I wish I had known...

Junebugwv

DIS Veteran
even more before I went to the parks! I thought I had read all I needed on these boards and the UG 2005. We just returned from 12 days between hurricanes and we used FITS so were able to come and go at a variety of times. I wish I had known: Epcot doesn't always run trams during slow season. We went 4 times to EP and never saw a tram running. We walked a long way before getting to the gates. Same at MK when we arrived at 8:30 on a non EMH day. We parked close, but no trams were running to the TTC. Sure added a lot of walking! But low crowds made up for everything.
Anyone else have a tidbit to add?

I actually never knew about the trams either. I've been at all times of the year and have never not seen a tram running.

Was this your first trip?? I think those are kind of hard in general. They are sort of the learning one. Our first trip was so bad and rough we decided we were never going back. Thankfully that didn't last long. It was actually after finding these boards that we decided to try again (I was really unarmed for our first trip). We've been going every 6-10 months since.

I Know that if you get the MK,MGM early you can get a really good up front parking spot, but no trams. The fronts of the lots closest to the parks you have to walk, no matter what time of year.

It does not seem like a long walk in the beginning of the day, but after being in the parks all day and then having to walk back to your car no matter how short is horrid.

Originally posted by Junebugwv
We just returned from 12 days between hurricanes and we used FITS so were able to come and go at a variety of times. I wish I had known:

What are FITS??

Fun In the Sun passes, generally available to US residents only thru Paramount Travel www.gopit.com -- allow 30 days admissions to all WDW venues, plus Kennedy Space center and some museums, only good for 30 days from first admission.

I did not know this either. But last Friday night after Illuminations no trams were running. I generally don't use trams there anyway. But I did not realize there were times they were not running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter