i was surprised by this

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
i was able to book CRT yesterday for July 4th. There was a time when you had to booke 6 months out to get CRT. I was surprised and almost didnt even check to see if it was available figuring it is 4th of july it is less than 2 months away. We got it though for a party of 7 at 2:40 pm.

It's not as hard as it used to be--maybe because of the high price or because of the other princess dining at Akershus. Either way, you got a great ADR for a very busy week! Enjoy!

I would make sure you're at Rope Drop that day and DON'T leave. It's likely that MK will close sometime during the day for capacity. If you're not there when that happens and you arrive for your CRT ADR they won't let you in.

I would make sure you're at Rope Drop that day and DON'T leave. It's likely that MK will close sometime during the day for capacity. If you're not there when that happens and you arrive for your CRT ADR they won't let you in.

Very, very good advice. I think a lot of people do assume they will get back in with a reservation at one of the restaurants.

This is when the boards do their thing, sprinkling pixie dust - so good of you to catch that!:wizard:

Maybe you just got lucky! There are cancellations, even on the busiest day. It could be that you checked for a reservation a few moments after one opened up. Think of it as a happy coincidence!

I say that because in my experience, Cinderella's Royal Table is still giant draw. I haven't noticed much of a decline in popularity, and I can't imagine it wasn't full at one point on July 4, which is typically one of the most crowded days of the entire year.

We're going to be there the beginning of August. Just for kicks, I happened to check CRT last night and there are tons of openings. Nearly any date/time I plugged in. It used to be the toughest ADR to get. I was telling my dd13 that I tried getting one the first time we took her to WDW when she was 5. Absolutely could not get one. I was heart broken. So I asked her if she wanted to make up for it this year and she wants to! Just the two of us! Made my day!! :goodvibes

Someone told me it's because they've added lunch and dinner. Did they used to only do breakfast? :confused3

I don't think there are any characters at lunch. That probably makes it easier to get.

There are characters at lunch from what I have been told!

I was able to get a 2:40pm ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table two days ago for our trip in 9 days! Wonder if Disney releases certain times in waves?

Or maybe we got lucky! My 4yo is so excited to eat in the castle (as am I)!!!

There are characters at breakfast, lunch and dinner. There used to be no walkaround princesses at dinner - that's what changed, they've now added them. It is possible that some persons who would not have otherwise booked dinner are now doing so because there are now princesses there.

Returning to the issue of capacity closure - that is a very real concern on the 4th of July in MK. The parks close in stages for capacity, and if it has closed for you, you will not be allowed in even if you have a reservation - including a prepaid reservation at CRT. So it's a wise suggestion to go as early as possible and stay in the park until after the meal, because if you leave and the park closes while you're gone, you won't get back in.

Stage 1 closing - Parking lots closed, only guests using Disney transportation may access the park. (If you are staying offsite get there early)
Stage 2 - Ticket windows and electronic ticket kiosks closed. Only guests who have previously purchased tickets may enter.
Stage 3 - Only annual passholders and Disney resort guests are admitted.
Stage 4 - No one is admitted.

It's not as hard as it used to be--maybe because of the high price or because of the other princess dining at Akershus. Either way, you got a great ADR for a very busy week! Enjoy!

I had the same experience. It used to be you couldn't get a reservation but I tried less than the 180 day mark and was able to get the time I wanted.

WooHoo for you though for the 4th!

I've noticed a openings at places too, not just CRT. We are going in July and just for fun I have been playing on the Reservation website. There are dinner openings during 5pm-7pm at LeCellier's and Ohana. Being only 7 weeks out, that's not bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter