I wish DVC members could pay for APs with monthly payments!

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
I sure wish DVC management would let DVC members pay for annual passes on a monthly basis. I believe Florida residents already have this option.

I know at Universal you can do this…we currently have the Preferred Pass and have loved going to Universal as much as possible this year. I had to make a 50 % down payment and for the rest I pay it out monthly.

I figure the average DVC member has some disposable income, so why shouldn’t they make it easy for us to say “yes” to the annual pass and just pay for it in smaller pieces?? I sent them an email to ask them to consider it using the online email option.

Never hurts to ask…….I have sent the email....maybe someone is listening! LOL! :D

I sure wish DVC management would let DVC members pay for annual passes on a monthly basis.
That's not a decision that DVC can make. DVC can request it, but ultimately it's the Ticketing department that would have to allow it.

I believe Florida residents already have this option.
Yes, FL Residents can pay monthly for WDW annual passes.

By limiting the monthly payment plan to state residents, Disney only has to deal with collection laws in states where they have theme parks (CA & FL).

My point is just that they are more likely to consider it (ask approach the appropriate group within Disney) if people were to ask and show interest. If Universal can do it, surely Disney can manage it. There just needs to be enough interest for them to look into it and see if they might develop it as an option. I definitely love my Universal AP and am using it a bunch and not going to Disney nearly a much....because Universal has made it more affordable and easier for me.... :)

I thought they did, until after I got back from my tour. I specifically asked do DVC members have the option of the payment plan for the passes, was told yes, we qualify then as Florida residents. I'm glad that wasn't what sold me into buying. It would be nice if it was available to whomever has the desire to purchase it, other than residents

As nice as spreading out the cost would be, I would bet most DVC members find a way to get those APs without it. And if Disney can get you to pay for that hamburger today as opposed to Tuesday, they’ll gladly do that.

I have tickets already in hand for our 2018 and 2019 trips and we are going to HHI in 2020. After that, I don't even know if we will be doing the parks. The prices have increased so much and with Galaxy's Edge opening (and our family has ZERO interest in Star Wars), the crowds will be unbearable. I cannot justify spending $2K for a week's worth of tickets so unless Disney starts offering some nice incentives to DVC members, we will still travel down and use our points for lodging, but we will stick to the resorts and take advantage of all of the other wonderful options available to us. Between horseback riding, mini-golf, spa treatments, parasailing and even bowling at Splitsville, I'm sure we will have plenty of things to do that won't be nearly as hectic and crowded and won't require standing in line for hours. It might end up costing the same amount of money, but it will be a much more enjoyable vacation.

We've never been to Universal or Sea World so exploring off-site options is becoming a lot more appealing as well.

By limiting the monthly payment plan to state residents, Disney only has to deal with collection laws in states where they have theme parks (CA & FL).

This is exactly the reason, and why I don’t see it changing anytime soon. Disney legal prefers to keep any WDW (and some DCL) issues in Florida as much as possible. Same with DLR in CA for obvious reasons.

I specifically asked do DVC members have the option of the payment plan for the passes, was told yes, we qualify then as Florida residents.

Yikes!!!

Glad you didn’t buy based on that info.

This is exactly the reason, and why I don’t see it changing anytime soon. Disney legal prefers to keep any WDW (and some DCL) issues in Florida as much as possible. Same with DLR in CA for obvious reasons.

Eh, they used to allow only SoCal residents to do the plans. Now it’s all of CA, from what I recall.

It’s a goofy excuse. Debt collection is debt collection. And all they really have to do is “turn off” the AP and they could be done with it if they wished.

If Universal manages it I bet Disney could.

Yikes!!!
Eh, they used to allow only SoCal residents to do the plans. Now it’s all of CA, from what I recall.

It’s a goofy excuse. Debt collection is debt collection. And all they really have to do is “turn off” the AP and they could be done with it if they wished.

If Universal manages it I bet Disney could.

Hey I never said it was a good reason :crazy:, but it is the reason if you inquire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter