I Saw Identity (SPOILERS)

Jeff in BigD

Oldschool DISer
We saw the movie. I'd heard good things, but the ending left me cold.

Here's some thoughts:
-I thought the movie could have been a lot better without the goofy horror flick-type deaths.

-I guessed that John Cusack was the patient 1/3 of the way through the movie & I was right...sorta.

-I figured that it would be a character that you believed to be dead when they mentioned Ten Little Indians.

-When I saw the ultra-lame bat in the throat of the con section, I ruled out the kid as the killer. Though I've never attempted to shove a bat down someone's throat, I'm going to assume it would take some strength that an 8 year old wouldn't possess.

-Midway through I had my 3 picks for the killers. Ray Leota was too obvious. The hotel owner was too flighty. The hooker was too much of the typical "hooker with a heart of gold" cliche. The step-dad would have been a good choice, but he was too weird. The hysterical chick was bound to get killed. My picks were Jon Cusack, the mom & the newlywed guy.

-I feel like changing the rules in the middle of a whodunnit is kind of cheating.

-I thought making the hooker the killer (like she'd killed the guy for all that cash) would have been a nice twist.

-I thought the ending with the kid was a little cheesy. The van part was cool though.

-Overall I liked it, but the ending really kind of drug it down for me. Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Thanks Jeff! Personally, I have NO intention of seeing this movie but, with John Cusack, I'd LOVE to but, I'm a scaredy cat~BIGTIME!! (That's why the spoiler notice didn't bother me) ;)

At least I have a glimpse of what WON'T be giving me nightmares! :o :(

I slept fine last night, but then again I heard that The Ring was supposed to cause nightmares & it didn't bother me at all. *shrug*

I saw it on Saturday! The acting was good, but the movie was kind of creepy. There were a lot of twists that were original and some predictable. I didn't think it was scary at all. 7 out of 10! I try to rate movies as:
1. Outstanding...I must see it again NOW!
2. Enjoyable...glad I saw it, might buy it
3. Crap...I wasted my money!
This way I'm not too disappointed! Most movies fall into Enjoyable!! Jeff are you excited about X-2?!!!!! The ring was WAY SCARY and creepy and disturbing. Not the storyline, but the camera work! The director of The Ring is directing Pirates of the Caribbean!

I too enjoyed it. Oh just as an aside...Mulberry FL DOES NOT have mountains...its swamp land..but living in Polk County near Mulberry we got a kick out of hearing/seeing about Polk...even though they were not accurate..

Mulberry FL DOES NOT have mountains...its swamp land..but living in Polk County near Mulberry we got a kick out of hearing/seeing about Polk

I remember seeing a movie once where the title at the bottom of the screen said "Galveston, Texas". In the background of the shot were what were obviously the hills of Southern California. We all got a big kick out of that. Galveston is about 30 minutes drive time from me and is about a four hour drive from anything remotely resembling a hill :p

Jeff, thanks for the review. I haven't seen it yet but spoilers usually don't ruin a movie for me. I want to see it but based on your 7 of 10 I might wait until it hits cable or Blockbuster. I'd rather see X2 this weekend anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter