I need updated reviews for this years Hallowishes dessert party :)

I'm wondering with the crowding issue what they plan on doing for strollers? I'm assuming my DD (19 months) will be asleep by 9... In her stroller. A year ago at the SWW dessert party we were allowed to take her stroller in since she was asleep. Hope they keep with that trend!

They took our stroller and parked it outside the party area.

We booked because my mom is in a mobility scooter and thought this would get us a nice view of the fireworks without a fight. Any ideas on a good place to view the fireworks for a person in a mobility scooter if we cancel the party? Do you think the party is worth it for someone in a mobility scooter?

They took our stroller and parked it outside the party area.
Was your child sleeping or awake when you checked in? I expect strollers to be parked if child isn't asleep in it...(similar to restaurant policies). I am curious to know how they handle the situation if the child is already asleep in the stroller.

For those that have been to the party, do you have the option of watching the fireworks from the lawn like during Wishes?

For those that have been to the party, do you have the option of watching the fireworks from the lawn like during Wishes?

This is what I am wondering too. It shows on maps that one of the lawns is for the Dessert Party. However, I thought I read earlier that one area (Terrace) was for people who had made earlier reservations while the lawn was for same-day dessert party bookings.

This is what I am wondering too. It shows on maps that one of the lawns is for the Dessert Party. However, I thought I read earlier that one area (Terrace) was for people who had made earlier reservations while the lawn was for same-day dessert party bookings.

Yes I read that too, but I also read that those with earlier reservations could ask to go to the lawn & the CMs would let them.

Isn't the plaza garden viewing only for regular wishes? Can anyone confirm if they offer this for the Halloween or holiday one?

I don't believe the parade pass and fireworks viewing is the lawn seating, for that $$$ I want a roof over my head in case of rainy weather (which we had one year)...and there is a wheelchair accessible viewing area reserved within the park, both for the parade and fireworks, only three persons allowed beside the wheelchair, scooter person, no exceptions, so if you are a large party this won't work for you. Then you don't need the dessert party.

Spoke to hubby, although we are disappointed with the 'cuts' in no candy mugs this year...we have two 7 year olds that will have better viewing with the reserved parade seats and the firework area. People stand on the grass and streets and they can't see over them, and they are too big to hold up in our arms. So we will pay for the ability for them to see without obstructions.

We also booked the Star Wars party, and I'm nervous that the fireworks area is standing only. Hopefully they will be able to see...at least we will get our mugs there, and a bit cheaper

I can't speak to this year - but last year, when the lawn was still FP+ only for the lawn for Wishes, it was open to anyone at all during Hallowishes.

Thanks so much for everyone's reviews. I been checking out the halloween party thread to see if anyone posted a review of the dessert party. I have a reservation for the 10/25 party and I'll be cancelling it.

Last edited:
Isn't the plaza garden viewing only for regular wishes? Can anyone confirm if they offer this for the Halloween or holiday one?

I'd also like to hear from someone who's been to this year's parties. It is a separate, bookable dining event for regular Wishes. There's no mention of reserved plaza garden viewing for party nights.

I'd also like to hear from someone who's been to this year's parties. It is a separate, bookable dining event for regular Wishes. There's no mention of reserved plaza garden viewing for party nights.

The plaza garden viewing (the one on the terrace side) was wide open for everyone at the Thursday night party. I sat in there and it was very comfortable and almost everyone stayed sitting for both CTM and the fireworks. Lots of space all around, most everyone was crowded around the hub area.

I don't believe the parade pass and fireworks viewing is the lawn seating, for that $$$ I want a roof over my head in case of rainy weather (which we had one year)...and there is a wheelchair accessible viewing area reserved within the park, both for the parade and fireworks, only three persons allowed beside the wheelchair, scooter person, no exceptions, so if you are a large party this won't work for you. Then you don't need the dessert party.

Can you tell me about the wheelchair accessible viewing for the fireworks? Everything I have read says this is not available for fireworks.

Was your child sleeping or awake when you checked in? I expect strollers to be parked if child isn't asleep in it...(similar to restaurant policies). I am curious to know how they handle the situation if the child is already asleep in the stroller.

She was awake. I didn't see any asleep in strollers, but there's a bit more room next to the tables towards the back of the terrace.

I actually asked if we could go down there since we couldn't see from our table. I was told no, and that's when they informed me we could stand at the rail.

The plaza garden viewing (the one on the terrace side) was wide open for everyone at the Thursday night party. I sat in there and it was very comfortable and almost everyone stayed sitting for both CTM and the fireworks. Lots of space all around, most everyone was crowded around the hub area.

What is CTM. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter