Idea for autographs

travelitis

DIS Veteran
I want to do something different this year for collecting autographs. Last year I did elaborate scrapbooks we carried with us and had to protect from rain or any water. It was annoying, but the 3 kids loved them as did the characters. This year I'm thinking of buying Disney pillowcases and having the characters sign those. I'm still doing the books, but I'd love not carting them with us. Another idea I had was cheap Santa hats or stockings. Our grocery store is selling Santa hats and stockings for $1.00 each, and they're made out of felt so they aren't the nice plush stuff, but you could write on them with the very evil Sharpie that characters detest.

I like the pillow case idea. Just be sure to have a hard surface to put under it, or an embroidery hoop to hold the fabric taut. I used an embroidery hoop for my autograph tote bag.

Does anyone know where to find Disney pillowcases? I have looked everywhere that I can think of ... Any help would be appreciated!

I know WalMart in our town has them. I'd also look at Target which is where I bought both Mickey and Pooh pillowcases long ago.

travelitis: What a great idea. We also have easily found department store pillowcases. I actually just read another thread about autograph books and as I was typing thought of:

blank canvas bags one gets from craft store

Don't know if this would work or not, but add a Sharpie & an embroidery hoop.... Could fabric transfer a Disney clip-art to it I imagine before hand. Kids would have own bag for keeping souvies organized at hotel.

What do you think? I've been enjoying your threads about your autograph book. As time is getting tighter around here I think I may be resigned to buying plain old ones instead of making nice ones myself. But a pillowcase...or a bag... hmmm the wheels are turning again....

What's wrong with the Sharpie? What should we be taking for the characters to sign with?

cdnMom2,

Sharpie markers are permanent, which is great for paper, but not for costumes...I'd wager a guess that more than one Disney character has been inadvertently written on by an excited child with a sharpie pen!

CndMom - Thanks! I think Local Girl hit the nail on the head about the Sharpies. I read another person's post that a character actually recoiled at her Sharpie. I don't like the idea of my kids with Sharpies, either, but if we do pillowcases, cest la vie!

Your tote is a great idea, too. Will a Sharpie show up on a black bag, though? Wouldn't it need to be a light color? I love/hate my books so much that I've been racking my brain to alternatives. The kids ate up all the extra attention they got from characters, but having to locate and pull out the exact page was a pain in the neck. I much prefer something that's more practical.

We've used Sharpie pens for autographs on pens, a tote bag, a blankie, and quilt squares. And (sheepish here) Mickey got a Sharpie stain on his glove at Chef Mickey's last week. I'm guessing they have lots of spares to change with though.

I got my fairly large zippered tote bag in the craft section of WalMart for <$5. It's natural (cream) color. All the autographs are in shades of blue, and I'm going to use fabric paint and a potato to make some Mickey heads in red.

We do shirts. I get a variety of colors of markers (and help DD and the characters to avoid makrings).

I keep the shirts and markers in a ziplock and just pull it out when we see a character.

I always have one special shirt that has the princesses on it and have just the princesses sign.

This has worked well and she loves wearing them to school.

In October we filled four shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter