Ideas for dinner (non park night)

tiffjoy

DIS Veteran
Would love ideas for dinner in June when we are going to the parks for just three days. We have been lots of times until the past couple years, and now we don't go as often (just became expensive and can go on other international trips for the same amount or less). So I'm more out of the loop than I used to be on dining. The first night, it will just be my girls and I (they are 14 and 12) as my husband is driving up to meet us from his work trip in San Diego. I'd just love to chat about people's fav non park dinner places!

Would you want to do something like a character meal at Goofy's? Or maybe Craftsman Grill at the Grand.

When my grandkids were that age they liked to order a pizza from Marris' and hang out at the pool.
It's nice they deliver!! and are affordable too.

Would you want to do something like a character meal at Goofy's? Or maybe Craftsman Grill at the Grand.
Maybe? We haven’t done character dining in years since they got older. Last time would have been 2019. I haven’t been to Goofy’s in a very long time. How is the food?

When my grandkids were that age they liked to order a pizza from Marris' and hang out at the pool.
It's nice they deliver!! and are affordable too.
Oh interesting! I’ll look at that. We are staying at the Hyatt House and swimming that evening so that could work.

Given where you're staying, I'll toss out a recommendation for The Pizza Press - it's just a couple of blocks north from Hyatt House, and the personal sized pizzas with create-your-own options are great for teenagers!

The first night, it will just be my girls and I (they are 14 and 12) as my husband is driving up to meet us from his work trip in San Diego. I'd just love to chat about people's fav non park dinner places!
How about Storytellers at the Grand Californian? It will give you the feeling of being onsite at Disneyland even though you aren't going into the parks.

Maybe? We haven’t done character dining in years since they got older. Last time would have been 2019. I haven’t been to Goofy’s in a very long time. How is the food?
We like it, but I don't think it's anything especially fancy. I always like the buffets because you get a wide variety of options, including fresh fruit and nice salads. My 13 & 17yo still like character meals, but I guess it depends on the person.

Since you are staying at Hyatt House, I’d likely opt for one of the restaurants at Gardenwalk across the street (CPK, Cheesecake Factory, etc.) for dine in/take out. For super easy, there is a Blaze Pizza right at the Hyatt House. My girls (almost 16 and 19) would definitely pick that for a chill night at the hotel.

Any suggestions for Downtown Disney?
If you want something cheap and quick, Earl of Sandwich all the way. I dream of that Holiday Turkey sandwich.

If you want a sit down, Naples has good pizza. But it's a bit on the pricey side. They have the quick service side that does personal pizzas (Napolini).

Black Tap is also good for burgers (and shakes!). There you order from a counter then find a table to sit and they bring the food out to you.

If I were in DtD and didn't have a park day, I would be inclined to eat at Craftsman Grill at GCH, as others have mentioned. It's consistently good food. We love the pizzas and their burger. The poke bowl is also good. They have the bar seating (called Craftsman Bar and Grill) which requires a ressie or walk up, or the quick service (GCH Craftsman Grill) that has open seating. You can even sit outside and hear a bit of DCA on the other side!

They have the bar seating (called Craftsman Bar and Grill) which requires a ressie or walk up, or the quick service (GCH Craftsman Grill) that has open seating.
Oh yeah, that isn't confusing at all...Why couldn't they just have kept the "Whitewater" name for the quick service area, just changing the second word from "Snacks" to something more substantial?

Oh yeah, that isn't confusing at all...Why couldn't they just have kept the "Whitewater" name for the quick service area, just changing the second word from "Snacks" to something more substantial?
Agreed! I wanted to make the distinction for the OP since they have such similar names. I wish they kept the quick service to Whitewater or at least something different!

My family has always had good meals at Roy's at the GardenWalk, since the OP is staying over near there.

In DTD, I really like Ballast Point on a nice day. It's upstairs on a patio with sail-type shade covers. Prices aren't bad and the food is very good. In many spots you can look down at the activity below.

I am not a big fan of Naples. It's very overpriced, IMO, and I haven't had great service.

Centrico just opened in DTD and has creative Mexican food. It replaced Uva Bar in the center of DTD so lots of opportunity to people watch. We enjoyed the tacos, shrimp quesadilla and the tlayuda which is sometimes described as a "Oaxacan pizza."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter