, $$'s of any sort.
Wear your jewlery. Keep it Simple at WDW.

I sent a box to myself at the Dolphin last year. They found the box
in 'shipping' within 4 hours of us being there.

You could also use a food web-site to order and have food shipped
to your resort. I think there is one called www.grocer.com ???

Egads. I didn't think there would be any problem taking along a few snack type things (cookies/chips) along with me on my flight. Am I reading this right that this isn't allowed or isn't suggested?

Okay so I don't have a rental vehicle while there and I'm depending on Disney transportation. I sure wish they had some type of transportation that made regular visits to the darn grocery store! What a dream of mine.. huh? LOL

So considering I'm so short notice I'm probably NOT going to also go the added expense of mailing myself snack food to the resort - there is seriously a way to get food delivered to the room while there? I will check out the link you showed... but how do we find out the address for the actual hotel we will be staying in? (I'm staying in ASMu for instance- and I can't find an address for that. I assume you can't just let grocer.com that you are staying at ASMu, right? LOL)

From what I've read, the food on carry ons is not a problem, the just don't want you to pack food.

Try www.netgrocer.com for delivered groceries.

There are others that you can fax your order to and then pick it up on your way to your hotel.

There are lots of threads on this subject in the DVC board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter